+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5654Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3123680;
    I had a checkup with my doctor today. Just supposed to be routine, going over my quarterly blood work, etc.
    Now I'm scheduled for the full round of women's testing, she thinks my hernia may have come back, thinks I have a UTI and is concerned about my iron levels and malabsorption problems
    I told her I felt pretty good today until I saw her and now I feel like I'm falling apart!

At least my insomnia hasn't been bothering me lately. Now that I've found out all this other stuff it may be a different story tonight though.

Insomnia is the WORST. I hate not being able to sleep and I hate feeling so tired because I can't sleep. So I can certainly feel your pain there Buglover.
    Hoping all your tests come back in the normal range dear. I hate insomnia, as you said so tired because you can't sleep , I always can't sleep because I'm so tired....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I am lucky that I really enjoy my own company. Comes in handy for working things out and working through things. No therapy bills, here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3124524;
    I guess I am lucky that I really enjoy my own company. Comes in handy for working things out and working through things. No therapy bills, here!
    Hey - me too! You know people don't understand how I can spend so much time alone, they think I'm lonely.. Hell no It's the best way for me.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3124208;
    The weather was gorgeous today low 80's and the humidity dropped. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be high 80's and humid this weekend and I have a wedding to attend. I hope the church is air-conditioned!

mrd I hope your test all come back OK. Sounds like your doc is pretty vigilant if she's noticing stuff that doesn't really bother you!

Amy Lee I hope your meetup goes well. I know several people who really enjoy those.
    Im home early so that says that it was a bust. Im new to the group so i thought they'd reach out to me so i could meet with them. Not so. Im really annoyed.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm back - haven't read the back-pages yet. Had a blast with my siblings and their kids. I started a conversation about moving in with my mom in a couple of years - big move for both of us, but it is apparent to everyone that something along those lines will be necessary if we're going to keep the family home and keep her out of some sort of "facility". She's nowhere near that, but the house is a lot for her to handle. She owns it outright and I can't afford the price she'd get on the market, so I hope she'll put two and two together on her own. Has anyone here had to go through a similar situation? It would make things difficult for my daughter who will be entering college in another year. She'd have to stay with her dad and his new wife (who doesn't want the kids around) on breaks if she wanted to see her many friends or come out to see me with no friends. Well, a lot can happen between now and then, so I guess I'll just see how things work out.
    Count your blessings!

Welcome back dear. Pardon me for asking or rather posting, but while I realize that it is the "family" home, is there any particular reason to keep it rather than sell, sentimental stuff aside? If one looks at the "big picture" it is only material, and the memories are in your head, on pictures etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3124598;
    Hey - me too! You know people don't understand how I can spend so much time alone, they think I'm lonely.. Hell no It's the best way for me.
    Most people prefer that I spend most of my time alone For the most part, I prefer to keep to myself.

The loneliest I've ever been was when my then-wife was contemplating divorce but hadn't said anything about it to me. I was stuck in limbo--she was treating me like used tissue, but insisted everything was fine. It was almost a relief when she dropped the bomb.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3124935;
    Welcome back dear. Pardon me for asking or rather posting, but while I realize that it is the "family" home, is there any particular reason to keep it rather than sell, sentimental stuff aside? If one looks at the "big picture" it is only material, and the memories are in your head, on pictures etc.
    It was designed as a wedding present for my parents by a rather ingenious architect. It is centrally located to all the siblings and where everyone gathers for Thanksgiving and 4th of July (the feeling is we wouldn't all get together if it were sold). My folks collected art made by artist friends and artifacts from all their travels in Europe and my mom has made over 200 quilts. My mother is the ultimate gardener and the "grounds" are a masterpiece. My father made metal sculpture and there are several large outdoor pieces as well as many indoor pieces. He delivered most of the babies in town for the last 50 years and his father before him delivered all the babies in the last century (including John Glenn, the astronaut). The church I grew up in is an amazing structure with serpentine wooden balconies and an enormous pipe organ. The church family has known me since I was born. I have an old boyfriend there who would be an interesting twist.
    Everything else aside, it would be a service to my mother to allow her to stay in her home for the rest of her life.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-11-2008 at 08:53 AM.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3124705;
    Im home early so that says that it was a bust. Im new to the group so i thought they'd reach out to me so i could meet with them. Not so. Im really annoyed.
    Amy Lee, keep trying. You may find the group you fit with best. Or better yet, start your own.
    I've found that new groups are great because everyone's new and willing to make friends. The longer the group has been together, cliques have already formed.
    Keep on trying. It took me over a year to start making friends here and now I have made quite a few in just over 6 months.

Gut, glad you're back we missed you. I totally understand wanting to keep the old homeplace. It was very difficult on me when my parents sold the only home I had known growing up.
    And it sounds like yours is very special.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Hi gut, welcome back. What would happen to the home after your mother passes away (hopefully many MANY years from now)? Would the house go to you, or would some of your siblings want to sell it and each get a portion of the proceeds? As for your mother putting two and two together, I think you need to tell her so that you're both on the same page and neither of you are assuming. If your mother doesn't have a will stating some of the financial things, you could find yourself in a bind later if your siblings want you out of the house. Even if you're all thinking one thing now, things change. I think if this is a move you want to make, you need to discuss this with all your siblings and most importantly your mother. You want her to be comfortable and feel safe. But YOU should also feel comfortable and safe. As for your daughter, what has she said about the possibility of your moving? Could she stay with a friend when she visits during breaks? Also, it might not even be an issue since a lot of college kids work summer jobs during vacations. My guess is she'd find a job near school or near you, rather than where her dad lives.

GOOD LUCK! Your parents' home sounds beautiful! And John Glenn...wow!!!

+ Reply to Thread