+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amy Lee, I'm sorry you're lonely. It's an awful feeling to have. I hope you can find someone to do something with, but in the meantime like Buglover said: there's always us.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This place has been my saving grace many times. When I'm sad because mr buglover is gone and I can't reach him by phone, it is so nice to come here and chat and read. The FORT helps especially when my insomnia is at its worst.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I had a checkup with my doctor today. Just supposed to be routine, going over my quarterly blood work, etc.
    Now I'm scheduled for the full round of women's testing, she thinks my hernia may have come back, thinks I have a UTI and is concerned about my iron levels and malabsorption problems
    I told her I felt pretty good today until I saw her and now I feel like I'm falling apart!

At least my insomnia hasn't been bothering me lately. Now that I've found out all this other stuff it may be a different story tonight though.

Insomnia is the WORST. I hate not being able to sleep and I hate feeling so tired because I can't sleep. So I can certainly feel your pain there Buglover.

I've been an insomniac since I can remember. As a child it was warm milk and mom stroking my hair to get me to sleep. Now, I venture downstairs to avoid waking anyone up with the tv or the clickety clack of my keyboard.

I'm sending you warm thoughts so all of your tests will be perfect!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3123210;
    You have all of us Amy Lee.
    No pun intended, i promise. My friend gave me some links to anchor bloopers that i couldnt stop laughing at tonight i have a meetup with a group i signed onto online. Anyone else on Meetup? Anyway, i appreciate the support. I absolutely abhor the idea of spending a whole day indoors.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

mrd, I hope you're OK! That sounds like a bear to deal with.

Amy Lee, I hope your meeting goes well! Sometimes just being outside--even alone--is better than being cooped up inside all day.

And if you're really lonely, wanna come over and help me weed? Um, purely for therapeutic reasons, I mean!

MRD

Those of you that were interested in that story about my friend and the murder in Florida. 20/20 has changed the date to July 23, Wed. The story is about the Amber Lee Murder in North Port, Florida.

I am on meetups.com and love it.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3123429;
    If you come and live in my apartment complex you will never be lonely. You can hear everything through the walls and floor. It's like having roommates 24 hours a day!
    omigoodness, i have some 20-somethings upstairs that argue ALL THE TIME. and instead of arguing in their apartment, they always take it outside!!! they're either on the balcony above mine or one on the balcony and one in the parking lot, so that EVERYONE can hear every freaking foul word they yell! :nono

The weather was gorgeous today low 80's and the humidity dropped. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be high 80's and humid this weekend and I have a wedding to attend. I hope the church is air-conditioned!

mrd I hope your test all come back OK. Sounds like your doc is pretty vigilant if she's noticing stuff that doesn't really bother you!

Amy Lee I hope your meetup goes well. I know several people who really enjoy those.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i've met a lot of really awesome people through online communities ... going back to 1993. my current 'home' is on livejournal (since 2001) and i've got some really great friends over there. lj and the fort are my two favorite links

....though during big brother season, i tend to spend most of my time at the fort.

+ Reply to Thread