+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6987Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3120796;
    Those microbursts are strange things. We had one here last spring and it did a lot of damage to our town. It just looked as if a giant hand had swooped down on our town and flattened everything in it's path. But where one tree would be totally uprooted, next to it would be perfectly fine trees.

I happened to glance outside when it came through and it was during a thunderstorm. A huge blast of air, pushing trees sideways and gone in about 10 seconds. I thought I was seeing things it happened so fast.
    That's exactly what happened here. So i have a slight hangover today and the entire neighborhood is filled with chain saws and wood chippers cleaning up the mess. So my new rule is: don't drink on an empty stomach right after a major storm that will require noisy tools the next day to clean up the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3121271;
    I totally understand! I cannot understand why people love Florida when it's so humid all the time.
    Me either!!!!! And I spent 44 years there complaining about the heat and humidity. The humidity is so bad. You are soaked in sweat just sitting still outside. That is, unless the mosquitos don't carry you off first.
    It's hot here, but the humidity is not all that bad. Certainly NOTHING like Florida.
    And I swear I stood it better when I was younger, but the older I got, the more I just could not tolerate it. I used to say that I would hibernate in the ac from May through Oct. because it was too miserable to go outside.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate when the air doesn't seem to move at all.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When I went to visit my uncle 20 years ago in Hog Valley Florida, I stepped out of the airport and literally looked at my mom and said, is it like this all day? She said yes. His home was right next to the swamp and it was so gross to try to sleep! I also went to Juarez Mexico as a young adult and coming out of the El Paso airport was nearly as bad as Florida! I don't understand why elderly people wish to retire to humid conditions. It wreaks havoc on your perm!
    Yup, with donuts!!

That's why I prefer going to Arizona. It also helps that I have a dear friend out there and get to stay at her place for free.

I found Puerto Rico and Corpus Christi, TX to be extremely rough, too! Nasty, nasty humidity!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so lonely that it bugs.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3122896;
    I'm sorry that you're feeling that way Amy Lee that's not a fun thing.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3122896;
    You have all of us Amy Lee.
    Yup, with donuts!!

When I get "lonely", which is very seldom, I always go out and start shopping. Makes everything better!

I guess "lonely" is another of those things that I don't really do, along with the jealousy and envy and guilt. Too many books unread out there for me to be lonely!

If you come and live in my apartment complex you will never be lonely. You can hear everything through the walls and floor. It's like having roommates 24 hours a day!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread