+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9383Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3098592;
    It had to be the Bachelorette thread getting clogged. There were over 1800 people viewing it at one point.
    That Bachelorette thread is a huge lumbering monster getting ready to take over FORT. It's downright scary going in there. The huge amount of posts hourly, there is no way to keep up.

I am quite proud of myself today. I cleaned out the linen closet AND cleaned beind the washer and dryer.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Eliminate the redundancy, and those threads would be about two pages long, combined I grumble about it, but then I remember that reality TV is the core of FORT, not our facinating side discussions.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3110096;
    That Bachelorette thread is a huge lumbering monster getting ready to take over FORT. It's downright scary going in there. The huge amount of posts hourly, there is no way to keep up.

I am quite proud of myself today. I cleaned out the linen closet AND cleaned beind the washer and dryer.
    OMG! How much coffee did you drink this morning!

I um, think the last time I cleaned behind the washer and dryer was when I moved.

Hubby has been working on the car today, so I can't go anywhere. I suddenly find myself without reading material (very unusual for me) and there is CRAP on tv. I am so bored. You'd think I could have taken the day to do chores like you just did, but then again, I did clean quite a bit on Friday so the house looks good, but I know the closets are hiding quite a lot of disorganized clutter.
    But I just didn't feel like cleaning. I don't know what I feel like doing, but I haven't done it or much of anything else today.

I keep checking on the progress of the car and if hubby covered in grease is any indication, it must be progressing. He's going to have to hose down in the yard before I let him back in the house is all I can say.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm still due to clean my closet. It has 2 sides you know.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I was off work this week and didn't accomplish much (I mainly needed to decompress from a very demanding and stressful busy season), but I did finally go through my fabric trunk and weeded out the stuff that I was likely never going to use. I posted it on Freecycle and got thirty replies within an hour and then some after I posted the TAKEN post (who knew that fabric was so popular). I very much liked the woman whom I chose, lovely personality, early middle age with pink hair - a free spirit sort. And because I liked her so much and happened to be looking in the closet when she showed up, I gave her two huge bags of yarn (don't know why I was keeping it - I really don't like wearing sweaters so knitting is sort of pointless for me) and a plastic case for craft supplies. I just love Freecycle - I love knowing that the stuff I don't want is going to someone who actually does want it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

While I love having a pedicure, I actually prefer doing my own. I had to have my big toenails removed about 18 years ago because of chronic ingrown toenails, so I only have skin there now. And I have never in 18 years found anyone that will do a good job on those toes, so I basically do it myself. I still paint the skin and it sort of, kind of, looks like a toenail. But the skin there is not smooth, so I have to buff it and none of the professionals will do that. If it's not buffed, then it's not smooth enough to paint.

ETA: whoever came up with freecycle was a genius. We haven't had to use it lately, but when we have had to use it, it's been great. I too got rid of a bunch of fabric on freecycle.
    What's so nice about freecycle is that Goodwill and some of the other thrift stores won't take fabric and other stuff that you can get rid of on freecycle.
    Craig's list is my other favorite. Although my husband uses craig's list a lot more than I do, but is always surfing Craig's list.

I just had my first pedicure a couple weeks ago. it was nice, and I like the way my feet look (almost - I don't really like the look of any feet).
    and the lady who did it had a matching bunion surgery scar - so she was very understanding about my current pains there.

I may do it again. I never thought I would wear shoes with my toes exposed - and now I have a pair of sandals that I love that do. The bunion had been there for so long and it looked awful. So the surgery did work as far as improving the look of my foot, and the way shoes fit me is much better.
    just still having some residual nerve problems and the second toe just doesn't behave or feel right anymore. oh well. they look nicer...

MRD

New favorite discovery:

Jello sugar free pudding in dark chocolate and raspberry flavor. It's only 60 calories and is to DIE FOR.
    It definetly satisfies my sweet tooth without guilt.

I love chocolate and fruit flavors combined. Now if they'd make a chocolate orange flavor, I could be a very happy person!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3110784;
    New favorite discovery:

Jello sugar free pudding in dark chocolate and raspberry flavor. It's only 60 calories and is to DIE FOR.
    It definetly satisfies my sweet tooth without guilt.

I love chocolate and fruit flavors combined. Now if they'd make a chocolate orange flavor, I could be a very happy person!
    Dark chocolate and orange is a great combination, too. How 'bout this:
    Does Jello make a sugar-free pudding in just plain ol' dark chocolate? If so, you could just add some orange zest to it (or orange extract -- but zest is better) and voila! -- dark chocolate orange pudding!
    (If plain dark chocolate sf pudding doesn't exist, you could "darken up" regular chocolate by adding a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder to it.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still get pedicures, but my ped egg allows me to go longer between pedicures if I want to. Mostly, I get pedicures for the relaxation. Even though I go longer between pedicures, I like to have my toe color changed in between the times. I keep my fingernails painted a very neutral color, and go for the acrylic overlay fill in every 2 weeks...with my toes...there's no telling what color I may pick next. Sometimes I even get the neutral color that I put on my nails! Acrylic overlays make your nails really hard and holds polish better and longer, except for a French manicure.
    Last edited by burntbrat; 07-07-2008 at 10:07 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread