+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6255Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I love amazing Grace on bagpipes. when I had neck surgery I just came out of the anesthicia (sp?) and my dad and his wife were in the room, dad gave me a drink of water and asked how I felt. "still in a groggy state I replied "bagpipes, I want bagpipes at my funeral. amazing grace on bag pipes" my step mom asked him "what did he say?" he replied "he said he feels fine" it was our way of talking like when he told Ilikai that he had to get his prostate checked but not to worry, so Ili replied " so you're not out on the roof?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    What do you wear underneath your kilt?!
    Only the very brave know for sure dear.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Only the very brave know for sure dear.
    I'll just use my imagination as usual then, . I sent the link to my sweetie. I think he'd look pretty dapper in it, but I dare say he isn't brave enough to wear one.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Did anyone hear of the kerfuffle over the 2007 IKEA catalogue photo? The one on the front inside cover with the dog? It was on two of my news stations.

I love getting my new catalogue. It means fall is just around the corner! Have you got yours yet?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Did anyone hear of the kerfuffle over the 2007 IKEA catalogue photo? The one on the front inside cover with the dog? It was on two of my news stations.

I love getting my new catalogue. It means fall is just around the corner! Have you got yours yet?

Well don't just give us half the news. What was the kerfuffle about? (is that a real word??? )

myrosiedog: I've never heard of The BlackWatch. Eerie name.
    From Wikipedia

The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland (3 SCOTS) is an infantry battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.

Prior to 28 March 2006, The Black Watch was an infantry regiment in its own right; The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) from 1931 to 2006, and The Royal Highland Regiment (The Black Watch) before 1931. Part of the Scottish Division, it was the senior regiment of Highlanders. The regiment's name came from the dark tartan that they wore and from its role to "watch" the Highlands. 'Black Watch' was originally just a nickname for the 42nd (Royal Highland) Regiment of Foot, but was used more and more so that, in 1881, when the 42nd amalgamated with the 73rd Foot, the new regiment was named 'The Black Watch (Royal Highlanders)'. The uniform changed over time, but the nickname has been more enduring. The regimental motto was Nemo me impune lacessit (no one attacks me with impunity). The Royal Stewart Tartan was worn by the regimental pipers due the royal designation. Six companies were formed from 1725 to stop fighting among the clans.

Canada (from 1862) has its own Black Watch, being raised as the 5th Battalion of the Canadian Militia, being renamed by 1914 as the 5th Regiment (Royal Highlanders of Canada). It adopted its current title, The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada, prior to World War Two, in which it served in the Second Canadian Division from mobilization in 1939 to 1945. As part of the 5th Canadian Brigade, the Regiment's 1st Battalion landed in Normandy in July 1944 and participated in major combat actions afterwards including the fight for the Channel Ports, the Scheldt, the Nijmegen Salient, the Rhineland, and the final battles of the war east of the Rhine River. Two battalions of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada also served in Canada, one in the Active Army, the other as a Reserve unit. For brief time between 1953 and 1970, the Regiment had two battalions on the order of battle of the Regular Force, with a battalion in the Militia. The Regiment reverted to a one-battalion Militia unit in 1972 and remains in that status today.

Their regimental Pipers perform all over the world. If you get the chance go see it, it is AWESOME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Watch
    Last edited by hepcat; 08-29-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    misskitty had the link and the story up yesterday with her post...but it's not there anymore. Basically, the dog in an IKEA catalog spread looked like he had a, um, REALLY large male appendage. The IKEA spokesperson said it was the dog's leg, not his unit.

Two of the grandbabies are coming up this weekend can't wait, but that means I have to do some deep cleaning and it's been piling up since I'm a Big Brother Junkie..... bet no one could tell

Part of the decluttering for company is going through boxes of my mom's stuff--been putting it off--I just can't get up the umph to get rid of her stuff ....I am way too sentimental for my own good...

O.K. FORT I just need a good kick in the seat of my pants...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Two of the grandbabies are coming up this weekend can't wait, but that means I have to do some deep cleaning and it's been piling up since I'm a Big Brother Junkie..... bet no one could tell

Part of the decluttering for company is going through boxes of my mom's stuff--been putting it off--I just can't get up the umph to get rid of her stuff ....I am way too sentimental for my own good...

O.K. FORT I just need a good kick in the seat of my pants...
    Vonna, I hate clutter but I save family memorabilia. What are you talking about? Old Corelle plates? (Pitch) Family photos and negatives? (Save)

Maybe start 3 piles in the room you have with the most space:
    (1) to save (and then store those away in plastic bins or something in a spare closet)
    (2) throw away for the garbage pickup and
    (3) things to donate to the Salvation Army/Goodwill.

Vonna - have fun with the grandbabies! They grow up so fast. Enjoy!
    Do you have special plans for them or anything for the weekend?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Lois Lane
    My sister and I already divided up her nicest things and we also had the estate sale. We donated a truck load to a local charity. What's left for me to make decisions on is stuff I didn't want to part with, but really should....like Dad's old chrome flashlight, his oil can I used to oil my roller skates with and his thermos that he took to work everyday. Mom's little rock collections....see I'm so sentimental

I have already taken 4 small boxes of their stuff down to 1 1/2 boxes....

angelic The grandbabies are 7 mo and 2 years and not much to do in our small town...but the family will get together bbq and swim at our daughters (she has a large house with a game room, family room, huge kitchen,etc plenty room for everyone) and of course spoil the babies rotten Saturday....I thought maybe the kids could have a night out while Grandpa and Grandma watch the babies...that would be fun for everyone
    They live in San Diego-6 hours from us......we love going down there to visit....the weather and beach are fabulous.
    Last edited by Vonna; 08-29-2006 at 01:18 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread