+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am also a Catholic school girl, albeit a lifelong atheist, and I also get the guilts. I don't mind feeling guilty, though - I prefer the way I behave towards other people when I feel guilty than I would if I didn't. Guilt keeps me from slapping people, literally or otherwise.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3088770;
    I see nothing wrong with having a 20-year-old shirt I have a couple that are so worn that they are practically see-through, but they are comfortable. As for in or out of style, BAH! My style of Speedos and wife-beaters jeans and flannels is timeless.
    Nothing is wrong with a 20 year old shirt if you wear it! Mr. Doxie had a closet full of shirts that he either hasn't worn in years or has NEVER worn. I wanted to clear out the clutter. It's not like I made him give away his beloved Star-Trek t-shirt (although I would have liked to).

Unless there is a computer problem, Mr. Doxie is pretty non-handy when it comes to wiring or repairing things. He's making progress though! He hasn't cut an extension cord with his electric hedge trimmers in almost a year!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Oh no, no, no!!! I'm not the one feeling guilty, I am able to use the lessons learned from Catholic school to instill guilt in others!!! Didn't those nuns teach you guys anything??? Or, at least I try to instill guilt. I don't think guilt works on my husband much. But occasionally it does. Depends on how good I make it sound when I'm guilting him into something.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3089390;
    It's not like I made him give away his beloved Star-Trek t-shirt (although I would have liked to)
    I have to laugh at this because I have a new favorite Southern writer named Celia Rivenbark and now every time I hear Star-Trek mentioned I want to quote her: "Or as we say in the South: Star TRACK"

It's so true. I know I say track and always have and I certainly know others that say it too.

Sorry, off topic, but I couldn't help it.
    Last edited by MRD; 06-30-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, you and mr buglover would get along so well!! He's the king of guilt trips and he doesn't even realize he's doing it. Catholic school must have created you little monsters!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never minded other people feeling guilty. It's kind of fun to watch, actually.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3089490;
    I've never minded other people feeling guilty. It's kind of fun to watch, actually.
    Oh shay, of course you don't mind!

I always feel guilty about everything. I buy groceries and feel guilty my neighbors do not have money to get a steak, etc. I should learn to feel blessed and not guilty.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3089490;
    It is sometimes, depending on what they are feeling guilty about.

I used to have a lot of guilt, but then again, my parents were still alive back then. I have learned to let go a lot of guilt. But it has taken a LOT of effort and therapy. I still feel it, but not nearly as bad. My mother was a travel agent for guilt trips. Loved her dearly, but between the guilt and her control freak problem, it could make life a tad difficult.

Bug, you are right. Count your blessings instead of feeling guilt, it's much healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3089494;
    Oh shay, of course you don't mind!

I always feel guilty about everything. I buy groceries and feel guilty my neighbors do not have money to get a steak, etc. I should learn to feel blessed and not guilty.
    Because I Don't Do Guilt!!! See, it's circular logic!!

Guilt and jealousy are two perfectly good wastes of time and energy, if you ask me; I've got better things to do with my time on this earth. I prefer to live my life in a way that I don't have a need to feel guilty.

I'm sure I learned this as a small child from Dr. Seuss' Horton Hatches The Egg, one of my favorite books: 'I said what I meant and I meant what I said, an elephant's faithful one hundred percent.' (or maybe vice versa)

And, if I felt bad about the neighbors not being able to afford a steak (or whatever), I'd buy them a couple.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3089519;
    Because I Don't Do Guilt!!! See, it's circular logic!!

Guilt and jealousy are two perfectly good wastes of time and energy, if you ask me; I've got better things to do with my time on this earth. I prefer to live my life in a way that I don't have a need to feel guilty.

I'm sure I learned this as a small child from Dr. Seuss' Horton Hatches The Egg, one of my favorite books: 'I said what I meant and I meant what I said, an elephant's faithful one hundred percent.'
    Wow! What a great lesson. Very profound. And you're right a great way to live.

And you are so right about all those negative emotions.

I've been saying for years that like Smokey the Bear says: Only YOU can prevent guilt.

I have tried and tried and tried to teach my daughter that we sometimes have no control over what life hands us, but we do have control over how we react to that. And guilt, anger, jealousy, etc. are definetly things we can have control over in ourselves. And I think she's finally getting it.

One of my other favorite sayings is (and I say it frequently to myself), "The only difference between a good day and a bad day is YOUR attitude." It makes a difference for me.

+ Reply to Thread