+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3073702;
    "You have reached (real name) at (real phone number). I have no idea why anyone would want to talk to me, so leave a message and enlighten me."
    i love it! i'm changing my voice mail right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3083476;
    %^$#@*(&^%$#@!FESTIVAL season starts tonight. DAMN fireworks..... at10:15PM...
    Oooh, Summerfest! I loved the fireworks when I lived in M'waukee (not far from the Summerfest grounds). Over here, we get the Sea World fireworks in summer (at 9:50pm), and I love those, too.
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-27-2008 at 06:18 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Manny, thanks for the tips! I'm going to do curbside check-in!

MRD

I hate fireworks now because they absolutely terrify the dogs to the point where I worry Rosie will have a heart attack. We have to sedate them on July 4th. Bogie isn't quite as bad as Rosie is, but he gets scared too. Rosie is petrified, terrified and just generally crazy when the fireworks go off unless she has had a sedative.

So while I once loved fireworks, I now hate them because of what t hey do to my babies.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3084824;
    Oooh, Summerfest! I loved the fireworks when I lived in M'waukee (not far from the Summerfest grounds). Over here, we get the Sea World fireworks in summer (at 9:50pm), and I love those, too.
    Yep - of all the festivals at the lakefront - SUMMERFEST is the biggie. The one where George Carlin was arrested in 1972 for saying the 7 words you can't say on TV. I'm probably a mile from the grounds, but I need to keep the AC on and something else like the TV so the fireworks don't freak Joey out.

Let's see we have- Pridefest, Polishfest, summerfest, italianfest, mexican fiesta, african world festival, irishfest, Russianfest (thats not at the Summerfest grounds), germanfest, then we have Bastile Days (not at the grounds). I think I'm going to start a fat old man fest.
    Last edited by just1paul; 06-27-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3084887;
    Yep - of all the festivals at the lakefront - SUMMERFEST is the biggie. The one where George Carlin was arrested in 1972 for saying the 7 words you can't say on TV. . .
    I remember that! It was the summer before my freshman year of high school. That was a stupid reason for an arrest.

I remember, too, being able to see Al Jarreau for free at the Miller Jazz Oasis.

. . . Let's see we have- Pridefest, Polishfest, summerfest, italianfest, mexican fiesta, african world festival, irishfest, Russianfest (thats not at the Summerfest grounds), germanfest, then we have Bastile Days (not at the grounds). I think I'm going to start a fat old man fest.
    I used to work at the German and French Language Immersion School (before the programs had grown to where they needed a separate school for each language), so when our students performed, I worked at the festivals. Good times!

I don't miss the weather and mosquitoes, but I do miss festival season!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Yep - of all the festivals at the lakefront - SUMMERFEST is the biggie. The one where George Carlin was arrested in 1972 for saying the 7 words you can't say on TV. I'm probably a mile from the grounds, but I need to keep the AC on and something else like the TV so the fireworks don't freak Joey out.

Let's see we have- Pridefest, Polishfest, summerfest, italianfest, mexican fiesta, african world festival, irishfest, Russianfest (thats not at the Summerfest grounds), germanfest, then we have Bastile Days (not at the grounds). I think I'm going to start a fat old man fest.
    Wow, those sound like fun. If I went to all those festivals and ate all that wonderful festival food, they'd have to start fat old woman festival too!

Gabriel, you should start FortFest, but we have to bring all the animals, so no fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3085584;
    Wow, those sound like fun. If I went to all those festivals and ate all that wonderful festival food, they'd have to start fat old woman festival too!

Gabriel, you should start FortFest, but we have to bring all the animals, so no fireworks.
    No fireworks of course.

Of course I don't go, but I forgot the Wisconsin State fair, but I don't think they do fireworks and That's in West Allis, not down here on the eastside in Milwaukee, and the Italian thingee is actually called FESTA ITALIANA not Italian fest, I forgot Asian fest or whatever it's called, I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple more, but I don't go to any of them anyway. ETA: Lakefront festival of the Arts, Harley davidson Days, Native American whatever it's called...

For the 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd - we usually get anywhere from 500,000 to 750,000 people crammed at the lakefront, on boats, etc., Mona used to love watching the drunks staggering down the street and acting stupid.
    Heres a description of a few:
    The Big Bang Fireworks show will take place on the "Summerfest grounds on June 28.

Fourth of July Fireworks on Milwaukee's Lake Michigan lakefront. Crowds of people park and walk to the lakefront to watch this hour-long fireworks show The show is sponsored by U.S. Bank.

Polish Fest, June 22-24 at the Summerfest Grounds. Billed as "The World's Largest Polish Fest". The festival is a tribute to the Polish immigrants and culture. There will be food, music folk art and family activities.

Bastille Days, July 12-15: French street festival at Downtown's Cathedral Square. The charming Parisian festival has street performers, food, wine, arts, minstrels, artists, minstrels, parades, Storming of the Bastille and a 5 K run.

Festa Italiana at the Summerfest Grounds, Henry Maier Festival Park, July 19-22. Festa Italiana is a celebration of Italian food and culture with ten stages of entertainment and spectacular nightly fireworks. The Flag Throwers from San Gemini, Umbria will performing at the festival on the lakefront.

German Fest, at the Summerfest Grounds, Henry Maier Festival Park, July 27 -29: Ethnic celebration of the German culture with music food and entertainment.

Wisconsin State Fair at the fairgrounds in West Allis, August 2-12: Eleven day fair with 30 stages of entertainment, food, animals and agriculture.
    Last edited by just1paul; 06-28-2008 at 07:09 AM.

I have no animals and I would take lil Dux to all of them. I love festivals.The food, the entertainment, the artisans, the people. We love it all. We have festivals here every weekend of the summer too and the kiddo and I go to as many as possible (hubby is sleeping or working). It's fun and an education since I take very little time off during the summer as it's my busiest time of the year.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3085747;
    I have no animals and I would take lil Dux to all of them. I love festivals.The food, the entertainment, the artisans, the people. We love it all. We have festivals here every weekend of the summer too and the kiddo and I go to as many as possible (hubby is sleeping or working). It's fun and an education since I take very little time off during the summer as it's my busiest time of the year.
    I love festivals too. I'd go to all of them and then at the end of the summer, they'd need "fat fest" where they have to haul me around in a golf cart because I couldnt' walk after eating and drinking my way through the other festivals.
    Gabriel, I swear for each different ethnic festival you described, I could think of at least 2 foods that I wonder if they have and I'm sure they do.

I want to spend a summer in Milwaukee!!! (now how often do you hear THAT!?! )

We went to the Scottish festival and few weeks ago and it was SO hot and I mean, record heatwave, people keeling over hot, that I couldn't eat and there were a few things there I REALLY wanted. But I was so hot that I knew if I even tried to eat, it would NOT be pretty.

+ Reply to Thread