+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6190Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3081277;
    Ok, that makes sense. I recently tried guinea pig, and was wondering if they had similar tastes, or if this was another "tastes like chicken" situation. It must take a lot of squirrels to get stew meat!
    It definetly does not "taste like chicken".

And yes, it does take a few squirrels to make a pot of stew. But fortunately for those that eat it, there are a lot of squirrels available.
    The meat is dark too, more like beef.

I've found that things that have a lighter meat: rattlesnake, alligator, tend to get the "taste like chicken" designation, but the darker meats: deer, squirrel, bear, etc., have their own flavor and it's fairly "rich" or stronger tasting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My dad was a hunter and we had rabbit, squirrel, quail, and lots of other stuff - mostly in stews. I liked it all. Can't say as I remember eating possum, though. I'd like to try the fried coke once. Not my usual fare.
    Count your blessings!

Yeah, the fried coke sounds like a winner to the sickeningly sweet stuff I like! And just once!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My grandmother used to fry squirrel that my grandfather caught, and I loved it....but I was also under 6 years of age. Didn't care for the taste of rabbit at all. Really enjoyed the alligator that I've had. Deer, prepared properly, can be delicious!

My idea of a fun evening at the state fair was to munch my way around the midway, and then go home! Rides not necessary...but all of that junk food would be a sin to miss. It's that once/year thing. Never had fried Coke, but I'd try it, but it doesn't sound too yummy. I just love trying new things, which is how I came to fall, madly, in love with escargot!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fried twinkies!! OMG! They will make your stomach hurt but they taste soooo good!
    Yup, with donuts!!

My husband is a hunter, and I don't have a problem with that. I wouldn't want to do it, but I don't have a problem with others doing it. We eat what he hunts - I don't have a problem with that either. However, I told him that I won't eat what frolics in my front yard. So that leaves out squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, etc.

Geez...I just remembered having squirrel tails tied to the handlebars of my tricycle!! Don't ask me why my grandparents did that. One day, they'd be there....a couple of days later, they'd be gone!

Sounds pretty gross now that I think about it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well when we were kids we had rabbit feet all over the place! Now when I see one, I get grossed out thinking about the fact it came off an actual rabbit!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ooooo....and those rabbit claws that you could feel when you ran the paw through your hand......

Yup. Weird to think as kids we thought that was cool... live and learn!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread