+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6921Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut! I am so glad.

I'm happy to hear you are free and clear Gut.

I'm a little late to the conversation but when a telemarketer calls here I used to hand the phone to my daughter. Of course she is too cool to talk a stranger's ear off now (she's 8) but this one time my dad was over here and a telemarketer called, kiddo was about 4 and her fish had just died. I handed her the phone and she started jabbering away. I thought my dad was going to keel over from laughing so hard.
    That guy stayed on the phone hearing about my kiddo's fish for 6 minutes! LMAO I would have hung up.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Gutmutter, that's wonderful news. What a relief for you.

On the ironing front, I got a clothes steamer for Christmas. I love it! It's so much easier than ironing with a flat iron. No more accidental creases. I recommend it for anyone who hates to iron, and does it as badly as I do.

jf-j2_BIG.jpg

That's too funny Duxxy. I can't believe he stayed on the line listening. I'm so tired. My daughter had to hit the Victoria Secret bra sale (40 min. away) and she didn't get home from work until 7. Afterwards we went to eat at Outback - delicious - but then I had to drive home, tired, in the dark. Now she's off with friends to watch the old Spice Girl movie from when she was in grade school. hee.
    Count your blessings!

Glad to hear everything's ok, Gut!

That is wonderful news Gutmutter!

I remember my mom sprinking water on the clothes to be ironed and rolling them up. She even had a special watering cup with holes in the lid to use for this chore. I can't remember when the last time I actually had to iron something. Last summer, we underwent a major master bath-master closet renovation here and I was able to incorporate a small "utility" closet out of some extra space. I keep the vacuum, swiffers, iron and ironing board in it now. Here it is, almost a year later and I know for a fact that ironing board has not left that closet. My mom actually gave me a laundry basket full of clothes to be ironed.....last December! It is still sitting in my laundry room. I think I should probably get to it. I have no doubt that she even realizes that I have that basket full of their clothes here in my house.

My son used to love bugging the telemarketers when they would call here. One time he let a window replacement guy do his spiel and my son was asking all sorts of questions as to what type of glass they used, etc. He must have asked 50 questions about every facet of these replacement windows. We figured the guy was probably sorry he called here.

A friend told me that the easiest way to get off the replacement window/vinyl siding lists is when asked if you rent or own, to just say that you rent. Bingo! They don't want to talk to a renter.

Goodie for you, gutmutter!
    I don't do anything elaborate when i get a callfrom a number i don't recognize. I just pick the phone up and hang up on it. Luckily it doesn't happen so muchbecause of the DNC list.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3076852;
    Good news! My MRI results are finally back and everything's ok! Thanks to those who were keeping me in their prayers!
    GREAT news Gut! I have been so worried. I bet you are really relieved!

Today is my lecture on Southern Cooking. I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gut, I'm glad your results came back with nothing to worry about.

myrosie, good luck on your lecture. I can't wait to hear all about it.

MRD

It went great! I don't know why I was so nervous and I was approached afterwards by 2 people asking if I would come speak to their groups, so that's always a good sign.

I got asked a lot of fun and provoking questions and my boss even suggested I expand this and include recipes and get it published.

There was a nice size crowd and I got the laughs I was looking for in the RIGHT places.

But my power point had people asking me if they could come to my house for supper.

So I think it was a success and there was even a reporter there covering it, which I was not told beforehand (thank goodness or I would have been even more nervous) about so if it comes out in the paper, I'll let everyone know.

I myself had a blast.

So thanks. I hate to toot my own horn, but it went a lot better than I was expecting. I've also been asked by the museum to get going on the language one for Sept.
    So if I got asked back and I got asked to speak to 2 other groups, that's a good sign right?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread