+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5843Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Never heard of the frozen shirts, but you can still get melba toast. Besides jello and broth you could have popsicles, so since I had just gotten Edie's all fruit lemonade popsicles that's what I had with my "drink" to get the nasty taste out of my mouth. I also had some chocolate mint candy canes I had given Dan for Christmas and I found unopened in his room. I figured if you could have soda and jello, sucking on flavored sugar was ok.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3075401;
    Never heard of the frozen shirts, but you can still get melba toast. Besides jello and broth you could have popsicles, so since I had just gotten Edie's all fruit lemonade popsicles that's what I had with my "drink" to get the nasty taste out of my mouth. I also had some chocolate mint candy canes I had given Dan for Christmas and I found unopened in his room. I figured if you could have soda and jello, sucking on flavored sugar was ok.
    I love those chocolate mint candy canes.

I googled the frigerator shirts and the cold "sets" the starch better. Back when people used liquid starch.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3075351;
    Here's a cool idea for anyone with difficult veins. After having 4 veins blown for an MRI on Weds. I was worried about the C.oscopy yesterday . . .
    I'm not sure that you understood the procedure--they weren't going to stick that big old tube up your veins

Do any of you remember your mom putting a bag of wet laundry in the "icebox" overnight? My mom used to iron my dad's dress shirts (ONLY white dress shirts back then. ) and she said that you had to wash them, starch them and put them wet in the refrigerator over night so that you could get a better crease the next day when you ironed them. I can remember being threatened within an inch of my life if I spilled anything on those shirts.
    Anyway, it was something about the starch in the cold refrigerator overnight that made it really work better or something.
    My mom would sprinkle shirts with water, and then roll them up. I don't recall her icing them down.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I was taught to sprinkle, roll up the whole laudry basket of ironing things, and then iron them. There wouldn't have been room in the freezer.

Yup, that's what my mom did, Famita. Sprinkle the shirts so they were just a little camp, roll them up, put them in a plastic bag, and then put them in the refrigerator. Then we'd iron them after they were in the fridge for a little while. Boy, I haven't thought about that for a long, long time!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3075608;
    Yup, that's what my mom did, Famita. Sprinkle the shirts so they were just a little camp, roll them up, put them in a plastic bag, and then put them in the refrigerator. Then we'd iron them after they were in the fridge for a little while. Boy, I haven't thought about that for a long, long time!
    So is it a question of the more water you put on the shirts, the more camp they become?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3076243;
    So is it a question of the more water you put on the shirts, the more camp they become?
    Maybe that's where the camp shirt came from?

BTW, the laundry doesn't go in the freezer, you don't want then frozen. They go in the fridge as the starch works better after its been cold for some reason.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oops, looks like I need to proofread before I hit that "post" button!

Incidentally, I NEVER iron camp shirts. I think it causes them to lose their campiness!

Good news! My MRI results are finally back and everything's ok! Thanks to those who were keeping me in their prayers!
    Count your blessings!

That's fantastic Gut!!

+ Reply to Thread