+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by famita2;3070204;
    I've also heard that you are knocked out for it. My officemate hated the 24 hours before, but she was so excited to be able to eat when she wanted to eat afterward, she said it was worth it!
    Well the one I had in Dec., they had a hard time with my IV, so I didn't get knocked out right away, they had to keep giving me MORE demoral. I woke up twice during the endoscopy and they gave me MORE demoral. I remember waking up, I remember the IV trouble, but I do NOT remember getting dressed, leaving the hospital or eating and then apparantly I slept for 4 hours when I got home. Yes, THEN I was able to sleep. But by that time I had had so much demoral, I didn't remember anything that came after the colonoscopy.
    My husband said that I about drove him crazy from the moment I got back to my "cubicle" to get dressed by complaining about getting something to eat and apparantly I complained in the car until he stopped to get me food. I remember NONE of that.

The first one I had, I asked when they were going to get started and was told it was over with, so apparantly they had NO trouble knocking me out for that one. I really think that my IV was not in properly for the 2nd one.

And Newf, I like you have been told that I'm full of it, so I figured I'd lose at least that much weight and was also surprised when I didn't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3062457;
    I could live on Chick-fil-a nuggets with honey mustard sauce.
    papa johns' chicken strips with honey mustard sauce is to DIE FOR.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3070800;
    papa johns' chicken strips with honey mustard sauce is to DIE FOR.
    Papa John's, the pizza place? I didn't know they had chicken strips...I love their pizza, though.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Me and you, both! I reserve them strictly for their thin crust pizzas! Barbecue chicken and bacon! Works!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3070157;
    The colonoscopy isn't bad. I've had 2. They knock you out for the procedure.
    I've had 4 and never been knocked out yet. On the first one I ever had they even broke my big toe. I'm 6'3" and my feet were hanging off the end of the table. They got my foot caught between the table and the machine and broke my toe!

Yowza! I've heard a lot of horror stories about colonoscopies but a broken toe takes the cake! I decided eating everything I wanted today would give me something to work with tomorrow. I stayed away from anything with nuts or seeds per the doctor's orders. Now I have jello and chicken broth to look forward to tomorrow along with my special elixer. I have two good books from the library. I like the idea of candles. People are always giving me scented ones and I never use them. I think I just got two new ones for my birthday. I think they plan to knock me out. I'm worried about them finding a vein. I have 4 holes from my MRI on Wednesday and the one they used is swollen and bruised.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3066587;
    Thought I'd share this with anyone who may have a daughter who's at the age of the onset of puberty. A friend of mine got this to help her have "the talk" with her 9 year old daughter, and says it made a difficult day much easier, and really opened up communication channels. My First Period Kit & DVD: Help for Parents of Pre-teen Girls

Parenthood can be a trip!!
    I believe my mom's exact words to me in the 5th grade were, "this means you can get pregnant and have a baby, but if you do, I am going to kill you." That's right up with my dad's "30 Rule" ie- no marriage or kids before you're 30. My sister is planning on breaking this rule as she is getting married 8 months before she's 30.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3071037;
    Yowza! I've heard a lot of horror stories about colonoscopies but a broken toe takes the cake! I decided eating everything I wanted today would give me something to work with tomorrow. I stayed away from anything with nuts or seeds per the doctor's orders. Now I have jello and chicken broth to look forward to tomorrow along with my special elixer. I have two good books from the library. I like the idea of candles. People are always giving me scented ones and I never use them. I think I just got two new ones for my birthday. I think they plan to knock me out. I'm worried about them finding a vein. I have 4 holes from my MRI on Wednesday and the one they used is swollen and bruised.
    Just know that if they reccommended the special elixer named "Go Litely", it is misnamed. Oh, it is misnamed. It is probably the MOST misnamed product in the ENTIRE world.

Wishing you the best of luck and that they find a good vein on the first try, that you are knocked out and come home with no broken toes. (Ouch Unk, I think I'd tell them next time it's knock me out or not do it)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've made a whole list of things to do that will keep me hovering near the bathroom... hang up clothes, clear off the kitchen table, pay bills, do laundry, clean out the fridge, magazines I haven't read in this ridiculously busy last month or so, break down the mountain of boxes Dan left behind. Plus my books and computer.
    When my sister and I turned adolescent my mom put a copy of Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex (but were afraid to ask) in our room. Didn't even hand it to us. We learned a lot from that book. Also from our 6th grade teacher who decided we needed sex education. Boys during girls' gym, Girls during boys' gym. I think they only kept her that one year. She would answer any question no matter how embarrasing. I learned lots about the number before 70 that year.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3071412;
    I learned lots about the number before 70 that year.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but it took me a tiny bit of time to understand exactly what you meant by this!!

And, Unk, Mr. Manly Man...did you tell them that you didn't want to be knocked out for your procedure??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread