+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You're a better woman than I am, Gut. I would have written him a Thank You For Leaving Card and listed all his faults.

Hope the MRI results are o.k.

Didn't hear the MRI results today which means I won't hear anything until at least Monday (when I have my first ever colonoscopy - blech). On a brighter note, I did give a little "Yeehaw!" when I got home from dropping Dan off. Both my kids were at work and I had the whole house to myself for the first time in a year. I worked on my mask, then went to class and had a blast finishing up the ones in various stages there. We were allowed to go home early if we had work to do on the mask we're doing outside of class. I had the final details (red fake nails to glue on in a design) to do on the felted hair mask and that took longer than expected. But now I'm all done with everything and tomorrow is just show and tell. Before I left I laid out all the masks I had made there on one table and it was fun to see all the different techniques and styles. I'm taking a camera tomorrow and will post them here when I get back... profile and avatar since I'm still clueless about the more complicated way.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter: I hope your MRI brings positive results when you get it next week. And YEE HAW, WOO HOO, and Meowza, that Dan has left your humble and gracious abode!! I'll certainly join the party! Looking forward to seeing your masks!!

I had my usual IVG yesterday and it went good; just had to put a warm blanket on my arm because it was causing the machine to go off all the time. It was in an awkward place in my left wrist by a bone. Meowch!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3068802;
    I'm going to quote from his thank you card: "You're really awesome mom even though you didn't cook me the dinner everyday." Uh, no comment since I can't swear here.

That is too funny! So basically he got to experience dinner in America. At least something got through to him.
    I am going to miss the Dan stories.

So, Gutmutter, I know you"re looking forward to your next exchange student? How long to you have to wait before you can get one?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

ha ha queenb... as we used to say growing up - "Attempted joke".
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3069802;
    Didn't hear the MRI results today which means I won't hear anything until at least Monday (when I have my first ever colonoscopy - blech). On a brighter note, I did give a little "Yeehaw!" when I got home from dropping Dan off. Both my kids were at work and I had the whole house to myself for the first time in a year. I worked on my mask, then went to class and had a blast finishing up the ones in various stages there. We were allowed to go home early if we had work to do on the mask we're doing outside of class. I had the final details (red fake nails to glue on in a design) to do on the felted hair mask and that took longer than expected. But now I'm all done with everything and tomorrow is just show and tell. Before I left I laid out all the masks I had made there on one table and it was fun to see all the different techniques and styles. I'm taking a camera tomorrow and will post them here when I get back... profile and avatar since I'm still clueless about the more complicated way.
    The colonoscopy isn't bad. I've had 2. They knock you out for the procedure. It's the 24 hours leading up to it that is pure hell. Sorry to let you in on that secret. But here is some advice to make it a bit more comfortable.

Get some aloe containing wet wipes for use in the bathroom (um, things can get irritated quickly, so you want something gentle on your bottom). Put candles in the bathroom, get a really good, long book and keep it in the bathroom.
    You will be spending a lot of time in the bathroom, so make it as pleasant as you can. Maybe even some soft music playing in there.

And enjoy your yellow jello and chicken broth!

But on a positive note, just think of this as a very good colon cleasing that will get out all the bad yukkies and make you feel better. And a day of fasting as well. You will probably even lose a couple pounds.

Good luck. It will be over before you know it. And it's perfectly acceptable to stop off after the procecure and pig out somewhere.

Both times I've had it done, they also did the upper endoscopy as well. The last one, I woke up when they pulled the tube out of my throat, not pleasant at all, so at least you aren't having that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I haven't had a full colonoscopy, but the sigmoidoscopy prep is the same. MRD is right about losing a couple of pounds. I'm so full of **it (or so I've been told) I thought that I'd lose 163 pounds, but the actual amount was somewhat less.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I've also heard that you are knocked out for it. My officemate hated the 24 hours before, but she was so excited to be able to eat when she wanted to eat afterward, she said it was worth it!

yes. the procedure itself isn't even memorable.
    but I can never, ever drink gatorade again.

+ Reply to Thread