+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6946Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thought I'd share this with anyone who may have a daughter who's at the age of the onset of puberty. A friend of mine got this to help her have "the talk" with her 9 year old daughter, and says it made a difficult day much easier, and really opened up communication channels. My First Period Kit & DVD: Help for Parents of Pre-teen Girls

I remember when my son was in about grade 4-5, I got this video from Blockbuster called "What is Happening To Me?" that was in cartoon form and explained the facts of life. It was in the community videos section, and it was a free rental (or checkout) for multiple days. I watched it by myself at first, and it was excellent in the way that the info was presented; had my former husband come over and watch it, too, so that he'd know what was going on. Didn't serve popcorn! Sat with my son while he watched it the first time; you could have heard a pin drop on that wall-to-wall carpet! I made a copy of the video, and left it where he could find it to watch as much as he thought he needed to. We talked about somethings every now and then, but I was the only one bringing up the subjects, that I know of. I remember having a back and forth dialog with my mother about where babies come from. My son was a "man of few words," with his mom.

Parenthood can be a trip!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It took them 4 tries to get an IV in. I hate the whole radioactive dye stuff. I can taste it in my mouth just seconds after they inject it. yech. The MRI part doesn't bother me. No results today. Hopefully I'll know something tomorrow so I don't have to worry the whole weekend. Dan goes tomorrow morning.
    Count your blessings!

I bet the goodbyes are going to be heartbreaking Gut!

If you need us to get you through his leaving, we will be here for you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm glad the MRI is over for you, Gut. Here's hoping for a good report.

Gee, bet you'll miss Dan, huh?

Don't cry too much when he leaves.

Are we all a sarcastic bunch or what?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Geez...I had totally forgotten about our buddy, Dan. Did things get any better?

Tough morning today. Having hard times trying to watch both Boyz II Men and Chicago on separate channels, and didn't have enough sense to set the DVR for either one of them! Unfortunately, Rihanna is not even on the radar when you have these two masterful groups performing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3067804;
    If you need us to get you through his leaving, we will be here for you.
    You can count on me as well. I know the parting will be such sad sorrow!!

I agree with Gabriel, we are sarcastic.

I believe I would have a hard time NOT saying: "And don't let the screen door hit you in the a**"

Hope the MRI results are good ones.

I hate IV's too. I am a hard stick and they can never get one the first time and I agree, I've had a couple MRI's in my life and it's weird that you can taste that dye in your mouth.

I used to have to get IV's for another condition I had and the medicine used to make me smell celery once they had injected it. Weird huh?

Sending you good thoughts for good results on the MRI.

So what time should all of us FORTERS be over tonight for the "yeah! Dan is gone party" ????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gut, I guess I thought he left already. You might miss the way you were upset several times over the past year. You might miss the food that he inhaled, or him not helping you due to his entitlement as a male. You might miss several things that he made you think over the past year. No, ...... who am I kidding? I'll be over for the party. I'll bring the roasted pig!

I'm going to quote from his thank you card: "You're really awesome mom even though you didn't cook me the dinner everyday." Uh, no comment since I can't swear here.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread