+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5889Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3061101;
    How can you not like Chick-fil-a? I love that place. They have a new grilled chicken with fruit salad that is fantastic. The berry balsamic vinaigrette dressing is out of this world.

I'm not a fan of any fast food and the chick-fil-a we get at the museum is their standard box lunch: sandwich, slaw, chips and brownie. Since I am not supposed to be eating ANY of that anyway, it's hard for me. If I got to pick a salad, it might be different.

But I don't get the Chick-fil-a craze here. Chick-fil-a is HUGE here.
    But I'll eat it, I just may not enjoy it. And I have to deconstruct the sandwich as I don't eat much bread.

But I have never been a fast food fan. There are a few fast food places (Arby's, Wendy's, Sonic)where I will eat in a pinch, but I'd rather have sit down restaurant meal any day.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

How can you not like Chick-fil-a? I love that place. They have a new grilled chicken with fruit salad that is fantastic. The berry balsamic vinaigrette dressing is out of this world.

That looks delicious.

I love Chick-fil-a, but there are only a couple of them here and they aren't close so I don't get to eat there often.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I could live on Chick-fil-a nuggets with honey mustard sauce.

Unk, I didn't know they had that salad on their menu. I'll have to try it out, it looks delicious.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Wow - lots of car accidents lately - sorry I haven't been keeping up on my reading. How is everyone doing?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My arm is multicolored, a little swollen, and still painful, but improving! I still can't buckle my stupid seatbelt, though.

So, over all, I'm good!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Glad to hear you are improving Shay.

Hubby is still a tad sore, but not much. No permanent damage and he sent a registered letter to the idiot that hit him today with the estimate for the body damage to his truck. I doubt we see any money, but the registered letter is the first step and then maybe a suit in small claims court.
    We're also waiting to hear what our insurance is going to do. That's the worst of it, dealing with the insurance and body shop.

On another note, camp was fabulous, we all had a great time. I'll have to post a couple pictures later.
    I found out that it was a good thing I was never in the military because the kids picked up drilling and marching rather quickly, while I was more like the guys in "Stripes" and turning the wrong way, not in step, not stopping on time when "halt" was called.
    I can apparantly salute well though. (and give orders. I should have been a general)
    We also had one kid that knew everything, had seen everything, had done everything, had been everywhere and so had his dad. There's always one, but believe it or not by the end of the day he ended up being my favorite. He was so eager and was by far the most enthusiastic. And I quickly became his favorite too as he couldn't eat the brownie dessert that came with lunch because of a nut allergy, so I bought him a nut free candy bar out of the vending machine and he thought I was wonderful after that. (he was bumming that he couldn't have dessert although some of the other kids gave him their chips so he could have extra because he couldnt' eat the brownie)

I miss the days when I could buy someone's (my own child's) affection with a candy bar.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3061076;
    I met someone that had written a screenplay about Pegasus Bridge and Stephen Ambrose was trying to help them get it to a major motion picture studio when he died. The person that told me the story said that Ambrose had tried to get other WWII movies made and was told that no one was interested in that war anymore and then Saving Private Ryan came out and suddenly WWII was hot again for the movie studios. And as a result, Ambrose became more famous because of his books and the Band of Brothers series based on his books that HBO produced.

Well at least they aren't serving us Army food today, but it will be close. They have a contract with Chick-fil-a so that will be lunch. As I hate Chick-fil-a, I think I'd rather eat an MRE.
    Oh wow, that's really neat-- and funny you mention it, I just picked up the Band of Brothers miniseries on DVD after reading the book last month. It's so well done. I'm glad the camp went well! It sounds really cool, and I'm glad for your sake that the kid who was in-the-know was enthusiastic and interested, rather than, well, the alternative.

How can you not like Chick-fil-a?
    Mr. Doxie fell in love with Chick-Fil-A about ten minutes after he moved here from California. Our friends know how much he loves that place and always get him the calendar/gift certificate things for Christmas. We also make a point of getting breakfast biscuits for his family when they visit us. I don't mind eating there (love the lemonade and now want to try that salad!) but I'm not as crazy about it as he is.

MRD: Sounds like you are a happy camper! I'm glad you had fun and I'm sure those kids had a blast.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3061113;
    I'm not a fan of any fast food . . .
    Me neither! I haven't eaten at (or from) any fast-food place since May 2000. Gotta say -- don't miss it!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Today's the day for my MRI. (The nurse practcioner thought she felt something but wasn't sure with all the scar tissue). I won't find out the results today, but I'd welcome any prayers offered. I"m trying not to worry too much. I had a clean mammogram in Dec.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread