+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Shay, I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing makes bruises go away faster.

My husband was in an accident on Saturday. He was stopped at a stop sign and got rear ended so hard it pushed his truck into the intersection. Fortuantely nothing was coming that couldn't swerve around him. But he's sore too. And the idiot had no insurance and begged my husband not to call the cops, but as it did a lot of damage to the back of my husband's truck, he did call the cops. The kid was about 20 and got a ticket and now we are left to deal with our insurance company because this idiot had no insurance.

Superbrat, I love heart of palm. But in Florida, we don't eat it just in salads, we used to get it fresh and cook it and we called it "swamp cabbage". The tree is the Sabal Palm, but it's also called the Cabbage palm. The only bad thing is that the entire tree is destroyed to get to the tender "heart" which is super small. It's a shame that they take down a whole huge tree to get enough to maybe put in 2-3 cans.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm so sorry to hear about the car accidents that have happened recently. I was rear-ended about two years ago, and the only thing that helped with the bruising/ soreness was to not sit still for too long. I had to get up and walk around about once an hour so I didn't get too stiff.

MRD

Well I report for duty tomorrow for Camp Upcountry. The museum's day camp. We are doing a military type theme and going from the Revolutionary War to WWII. I spent today making military style "ribbons" to be awarded at the end of the day and "honorable discharge" certificates.
    We are wearing army green type pants and gray shirts with Camp Upcountry on them and military hats. I have my husband's Army field cap and it has our last name on the back, so that's kind of cool.

One of our activities is that they have to make Revolutionary War battle flags and a drum and then we will give them wooden toy rifles and teach them to drill. Should be fun. I don't know how to drill. We will do a segment on first aid in WW One, food in the Civil War, etc. We are also going to make candles and tin lanterns like would have been used in the Rev. war and Civil war when the soldiers were at camp. We're also making butter and designing WWII war posters (like Uncle Sam's: I want You)

I have been awarded the position of "Staff Sargeant".

So tomorrow night I will be exhausted, but hopefully report on a successful day at camp.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Hey, do the restaurants in your states already have the tip included in the bill?
    Me and my confidante encountered that in Manhattan.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3060261;
    Hey, do the restaurants in your states already have the tip included in the bill?
    For parties of 6 or more, they usually add 18% here in Illinois. However, a friend and his girlfriend went to dinner--just the two of them--and found that their bill automatically included 18% gratuity...for just their two-top! The funny thing is, both had been service industry workers and usually would've tipped 25% or more. They talked to the manager, who wasn't very helpful. So they paid their bill and never returned to the restaurant. I haven't encountered it myself unless the group was 6 or more people.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Applebee's, automatically, includes gratuities after 10 p.m., I think. They have a small sign posted when you first walk in that is easy to miss. I'm sure people are hoping that you don't notice and tip in addition to that added gratuity. Shouldn't servers be required to tell you if the gratuity has already been included?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3060261;
    Aside from parties of six or more, I haven't actually encountered this yet, but I did read somewhere that more and more Manhattan restaurants are starting to do this.

In fact, perhaps it was here. They do a better job explaining the rationale

MRD, that camp sounds so cool (I've been on a big Stephen Ambrose binge lately)! That sounds like a fun place to work, even if it will be tiring!
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 06-16-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

You're right about Applebees because that's one of the places we went to.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3060491;
    Aside from parties of six or more, I haven't actually encountered this yet, but I did read somewhere that more and more Manhattan restaurants are starting to do this.

In fact, perhaps it was here. They do a better job explaining the rationale

MRD, that camp sounds so cool (I've been on a big Stephen Ambrose binge lately)! That sounds like a fun place to work, even if it will be tiring!
    I met someone that had written a screenplay about Pegasus Bridge and Stephen Ambrose was trying to help them get it to a major motion picture studio when he died. The person that told me the story said that Ambrose had tried to get other WWII movies made and was told that no one was interested in that war anymore and then Saving Private Ryan came out and suddenly WWII was hot again for the movie studios. And as a result, Ambrose became more famous because of his books and the Band of Brothers series based on his books that HBO produced.

Well at least they aren't serving us Army food today, but it will be close. They have a contract with Chick-fil-a so that will be lunch. As I hate Chick-fil-a, I think I'd rather eat an MRE.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3061076;
    As I hate Chick-fil-a, I think I'd rather eat an MRE.
    How can you not like Chick-fil-a? I love that place. They have a new grilled chicken with fruit salad that is fantastic. The berry balsamic vinaigrette dressing is out of this world.

+ Reply to Thread