+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD, I hope you did put the Chamber's Brothers "Time has Come Today" on that CD-- so very 60's, and so far ahead of its time!
    Born To Be Wild?
    Sunshine Of your Love?
    Piece Of My Heart?

Tell us what's on there, as you know all us old folks will be in disagreement, or think you left something out !
    Last edited by queenb; 06-14-2008 at 07:36 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

fyi for anyone that is into music, you can look at the top 100 songs of any year going back to 1950 ... here's the list for 1968.

http://www.musicoutfitters.com/topsongs/1968.htm

to find other years, just change the year in the URL to the year you're interested in. i love these pages because when i'm in the mood to search for music from a certain period of my life, these lists help me remember what was on the radio back then.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3056784;
    MRD, I hope you did put the Chamber's Brothers "Time has Come Today" on that CD-- so very 60's, and so far ahead of its time!
    Born To Be Wild?
    Sunshine Of your Love?
    Piece Of My Heart?

Tell us what's on there, as you know all us old folks will be in disagreement, or think you left something out !
    Queenb, are you psychic? All those songs are on there. Seriously!

Here is what I picked. I tried to mix it up a bit and get some rock, pop, r&b, etc. I was specifically asked to included Hey Jude and Dock of the Bay and I personally HAD to include Jumpin' Jack Flash being the Stones fan that I am.
    And I figured Revolution was pretty indicative of the times.

Hey Jude – The Beatles
    Mrs. Robinson-Simon and Garfunkel
    Sunshine of Your Love-Cream
    Love is All Around-The Troggs
    Midnight Confessions-The Grass Roots
    Fire-Crazy World of Arthur Brown
    Jumpin’ Jack Flash-The Rolling Stones
    Ain’t Nothin’ Like the Real Thing-Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel
    I’m a Girl Watcher-O’Kaysions
    Time Has Come Today-The Chambers Brothers
    Piece of My Heart-Big Brother and the Holding Company
    People Got to Be Free- The Rascals
    Hello, I Love You-The Doors
    Dance to the Music-Sly and the Family Stone
    Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay-Otis Redding
    Magic Carpet Ride-Steppenwolf
    Revolution-The Beatles
    Born to be Wild-Steppenwolf

Lois, I have a tie-dye t-shirt with the Rolling Stones logo on it and my boot cut jeans are fairly bell bottomed and I have the PERFECT retro sandals as well. So, yeah, I could fit in pretty well already having those kinds of clothes.
    Hubby wants to wear a shirt that will probably appropriate for the times, I don't think is appropriate for the museum. (It has Bob Marley on it doing what Bob Marley did best besides singing . )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well.....it was a serious part of the times.....May as well include it and not pretend that it didn't happen!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You have got to include one of these 2 classics from CSN&Y which are very clearly indicative of the times:
    Ohio
    Teach your children

Unk...I think those are a little too new--I know the Kent State tragedy didn't happen until 1970, and I think "Teach your Children" was on "Deja Vu" which was a 70's release as well . But I do like CSNY...mostly Neil Young in my case, but they are good as a group also.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3057698;
    You have got to include one of these 2 classics from CSN&Y which are very clearly indicative of the times:
    Ohio
    Teach your children
    They weren't released until after 1968. The series the museum is doing is focused on the year 1968 so we had to use songs from that year.

But yeah, those are GREAT songs that really evoke the times.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm so happy! The Costco by me FINALLY got jars of heart of plam back in! I've been waiting a year for them

Also, I miss tomatoes ;_; even though the ones I eat are on the safe list "ie- cherry, grape, and still on the vine. Seriously, if I had a choice, I'd pick the ones on the vines any day. They taste better and the smell is omg YUM. The scent of tomatoe plants is my favorite scent ever.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was in a little car accident last weekend (7+ days ago), and got bruised up pretty good on my right arm, from shoulder to wrist. I am tired of being bruised and swollen, so I went out and purchased some Arnica Gel (topical); it's supposed to help relieve the swelling, pain, and discoloration. Does anybody have any experience with dealing with bruising? It's already past the ice stage, obviously. Heat applications seem to offer some relief. I'm also taking ibuprofen about 800 mg/day. Somebody? Anybody?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Awww shay I'm sorry you got hurt. I usually do whatever makes it feel better once it's past the swelling stage. Ice never makes it feel better and heat does but I know it will bring the blood to the surface which may make the bruise darker.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread