+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 2500 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889909192939495969798991391895891089 ... LastLast
Like Tree6757Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I got 84 with a 34 MOE. Why can't I pick the states I want to start with???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I got 90%. It's really hard in the beginning when there's nothing to go by.

On the state capitals, I missed 2, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    My finger twitched on the mouse and I dropped Oklahoma .

Glad I'm not in Oklahoma!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm not going to take the test because I know I won't get very many correct and it will be very embarassing for me.
    -----------

I got to attend our 25th annual Fringe Festival yesterday! It was great. We didn't have time to see many of the 161 plays but caught some funny magicians and interestesting vendors. Has anyone else "fringed"?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I'm not going to take the test because I know I won't get very many correct and it will be very embarassing for me.
    -----------

I got to attend our 25th annual Fringe Festival yesterday! It was great. We didn't have time to see many of the 161 plays but caught some funny magicians and interestesting vendors. Has anyone else "fringed"?

Never, Misskitty. Tell me more about a Fringe Festival and how I can get "fringed"
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    got 78% with a 33 mile error. missed some in the new england area by a bit....and of course the first one by a good mile...

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Never, Misskitty. Tell me more about a Fringe Festival and how I can get "fringed"
    You don't get fringed. You just "fringe" with others. It's 10 days of fabulous to absolutely horrible plays and performances. Call it experimental and non-traditional theatre. Nothing is guaranteed. Some of the plays are indoors, some outdoors and they're the travelling buskers who come with their own stuff. Loads of audience participation. The plays get chosen randomly so it's a totally eclectic mix. It's a little theatre city within a city.

Fringing is all about hit and miss. Reading up on what's been reviewed, taking your chances, meeting a ton of strange strangers, and enjoying buskers, musicians, artists, food, onion cakes, while waiting in line or wandering around trying to decide what to do. Like getting tattooed or your hair woven. It's very funky. It's an experience unto itself.

The North American Fringe circuit began with the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival, which is now second only to Edinburgh in size. Woo Hoo!

See: http://www.fringetheatreadventures.c...l/content/C29/
    Also : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fringe_theatre

Wow misskitty, Sounds something like an independant film festival.....only theatrical productions....must be great fun!
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Attachment 18095Attachment 18096Attachment 18097Attachment 18098Attachment 18099
    I also went down to the Dragon Boat Festival- our 25th anniversary. It was moved up river to where my neighborhood ravine comes out so I could walk down it. There were 58 teams of 22 people each competing. They built a new boat launch and had food, crafts, a beer tent, and 3 days of gruelling races. I've never sat in a dragon boat. Only a small canoe. Has anyone else paddled a dragonboat or watched a race? It's pretty cool with the drummers drumming on each boat!
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-17-2006 at 01:16 PM.

It looks interesting.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the Renescence Festivel by myself today. It's Scottish weekend and I want to go but can't find anyone to go with me. On the other hand, I'm still exhausted over this long standing cold and I have a ton of housework to do. A friend told me she could go over Labor Day weekend, but all the big husky men in kilts with bagpipes will be gone.

Decisions Decisions.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread