+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't think I could pick out a young cow knowing what's going to happen to it.

This place apparantly has their own source of meat. I just want the nicely wrapped packages for my freezer. I don't want to think about what it was before it was wrapped in butcher paper.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they didn't go up and introduce themselves and have fellowship with the animal. Well, I guess they fellowshipped with the animal when they cooked it....just like most meat lovers do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3052722;
    I'm pretty sure they didn't go up and introduce themselves and have fellowship with the animal. Well, I guess they fellowshipped with the animal when they cooked it....just like most meat lovers do.

I don't even want to SEE the animal before. Just let me have my illusions that meat mysteriously appears all neat and packaged.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

MRD, what a nice treat! It sounds like you have been very nice to this man, and he reciprocated. What a concept, huh? I'm sure that 1/4 of the cake was all worth it to him, too! (Wait, that made it sound like that's all you've done for him...you know what I mean...and how I value your cooking!)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3052082;
    I bought an old, old Oster stand mixer a few months ago from a friends yard sale and it died the 2nd time I used it and I couldn't get it fixed, I was so disappointed, but now I have a kitchen aid. I am SO happy! It's made my whole month!
    OK, not to cause trouble here but I wonder if your friend sold this knowing that it was on its last legs. I don't know--if you bought something from my garage sale and it broke, I'd insist on giving you your money back. I know it's "buyer beware" at sales like that, but you're a friend!

Duxxy, just saw your post!!! That's fantastic that they found your car! I hope it's OK!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 06-12-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I do understand what you mean. I had the unfortunate opportunity to go into a meat packing house years ago. That put a serious end to me eating beef for about 6 months, and I still have to not think about the sights/smells that I experienced, to this day. I've also dealt with/visited morgues. The experiences are not dissimilar. Probably has a lot to do with why I'm not a big meat fanatic to this day.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3052733;
    I had the unfortunate opportunity to go into a meat packing house years ago. That put a serious end to me eating beef for about 6 months, and I still have to not think about the sights/smells that I experienced, to this day.

I don't envy you there. I've never been inside a meat house, but I read Fast Food Nation a few years ago, and even the descriptions in that book made me think twice before touching a hamburger. I've had to try and separate what I read from what I'm eating, which gets easier as time passes, but I could definitely see how that would cure you of your need to eat meat, based on what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3052728;
    . . . if you bought something from my garage sale and it broke, I'd insist on giving you your money back.
    I'm glad that you feel that way--the 5/39" philsner grommet wrench that you sold me fell apart the first time that I tried to use it

PM me and I'll tell you where to send my $649 refund.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf you always make me laugh.

I've watched some PETA videos about beef and how it comes to the grocery store and I too stopped eating beef for a while. Then I saw the chicken one........ at this rate, I could become a vegetarian...... NOT!
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3052813;
    I'm glad that you feel that way--the 5/39" philsner grommet wrench that you sold me fell apart the first time that I tried to use it
    Hey, if I sold it to you, I would! The only crap I've ever sold at a garage sale was all priced at $1 or under (books mostly--and hey, if that book didn't work.. )

I had issues with meat after reading Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" in high school. I think I didn't eat meat for about a year! But I'm over it now. Thank goodness for a waning memory...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

for mrd getting the KA...I've always wanted the lime green one and I don't even cook that much! I just like the color!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread