+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6942Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Congratulations on your new Kitchen Aid, MRD!! Isn't it the best piece of kitchen equipment?? I absolutely love mine, and use it quite often as well. That was such a wonderful gesture on his part...

MRD, congratulations!! That's so exciting, I'm so happy for you!

Conga line!!

They found my ca-ar/ they found my ca-ar!!
    The police found it this morning in the parking lot of the main Public Library branch.. about 4 blocks from my house (but it wasn't there yesterday - hubby looked!)

But I can't have it ba-ack/ can't have it ba-ack. It was used in a crime. A crime they have yet to tell us about. As of lunchtime my car was being CSI'd. It is apparently caked with mud - they took it off-roading (it's only a 2wd duh!)
    So now we have to wait for it to be released by the police, towed by the Insurance company, inspected by a mechanic and only then will we learn the fate of our vehicle.
    Did I mention that hubby and daughter are leaving 2 weeks from today to DRIVE to the in-laws 3000km away??
    At least the stress of not knowing is done.

Thank you all for your positive vibes!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3052082;
    We have a friend that moved here a couple months ago. He's my husband's best friend and yesterday he came over with a kitchen aid mixer under his arm and GAVE it to me. . .
    What an awesome gift!!! It's my dream to have a KA mixer someday (too many other silly things that need our money first . . .), so I can imagine how thrilled you are!

I've been a fan of KAs since my mom got one many many moons ago. I especially like the one that Alton Brown uses -- black, with hot-rod flames.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Duxxy, that is really great news....even though it is kind of a pain right now with the CSI stuff!

Could hubby possibly rent a car and submit the cost to the courts when these idiots are prosecuted? I mean, you are being inconvenienced because of what the punks did. Maybe if they have to pay for a rental on top of everything else it will sink in that what they did was not at all cool!

---------------------

MRD, I have also always wanted a KA mixer. Went with an Oster or Sunbeam one years ago and that was fine until one of the beaters broke and the motor started sputtering and smoking! Ended up getting a used one on Ebay that worked well (and what a bargain price!). But that, too, soon started smoking up on me. By then Christmas of 2006 was nearing and hubby asked what I really wanted for Christmas. I said I really wanted a Kitchen Aid. I got the flaming red one! LOL It looks so cool on my countertop. But....now that the kiddies are older, I find I am not using it as much as I thought. So, when my granddaughter comes over, I like to make cookies with her. She is really a lot of fun in the kitchen.

That's great that your car was found Duxxy. I hope it wasn't damaged.
    Ooo, a Kitchen Aid mixer. Those are cool. I've always wanted one with a grinder attachment. I remember my mom using a hand crank grinder years ago. It attached to the kitchen table with a c-clamp.

Yeah for finding the car. Hopefully you'll have it on time for the roadtrip.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3052429;
    What an awesome gift!!! It's my dream to have a KA mixer someday (too many other silly things that need our money first . . .), so I can imagine how thrilled you are!

I've been a fan of KAs since my mom got one many many moons ago. I especially like the one that Alton Brown uses -- black, with hot-rod flames.
    Like you I wanted one for YEARS, but they were just too expensive (although, I've probably spent the same amount of money on handmixers over the years that I've burned up).

I did find that ebay sells the flames kit like on the one Alton uses. I love his.
    Mine is white which is nice as it will go with anything.

Thanks everyone, it's a dream come true for me and a really nice gesture on our friends part. He's such a n ice guy, been through a lot, a LOT, and is trying to make a new start here.

Duxxy, I'm SO glad they found your car and hope you get it back very soon.

Unk, that was the first thing my husband wanted to get as an attachment for the kitchen aid.
    But I still have my grandmothers old meat grinder that attaches to the table. I have never used it, but I still have it.

We are thinking about splitting a side of beef with a friend. He's found a place where you can get a side of beef and they will cut it and wrap it for $600. If we split it with someone, then we get a LOT of meat for only $300.
    I know it's a big outlay up front, it will be a tremendous savings in the long run.
    Has anyone ever done that? Is it worth it?
    Part of the attraction is that we can choose how big to make the roasts, steaks, etc.
    Last edited by MRD; 06-12-2008 at 08:43 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a kitchen aid. Love it for baking bread and cookies.

I've never done a buy like that on fresh meat but think it is a great idea and have heard it is a good way to save money.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My sister and her hubby did that, and it was a fantastic savings on the meat spending, plus the meat was really, really good.....and I am not a big appreciator of meat! I want to say that in one season, they picked out a young cow, discussed how it would be fed, and got the meat in another season. Much better than what was purchased in the store.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread