+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

So today starts the Bill Self basketball camp. We'll be transporting the future NBA stars for 2 weeks, early morning and then again late evening. Good money. I'm happy.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Well I will be one of those spending a fortune on gas this week Have to drive to Hemet (in the middle of the Mojave desert) this week for a funeral. Then have to drive to Vegas for a wedding of a close friend of my husband's on Saturday. I swore we would never drive to Vegas again as flying is so much cheaper out of our local airport. However, we had short notice of this wedding and when we went to book the airline tickets, it was going to cost us several hundred dollars. Ugh... So it will definitely be less expensive to drive - but darn it, it is a long drive through the desert. And an even longer (so it seems) drive home. All I can say is that I will be drinking lots and I had better win lots of $$. That is alot of hours in the car this week!

Thanks guys! The police finally showed up (27hours later) and took our statements. to be fair the stolen car bulletin went out immediately when I called it in. My husband is going to take a drive around tomorrow in the dead of night to see if it was abandoned in a parking lot somewhere (fingers crossed!) We can handle it if the car has been damaged - insurance will cover that and our deductible is $1000 we can cover that but if the car is a write off we will take a huge loss and I may not get my bathroom reno this year .. again. (I've been waiting 5 years and something always seems to come up - it's just not fair)

Margaritaville driving v.s. flying sucks! I had to make the same sacrifice this year. My SIL is getting married this Sept in Winnipeg, it would cost $2700 for the 3 of us to fly v. $600 to drive and if I wanted my bathroom reno this year it was a choice that I had to make. I'm hoping for the best.
    p.s. how do you pee on a long road trip in the desert?? There's no bush to cover you .
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

There are a few towns scattered around - you just have to plan your bladder issues around the stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3044667;
    p.s. how do you pee on a long road trip in the desert?? There's no bush to cover you .
    Well, the roads are real long and straight--you can see for miles and miles. So look carefully, and if you see nothing, not even a dot coming, you have time if you hurry. That's what I've heard anyway
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3044667;
    Thanks guys! The police finally showed up (27hours later) and took our statements. to be fair the stolen car bulletin went out immediately when I called it in. My husband is going to take a drive around tomorrow in the dead of night to see if it was abandoned in a parking lot somewhere (fingers crossed!) We can handle it if the car has been damaged - insurance will cover that and our deductible is $1000 we can cover that but if the car is a write off we will take a huge loss and I may not get my bathroom reno this year .. again. (I've been waiting 5 years and something always seems to come up - it's just not fair)
    If you have to pay your deductible and IF the thief is caught, sue his butt in small claims court and get a judgment. Collecting can be an adventure, but in my county the Court will help, even to the point of seizing personal assets and auctioning them.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3044627;
    . . . Have to drive to Hemet (in the middle of the Mojave desert) this week for a funeral. . .
    Ugggghhhh! I'll be sure to light a candle for you! Hemet, a.k.a. the armpit of southern California.

Both drives are hellacious, but at least there's good booze and gambling in Vegas. In Hemet, there's . . . uhhh . . . dust, pickups, and rednecks? For fun, though, you can watch the time and temperature change on the new digital display at the Bank of America "downtown."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Don't forget all the retired folk in Hemet... And I believe the Church of Scientology has a base there If I'm not back by Wed nite - send a search party!

Oh yes, and lots and lots of trailer parks. All the retired folk live in trailer parks. I know you all are jealous of my trip.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 06-08-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3044896;
    Don't forget all the retired folk in Hemet... And I believe the Church of Scientology has a base there If I'm not back by Wed nite - send a search party!
    No sweat (well, not in Hemet )!

Would you prefer a search party in an F250 with a gunrack and longhorns on the grill, or should we go straight for a foil flying saucer replica?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is the difference between dinner and supper, and which term did you grow up using?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread