+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 2428 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394959697981381885881088 ... LastLast
Like Tree5768Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I missed six state capitols. I just couldn't remember some of them off the top of my head. The only one I flat-out got wrong was Kansas. I guessed Witchita instead of Topeka.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Tallahassee (?) is just not a place that pops in mind, is it. Is New York, Albany? I used to quiz my kids all time, but the last one graduated almost twenty years ago. ha

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I won't even give you my score - too embarrassing. I will tell you, though, that some of the state capitals I got right were quite bizarre ones. There is no earthly reason why I should know that Cheyenne is the state capital of Wyoming, yet I do. I also got Idaho, Rhode Island and a bunch of other small(ish) states right, while I flunked on New York and Florida. Oh, and I got Helena, Montana right for self-explanatory reasons.

Geography was one of my favourite subjects in school, at least while we were still on the writing on Xeroxed maps stage.

Oh come on, don't you remember the Aerosmith song Last Child:

Take me back to a south Tallahassee
    Down cross the bridge to my sweet sassafrassy

(I'm from Florida, so that was one I definetly got right. I did better on the southern states than I did anywhere else)

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I missed six state capitols. I just couldn't remember some of them off the top of my head. The only one I flat-out got wrong was Kansas. I guessed Witchita instead of Topeka.
    When the Huey Lewis song came out: The Heart of Rock and Roll, I swear I thought it said the heart of rock and roll is in Topeka. Little did I know that the heart of Kansas is Topeka. I got that one wrong.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I did really good. 90% with a 30 mile MOE. I'm good with maps...

I'll have to try the capitals next.

70% with an average of 107 miles off. I suck at the midwest.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Urgh, I only got 80% 40 states correct......It's been a long time since I drew the map of the US in 5th grade......and I thought I thumbed through the atlas daydreaming often of future trips....The east coast really threw me....I prefer the west coast. The states are really big and fit in their places easily
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    90% with 25 MOE.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    Forty-eight perfect, average error 7 miles. I also blew Kentucky, so I think that the Congress should adjust the state borders to fix it. I took some wild educated guesses in the New England area that turned out pretty well.

88% correct with an average error of 7 miles. I was way off on Nebraska.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

96% right! I got 48 states right...missed Colorado by 17 miles and Kentucky by about the same; as some others have mentioned, it's kind of hard to be that exact when there's nothing to match the state line to at least somewhere!

On the state capitol thing, I only got 38 right...this is terrible!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Premium Member
    My finger twitched on the mouse and I dropped Oklahoma somewhere between South Dakota and the Canadian border. I think how well you do depends on which states you get first, it's hard when you know where they are supposed to go but you miss because there aren't any other states to give you the perspective you need to put them in exactly the right spot.

+ Reply to Thread