+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

doxie - No, I agree with YOU. Sounds like something dh would do here, as well. As long as you have two bathrooms, I don't blame you for not wanting to clean both.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3041489;
    REAL men pee in the back yard.

I caught my son doing that a couple of times when he was 4. I thought you were older than that Newf!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3041530;
    I caught my son doing that a couple of times when he was 4. I thought you were older than that Newf!
    Doesn't matter the age, they all do it.

And at times I am SO jealous.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

doxie - Let me tell you my bathroom story - don't worry, it's not THAT kind of a story. To make a long story as short as possible, before my sister and her husband got married, he had to go out of town for two weeks on a business trip. They each had a house. While he was gone, she moved into his house for the two weeks. I asked her why. She got a really goofy look on her face which told me that she thought the reason was really stupid, but she didn't want to tell him that. So she just told me to ask him - so I did. He said the reason was that he was a single man living in a house that had three bathrooms. Naturally, he has a tendency to use the same bathroom. So he intentionally rotates bathroom use because if you don't use the tub, toilet, sink for a while, the seals will dry up and you will get leaks. Truthfully, that seemed pretty logical to me. But then I started thinking. So I again turned to my sister and asked her if she was at the boyfriend's house for two weeks, who flushed the toilet at her house. She said "nobody". So then I felt moved to yell at her and tell her that she MUST flush her toilet periodically so the seal don't dry up and leak. My future brother-in-law (who is blond, blue-eyed) get really red. My sister and I laughed so hard we were crying.

When they got married, I gave my brand new brother-in-law a present - a T-shirt with a picture of a toilet on it that said "flush twice daily". I love my brother-in-law!

I agree with gabriel about the bathrooms. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Plus I have the same setup as you do (master bathroom & guest bathroom downstairs, 20 feet away from each other) and I use the guest bathroom a lot. I don't want to walk that extra 20 feet either when there's a perfectly fine bathroom right there. And when I clean that guest bathroom it takes maybe 15 minutes since there's no tub or shower to scrub. The convenience is worth 15 minutes of my time every week. Maybe you could ask your husband to help you with the bathrooms on the weekends.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3041555;
    doxie - Let me tell you my bathroom story - don't worry, it's not THAT kind of a story. To make a long story as short as possible, before my sister and her husband got married, he had to go out of town for two weeks on a business trip. They each had a house. While he was gone, she moved into his house for the two weeks. I asked her why. She got a really goofy look on her face which told me that she thought the reason was really stupid, but she didn't want to tell him that. So she just told me to ask him - so I did. He said the reason was that he was a single man living in a house that had three bathrooms. Naturally, he has a tendency to use the same bathroom. So he intentionally rotates bathroom use because if you don't use the tub, toilet, sink for a while, the seals will dry up and you will get leaks. Truthfully, that seemed pretty logical to me. But then I started thinking. So I again turned to my sister and asked her if she was at the boyfriend's house for two weeks, who flushed the toilet at her house. She said "nobody". So then I felt moved to yell at her and tell her that she MUST flush her toilet periodically so the seal don't dry up and leak. My future brother-in-law (who is blond, blue-eyed) get really red. My sister and I laughed so hard we were crying.

When they got married, I gave my brand new brother-in-law a present - a T-shirt with a picture of a toilet on it that said "flush twice daily". I love my brother-in-law!
    That's pretty funny

I agree with Gabriel and burntbrat on the bathroom usage, and I agree with everyone who thinks SUVs are ridiculous. Mr. Rattus and I have been discussing our future car ownership. Quite honestly, if he didn't need to drive to work in the winter (he cycles in the summer, but a 60K round trip in the snow really isn't doable and he leaves at 4:30 am when there's no public transit), we'd dump the car now. When we retire, we will get rid of it and register with Autoshare, so we can make use of a car the four times a year we might want to go for a drive. Living in a city with public transit and both of us being regular bike commuters makes owning a car just silly.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

We still have our SUVs, although when one of the leases is up, we'll probably switch down to one SUV and one sedan. We were converted to SUVs initially when the railroad parking lot flooded one year, and totaled the station car-- a sedan at the time. We do need one big car though, for when we go up to our house in Maine, but it's painful going to the gas station these days, that's for sure.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3041708;
    I agree with Gabriel and burntbrat on the bathroom usage, and I agree with everyone who thinks SUVs are ridiculous. Mr. Rattus and I have been discussing our future car ownership. Quite honestly, if he didn't need to drive to work in the winter (he cycles in the summer, but a 60K round trip in the snow really isn't doable and he leaves at 4:30 am when there's no public transit), we'd dump the car now. When we retire, we will get rid of it and register with Autoshare, so we can make use of a car the four times a year we might want to go for a drive. Living in a city with public transit and both of us being regular bike commuters makes owning a car just silly.
    I wish we had public trans. I would use it.
    When we have vacationed in cities with it, we use it.
    I don't like to drive, so it would be perfect for me. Unfortunately only a handful of cities have really good public trans.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Actually, my husband regularly uses both the guest bathroom and the master bathroom. I tend to use only the master bathroom. If cleaning is the issue, how about asking the husband to clean the guest bathroom since he's the primary user of it? Also, those Lysol wipes (that pop up in a cannister) are a good way to wipe down the sink area quickly and with a minimum of fuss. Either he won't want to clean the bathroom and then will just use yours...or he'll clean up after himself and that'll be nice! Honestly, my husband doesn't make a big mess of the guest bathroom. If we're having guests, he or I will give it a quick cleaning prior to their arrival--but even when we had dropins, it's not that big of a deal. We have a shower in the guest bathroom and I try to use that occasionally to make sure that everything's working well. (We have a cleaning woman clean the house every two weeks; and the week she doesn't come, he or I just scrub the toilet and wipe down the sinks and it stays pretty clean).

+ Reply to Thread