+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7166Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Maybe he's a "reconstituted" virgin?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3039733;
    Maybe he's a "reconstituted" virgin?
    Or born again. My mom had a real persnicky women friend that my dad hated and he always referred to her as a "born again virgin"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Let's be clear about one thing--I am only talking about my LIVER Other than the rare use of o-t-c cold meds, I had a quarter-glass of wine 4 years ago; before that, my last alcohol was in 9th grade when my parents let me have some wine, heavily diluted (either 7-up or Sprite), on New Year's Eve.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3039920;
    Let's be clear about one thing--I am only talking about my LIVER Other than the rare use of o-t-c cold meds, I had a quarter-glass of wine 4 years ago; before that, my last alcohol was in 9th grade when my parents let me have some wine, heavily diluted (either 7-up or Sprite), on New Year's Eve.
    Ohhh, you know what they say when people get real defensive!

My favorite drink for the summer? And don't laugh until you've tried it :nono Boone's Sangria over crushed ice with a couple splashes of Sunkist orange soda Never knew cheap wine could taste so good! I laughed at my best friend when she introduced it to me. Went over for a barbeque on a hot summer day and saw the bottle of Boone's on the counter. But once I tasted it.... pure heaven! We went through quite a few bottles of it that night....

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3040001;
    My favorite drink for the summer? And don't laugh until you've tried it :nono Boone's Sangria over crushed ice with a couple splashes of Sunkist orange soda Never knew cheap wine could taste so good! I laughed at my best friend when she introduced it to me. Went over for a barbeque on a hot summer day and saw the bottle of Boone's on the counter. But once I tasted it.... pure heaven! We went through quite a few bottles of it that night....
    Well you just brought back some memories (and some of them unpleasant. ) about Boone's Farm.

I love Sangria and it's a perfect summer drink. Have you ever had white sangria? I like it even more than the red version.

So what do you call this drink of your's? A Boone's Kiss? (play on Sun kist.)

I have never had white sangria -- where do you find it? I would definitely be interested in trying that.

We never named the drink - but we always managed to go through 4 to 5 bottles between the two of us. Those were the days...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3040024;
    I have never had white sangria -- where do you find it? I would definitely be interested in trying that.

We never named the drink - but we always managed to go through 4 to 5 bottles between the two of us. Those were the days...
    There was a restaurant that served it and I have made it, but it's been so long now that I can't remember what all went in it besides white wine. And it had cinnamon sticks along with the fruit.

I'll have to see if I can find the recipe. It was just very refreshing.

Was at a party not too many years ago in a white linen blouse that some idiot spilled an entire glass of red sangria all over. I mean, I was SOAKED. And NOT happy. But I did manage to get the wine out of the blouse, but I had to go home early because of it. That made me more mad than anything.

Well now, if you had consumed enough Sangria, it wouldn't have mattered.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3040066;
    Well now, if you had consumed enough Sangria, it wouldn't have mattered.
    You're right. But the person that spilled it on me was someone I couldn't stand so that made it that much worse.

I found a white sangria that I'll post in recipes.

+ Reply to Thread