+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7166Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #8751
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Maybe he's a "reconstituted" virgin?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #8752
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3039733;
    Maybe he's a "reconstituted" virgin?
    Or born again. My mom had a real persnicky women friend that my dad hated and he always referred to her as a "born again virgin"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #8753
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Let's be clear about one thing--I am only talking about my LIVER Other than the rare use of o-t-c cold meds, I had a quarter-glass of wine 4 years ago; before that, my last alcohol was in 9th grade when my parents let me have some wine, heavily diluted (either 7-up or Sprite), on New Year's Eve.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  4. #8754
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3039920;
    Let's be clear about one thing--I am only talking about my LIVER Other than the rare use of o-t-c cold meds, I had a quarter-glass of wine 4 years ago; before that, my last alcohol was in 9th grade when my parents let me have some wine, heavily diluted (either 7-up or Sprite), on New Year's Eve.
    Ohhh, you know what they say when people get real defensive!

    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #8755
    FORT Fogey Margaritaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    My favorite drink for the summer? And don't laugh until you've tried it :nono Boone's Sangria over crushed ice with a couple splashes of Sunkist orange soda Never knew cheap wine could taste so good! I laughed at my best friend when she introduced it to me. Went over for a barbeque on a hot summer day and saw the bottle of Boone's on the counter. But once I tasted it.... pure heaven! We went through quite a few bottles of it that night....

  6. #8756
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3040001;
    My favorite drink for the summer? And don't laugh until you've tried it :nono Boone's Sangria over crushed ice with a couple splashes of Sunkist orange soda Never knew cheap wine could taste so good! I laughed at my best friend when she introduced it to me. Went over for a barbeque on a hot summer day and saw the bottle of Boone's on the counter. But once I tasted it.... pure heaven! We went through quite a few bottles of it that night....
    Well you just brought back some memories (and some of them unpleasant. ) about Boone's Farm.

    I love Sangria and it's a perfect summer drink. Have you ever had white sangria? I like it even more than the red version.

    So what do you call this drink of your's? A Boone's Kiss? (play on Sun kist.)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  7. #8757
    FORT Fogey Margaritaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I have never had white sangria -- where do you find it? I would definitely be interested in trying that.

    We never named the drink - but we always managed to go through 4 to 5 bottles between the two of us. Those were the days...

  8. #8758
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3040024;
    I have never had white sangria -- where do you find it? I would definitely be interested in trying that.

    We never named the drink - but we always managed to go through 4 to 5 bottles between the two of us. Those were the days...
    There was a restaurant that served it and I have made it, but it's been so long now that I can't remember what all went in it besides white wine. And it had cinnamon sticks along with the fruit.

    I'll have to see if I can find the recipe. It was just very refreshing.

    Was at a party not too many years ago in a white linen blouse that some idiot spilled an entire glass of red sangria all over. I mean, I was SOAKED. And NOT happy. But I did manage to get the wine out of the blouse, but I had to go home early because of it. That made me more mad than anything.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #8759
    FORT Fogey Margaritaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Well now, if you had consumed enough Sangria, it wouldn't have mattered.

  10. #8760
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3040066;
    Well now, if you had consumed enough Sangria, it wouldn't have mattered.
    You're right. But the person that spilled it on me was someone I couldn't stand so that made it that much worse.

    I found a white sangria that I'll post in recipes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.