+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6789Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Or mint juleps. I prefer mojitos though. They've got the mint and the look, but they taste better.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Really! Mint juleps are yuck-o! Think I'd stick to iced tea so I wouldn't crash getting up off the wicker furniture!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3039198;
    For you people sitting in white wicker furniture on columned front porches and patios, don't forget the glasses of iced tea with the yummy crushed, fresh mint!
    We had beer. Much better. We had Blue Moon beer with a slice of orange in it. I have fallen in love with this since moving here. The orange just adds that special touch. I thought at first, yuck, but then I tried it and it's divine that way.

Burntbrat, I too prefer mojitos to mint julips. I have a mint plant growing now and plan to turn it into mojitos in about another month. I grew up in Florida so mojitos were more available than julips. But its a similar drink, just 2 different liquors and slightly different way of preparing, but a similar type drink.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Iced tea with mint, mojitos, you guys have me drooling here!

I don't know if it's unique to me, but alcohol in too-warm weather makes me hotter.....and I don't mean that in a good way, either!

Wine makes me romantic and if I could purr, I would! Strictly an indoor beverage!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3039641;
    I don't know if it's unique to me, but alcohol in too-warm weather makes me hotter.....and I don't mean that in a good way, either!

Wine makes me romantic and if I could purr, I would! Strictly an indoor beverage!
    There is NOTHING like an ice cold beer on a hot day!

But the other night the weather was perfect. Warm enough, but not hot and a gentle breeze blowing that made me wish the weather could be like that year round.

Wine in hot weather makes me dizzy, flushed and sweaty though. Not a pretty sight.

Beer can be OK, if I'm not going anywhere, but the frequent bathroom trips to offload that rental can be a deterrent! Instead of beer, I've developed a taste for Hardcore Hard Apple Cider. I am a serious apple fan!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3039654;
    Beer can be OK, if I'm not going anywhere, but the frequent bathroom trips to offload that rental can be a deterrent! Instead of beer, I've developed a taste for Hardcore Hard Apple Cider. I am a serious apple fan!
    Somehow beer doesn't affect my bathroom frequency like it does others.
    I can handle beer better than wine or booze. I can have twice as many beers as I can drinks or glasses of wine, before I feel any affect.
    The only other thing like that for me is Tequila. Tequila doesn't affect me like it does other people, but give me the same amount of vodka or rum and I'm knee crawling.
    Must be the way my body metabolizes beer and tequila.

ETA: Not that I drink a large amount of any of it.

2 beers once a week is about my limit. Oh, I may go hog wild and have beer two nights out of the week, but not often.

You know, I just thought, but I tend to sip beer slower than I would drink wine or mixed drinks, so maybe that's why it doesn't affect me as much.

What a bunch of lushes I'm happy to say that my liver is practically a virgin.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3039701;
    What a bunch of lushes I'm happy to say that my liver is practically a virgin.
    You know, I watched a show not long ago where one of the characters said you either are or you aren't, you can't be a partway virgin. So which is it?

I used to drink a lot more when I was younger. And then I quit drinking all together for several years, but in the past few years, I have discovered the pleasure of a beer or two once or twice a week.
    And then about once a year, I have a LOT and rememeber why I don't drink a LOT anymore, but only 1 or 2 once or twice a week.

I'm going to a wedding in August with a lot of people I haven't seen in a year or more, so I hope I can control my impulses and not get knee crawling at this wedding, because it's being touted as a BIG PARTY. Or they won't want to see me for a year or more after that.

+ Reply to Thread