+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7285Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3036670;
    . . . So then I set the kitchen on fire.

Well the soup was good. The bread? Charcoal. It's bad when you have to actually put the bread out as it is in flames. Real flames.
    Oh -- just serve it and say it's bread flambé!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3037151;
    Oh -- just serve it and say it's bread flambé!
    Oh, it was more suitable to throw in the grill to use for charcoal. It was burned, burned, burned.

I do like your suggestion though, but I couldn't have served that charred mess. When I make a mistake, I make a doozy!

Here is another reason I LOVE living in the South. I was feeling better so last night went over to a friends. She lives in a 107 year old victorian. We sat on her front porch and the evening was warm, but not overly so. A soft breeze was blowing and her yard was lush and green.
    I sat in the rocking chair and it was just a lazy, very casual evening listening to the birds and enjoying the beautiful part of the day. Seeing the white columns on her porch, sitting in the white wicker furniture and just feeling so relaxed and refreshed. There is NOTHING better than a lazy summer evening in June in the South. Front porch sitting is a balm to the spirit.
    Last edited by MRD; 06-04-2008 at 08:26 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

All we need now is a few "I do declares....." and a couple "fiddle dee dees'......" thrown in..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3037540;
    All we need now is a few "I do declares....." and a couple "fiddle dee dees'......" thrown in..
    Scarlett O'Hara is the only person I've ever heard say "fiddle dee dee".

But there was a bunch of "ya'll's", "I reckon" and "ain'ts" thrown around on that porch last night.

And a few "It don't get any better than this" statements.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3037531;
    Here is another reason I LOVE living in the South. I was feeling better so last night went over to a friends. She lives in a 107 year old victorian. We sat on her front porch and the evening was warm, but not overly so. A soft breeze was blowing and her yard was lush and green.
    I sat in the rocking chair and it was just a lazy, very casual evening listening to the birds and enjoying the beautiful part of the day. Seeing the white columns on her porch, sitting in the white wicker furniture and just feeling so relaxed and refreshed. There is NOTHING better than a lazy summer evening in June in the South. Front porch sitting is a balm to the spirit.
    That sounds so nice! I'm jealous

I spent the evening at Target in the garden section. Picked out quite a few flowers to plant this morning. I have never gardened before, as I am not one that likes to get out and sweat. Simply because it means I will need a second shower - and once I go thru drying my hair and putting my face on, I don't relish the idea of going thru the whole process all over again. Anyway, I planted some carnations along our entry walkway and they seem to be doing well, so I figured I would plant some more. Added a few extra flowering bushes for some flare and those are doing well also! Now I'm cocky enough to finish up the front yard - hope it doesn't blow up in my face! I am known for killing every houseplant I have ever owned Wish me luck! I will post pics when I'm done if I can figure out how to download them from my camera, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3037646;
    I am known for killing every houseplant I have ever owned Wish me luck! I will post pics when I'm done if I can figure out how to download them from my camera, etc.
    I also am a renowned houseplant killer, but do okay outside. We have a gardening thread in here that I think has slipped off of the front page.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3037646;
    That sounds so nice! I'm jealous

I spent the evening at Target in the garden section. Picked out quite a few flowers to plant this morning. I have never gardened before, as I am not one that likes to get out and sweat. Simply because it means I will need a second shower - and once I go thru drying my hair and putting my face on, I don't relish the idea of going thru the whole process all over again. Anyway, I planted some carnations along our entry walkway and they seem to be doing well, so I figured I would plant some more. Added a few extra flowering bushes for some flare and those are doing well also! Now I'm cocky enough to finish up the front yard - hope it doesn't blow up in my face! I am known for killing every houseplant I have ever owned Wish me luck! I will post pics when I'm done if I can figure out how to download them from my camera, etc.
    Are you sure we're not twins? Because I feel the EXACT same way. I could have written that post.

Good luck with your plants. I'm sure they will be beautiful.

I'm feeling a tad insecure because EVERYONE gardens here and people are renowned for their yards. They even give garden club tours of gardens. Even people in my neighborhood (not those big houses on the garden club tour) garden a LOT. I have never been much of a gardener and feel a little like an outsider because I don't get out and weed, mulch and dig in the dirt. I really think it has a lot to do with the sweating thing Margaritaville described and the fact that I hate to do it and kill everything.

I have white furniture and plants on the balcony of my apartment, where I can sit on warm evenings -- BUT (here's the San Diego advantage) WE DON'T HAVE MOSQUITOES!!! And from now until Labor Day, we can see the Sea World fireworks, too. (My dad's a pyro who got me hooked on fireworks!)

But, MRD, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and starting to enjoy life again! YAY!!!
    (fiddle dee dee!)
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-04-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I absolutely love San Diego! We are planning on taking a vacation down there at the end of summer. It is my favorite destination in CA Breathtakingly beautiful and fabulous weather all the time... Sigh.....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For you people sitting in white wicker furniture on columned front porches and patios, don't forget the glasses of iced tea with the yummy crushed, fresh mint!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread