+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6269Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Step away from the decongestants, bug....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3034941;
    Step away from the decongestants, bug....
    Too true!! I hate medication, see what it does???!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Charlie bit me! Have you'all seen that totally cute clip of the 2 boys on youtube? So funny! I urge everyone to check it out.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3021579;
    Feel better soon, MRD!

I'm wondering if any other areas of the country are experiencing the horrible allergy season this year? Where I live in CA, it is the worst year in recent memory for allergy and/or asthma sufferers. Here in the valley, we are already one of the worst air quality areas of the nation -- and yet, this year, even those that don't normally suffer too much are having a terrible time! Sinus headaches are the norm - runny nose is constant - unbelievable! The drug companies LOVE us... Going to a drug store to purchase Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl, Sudafed, etc -- and you will find empty shelves...
    I used to have a friend that worked as a Pharmacy Tech that would advise what the best OTC allergy stuff was but she lost her job for blabbing about people's medical records, so I'm back to experimenting on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3036006;
    Charlie bit me! Have you'all seen that totally cute clip of the 2 boys on youtube? So funny! I urge everyone to check it out.
    I normally cannot stand clips of little kids, but that was funny. "CHAWLEY bit me"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

We've been living on frozen food and takeout for over a week because everyone was sick.
    I made chicken soup today figuring that we needed it and I felt slightly better.

So then I set the kitchen on fire.

Well the soup was good. The bread? Charcoal. It's bad when you have to actually put the bread out as it is in flames. Real flames.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I know I shouldn't be laughing but...

You poor thing! Hope you're feeling better!

Also, I try to freeze some soup when I make a batch--'cause the time I need it the most is when I'm sick and too tired to make it. I freeze them in small serving size containers and that makes it really easy to thaw out in a small pan or even in the microwave. I'm not sure if that would've helped you much since your entire family is sick, but in a pinch, it's a good thing to have.

And good grief, can't you teach Waldo how to cook or something?!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3036678;
    I know I shouldn't be laughing but...

You poor thing! Hope you're feeling better!

Also, I try to freeze some soup when I make a batch--'cause the time I need it the most is when I'm sick and too tired to make it. I freeze them in small serving size containers and that makes it really easy to thaw out in a small pan or even in the microwave. I'm not sure if that would've helped you much since your entire family is sick, but in a pinch, it's a good thing to have.

And good grief, can't you teach Waldo how to cook or something?!
    Go ahead, I'm laughing about it. Can't wait for hubby to call home tonight so I can tell him I lit the kitchen on fire. I am such a klutz at times that even now I can laugh at myself because it really is funny. Good thing for my daughter's boyfriend, he turned on the sick and aimed the sprayer at the bread and put it out before it got any worse. But I'm serious when I say we had actually FLAMES. Who knew bread would burn like that?

I normally do freeze soup for later, but we had eaten everything I had frozen (I also freeze casseroles, etc.) on those lazy nights I didn't want to cook before we even got sick, so didn't have anything in reserve.

I wish Waldo would learn to cook. And Rosie and Bogie could do laundry and unload the dishwasher.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3036670;
    The bread? Charcoal. It's bad when you have to actually put the bread out as it is in flames. Real flames.
    Just tell your family it's art MRD.

Home Page - BurntFoodMuseum.com

BEFORE & AFTER: WHOLE WHEAT

The muse of the culinarily overzealous, food suffers silently thoughout the most rigorous ministrations. This exhibit dramatically illustrates the extent to which food must suffer for our art.

One look at the size of the the toast AFTER it has undergone itís MBF transformation shows just how much the toast itself has put into that most awesome metamorphosis. Letís hear it for the effort of the art itself, not just the artist!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Johnny Paul Jason says that burnt toast is good for your teeth!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread