+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I like 1 percent and I like brown eggs better than white. The yolk does seem yellower to me, but I'm sure it's because my mom always made me think they were a treat when we got them farm fresh. There probably is no difference at all.

My pet peeve today: Just got a new washer and dryer delivered (the one that came with the house when we bought is very tiny, old and uses a lot of water) and the people that lived here before cut the line to the 220V plug I thought I was being so smart by checking in behind to make sure all was okay. The last dryer was natural gas, but the correct plug for the new electric dryer was there so I thought I was good to go.

My poor hubby spent a good part of the day putting in a new vent to the outside (hearing a drill in the house is never a good sign) set it all up, and no power to the dryer. Luckily we found someone who will come Monday morning and since the ceiling downstairs is those drop tiles it should be easy to run a line to the box. Should be. I hope. Of course since he is leaving for a week on business something will happen. It never fails.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 05-31-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3031291;
    Can anybody taste a difference between brown eggs and white eggs? My mom is visiting and she stocked us up on brown eggs, when we always eat the white ones. I always thought that the brown ones had a thicker, meatier yolk but my boss said there's no difference. We're not big on yolks in my house, we're all about the egg whites. I'm scared of them. I didn't want to be rude and tell her next time to replace what she eats with exactly what she took. I'm just afraid it will be like whole milk vs. 2% milk or white tuna vs. light tuna. There's an enormous difference in those things.
    Burnt, the colour and texture of egg yolks varies depending on what the chickens are fed. I've never been able to taste any difference myself.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

I leave the house for the first time in a week that wasn't a doctor's appointment and manage to get caught up in the snarl of traffic and police because I choose the exact same route as the presidential motorcade going to Furman University.
    After finally getting back home (made the mistake of getting on the interstate thinking it would be better, but NO, they have the exits blocked, I had to go 3 exits past mine and double back).

I got home in time to hear Air Force One take off from the airport. (they showed it on tv and I went outside to see if I could see it, but I couldn't because of the trees-I wanted to make sure he was leaving!!!!!) Since all air traffic has been restricted for the past 3 hours, they are now landing planes about every 30 seconds and they are all coming directly over my house.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sounds like a doozy of a day! Bright side = he's gone!

I had one white egg left this morning at breakfast. So I fried one white and one brown egg together. I couldn't tell which one was which. So you were all right, eggs are the same inside.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

all this talk of eggs is making me want a cheesy omelette.

Have any of you ever been briefly obsessed with things? My obsessions come in waves. For a while I was obsessed with looking up random things on Wikipedia. Like, WIERD random things. Like the plots to Japanese horror films, torture devices used by the Spanish Inquisition and about the expiriments done in concentration camps. My mind can be wierd sometimes.

But now my current brief obsession is a whole lot sunnier! And involves cute guys with accents who sing really really well! I just finished watching a Celtic Thunder concert about an hour ago on PBS and my my my. 2.75 of those guys are very easy on my eyes. But all the guys in the group (ages 15-40) are all very talented. If you don't know about them, you should look them up. They're fantastic!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3032133;
    I had one white egg left this morning at breakfast. So I fried one white and one brown egg together. I couldn't tell which one was which. So you were all right, eggs are the same inside.
    There's an after-school-special type of life-lesson analogy in here somewhere . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Superbrat, i go through that quite often. In fact, i was just looking at some Emily the Strange stuff...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3032217;
    There's an after-school-special type of life-lesson analogy in here somewhere . . .
    Hey, I like that. I'm helping plan the program for our summer day camp and have been working on some Civil Rights stuff and that is a GREAT demonstration we can do. Thanks Ellen!

MRD

I have a unique problem (and many of you are going to laugh. Well it is kind of funny actually).

I have had several conversations recently with people I either don't know well or just met and they think I'm either lying or exaggerating.

Yesterday was the "aha" moment when I realized why they think so.

I was in a discussion with a woman about politics and I said that Carter was the first person I voted for for President. She told me I must be mistaken, that he had run in 1976 and 1980 and I said, yes, I know, I voted for him in 1980. She then says: "But you couldnt' have, you weren't old enough!!!!" I informed her I was indeed old enough, that I was currently 46 years old. She then blurted out that I "couldn't be". I asked if she wanted to see my license.

I had a conversation a few weeks ago with someone who told me they had listened to Lynyrd Skynyd in high school (I knew how old he was) and I said I had listened to them too, but the difference was that all the original band memembers were still alive when I listened to them and he gave me a funny look which I didn't realize until later was that he thought I was exaggerating.

So I know it's a unique problem and I shouldn't be complaining about it, but I apparantly don't look or "act" my age and it's causing people to not take me seriously when I talk about things in the past that they think I was too young to have known about or participated in.

Why would I lie about being older than they think I am? Don't most people who lie about their age, make themselves younger?

+ Reply to Thread