+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Can anybody taste a difference between brown eggs and white eggs? My mom is visiting and she stocked us up on brown eggs, when we always eat the white ones. I always thought that the brown ones had a thicker, meatier yolk but my boss said there's no difference. We're not big on yolks in my house, we're all about the egg whites. I'm scared of them. I didn't want to be rude and tell her next time to replace what she eats with exactly what she took. I'm just afraid it will be like whole milk vs. 2% milk or white tuna vs. light tuna. There's an enormous difference in those things.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

burnt,

I really haven't noticed a difference between the two. Let me know what you think after you try them.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD

Livin,
    I think the punishment is fine. As the summer progresses and he shows signs of improvement, you could always add in more priveleges as reward, but I wouldn't tell him that, let it be a surprise.

I think you are being a good parent. Anymore to really make it in life, it does take more than a high school diploma. It doesn't HAVE to be college, but at least a trade of some sort, but it's imperitive we impress upon our children the value of education. That is the ONE thing that no one can take away from you.

I have never been able to tell the difference in brown vs white eggs, burntbrat. (except the shell color. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Burnt, there's no difference, taste or nutrition-wise, between the white and brown eggs. The shell color differs with the breed of chicken...white eggs from white chickens, brown eggs from the darker-feathered hens. They all taste the same, no difference in cholesterol, either. I just buy whichever one is cheaper.

I remember trying to go from whole milk straight to skim. Yuck! It was like drinking water with a bit of milk splashed in. Now that I'm used to skim, I can't stand whole milk.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3031372;
    Burnt, there's no difference, taste or nutrition-wise, between the white and brown eggs. The shell color differs with the breed of chicken...white eggs from white chickens, brown eggs from the darker-feathered hens. They all taste the same, no difference in cholesterol, either. I just buy whichever one is cheaper.

I remember trying to go from whole milk straight to skim. Yuck! It was like drinking water with a bit of milk splashed in. Now that I'm used to skim, I can't stand whole milk.
    oh yeah on the milk. I can't even tolerate 1% anymore.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I had to gradually decrease to skim. I went to 2% then 1% then skim.
    Now I don't drink regular milk at all, but rice milk, which is actually about the same consistency as skim. But I can't put skim in coffee. It's just like adding more water to the cup. I do use a splash of half and half in my coffee.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3031372;
    At our store there are two brands of milk where the skim tastes like 2% and the 2% tastes like whole. It only comes in half gallons and is a little more expensive, but you might look for that. I buy a gallon of regular 2% for my son when he's home, and the special skim for my daughter and I the rest of the time.
    Count your blessings!

My son prefers 1% milk and the rest of us don't drink milk at all. If I have cereal though, I much prefer 2%. I absolutely cannot drink coffee without my half and half, though! So I usually have to add a dash of half and half in my cereal to make up for the 1% factor - Just one of those things.

Burnt --
    I've never noticed a difference (whites or yolks) between white and brown eggs, either. If there's a difference, it's gotta be really, really small.

But full-fat milk vs. reduced- ,low- , and nonfat milk? Oh yeah -- big difference!

And I agree with you: if someone stays at your house and uses your stuff, s/he should replace it with the identical or near-identical product.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I hate 2% milk, but it's continually bought in this house. In the near future, im going towards soy milk and half and half.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread