+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5927Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've had dreams that I thought were weird and then realized I had slept with the tv on!! I think if anyone is talking, my neighbors, the tv, anyone, I will dream about it or try to listen while sleeping.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I can't sleep with a tv or radio on...always start listening in and that gets the old mind working..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I actually sleep better to the rhythm of hubbys c-pap than without it anymore. I actually find it soothing.
    definitely didn't find the snoring soothing.

That's one of the reasons mr buglover and I have separate rooms. He snores like a train and I have such horrible insomnia that the slightest reason to give me any anxiety will keep me up all night. We like it fine and get along much better because we get sleep instead of the constant poking and "stop it!" that goes on all night. I have to hand it to all women or men who can sleep through snoring.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I had a separate room for nearly 20 years. some nights, I could have used a separate house.
    He finally agreed to see a Dr about the snoring. Dr suspected sleep apnea - hubby insisted no way.
    after the testing found he had EXTREME sleep apnea, he went on the c-pap. He never had a symptom of not getting enough sleep himself - I dealt with it for more years than I ever wanted to. His test had him at about 70-75% oxygen level - not sure what that means exactly, but it was bad.

I love his c-pap - the sound & the fact that it probably saved his life. We are back in the same room now for about a year. which makes vacations much easier - always had to have a second bedroom before.

That's the scary part schmoo2... they could stop breathing all together and the strain it puts on the organs is really uncool. I'm glad he got tested and received his c-pap. I know what you mean about vacations..... I literally turn myself into an anxiety monster trying to figure out sleeping arrangements. etc and it's no fun!! We want to purchase (well we did want to) an RV for travel but the biggest ones are so expensive and small ones mean I get no sleep! The things we do for love!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I love to travel, but hate sleeping in hotels.

I'm lucky that Mr. Rosie doesn't snore. But I just hate hotel beds.

I have a good female friend and we used to take weekend trips together occasionally. She snored the loudest I've ever heard. I got to where I didn't want to go with her as we shared a room. I am a grouch if I don't get enough sleep. But I have to take tylenol PM or benedryl when I travel in order to even be able to sleep, and especially with my friend the snorer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I had a problem for years with snoring and feeling tired during the day. Finally got it checked out and I do have apena. Since I got my machine my life has changed. One time I dozed off without it and woke minutes later feeling like I was being smothered. I know my family appreciates it too.

All hell has hit the fan here. DS got his grades yesterday. An F in physics. His summer has been ruined. Poor study habits and laziness are the main contributors. He is going to have to retake this class next year.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Oh livin I'm sorry.It's so frustrating when they do things like that!
    I got a progress report a couple weeks ago and my son has 3 Ds and I too say it's laziness. He just decided he wouldn't do homework because he didn't fully understand it instead of asking for help!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Why is it always the boys that do stupid stuff like that? My son is doing well this year, but he could still do better. He just doesn't study! He's smart enough that he can get Bs without having to study, so that's what he does. I keep telling him he could get As if he'd just study a little bit. He keeps telling me that Bs mean he is "average". He said "average is good". I counter with "average is great if that's the best you can do, but it's not". I really think it's a boy thing. My friends at work say the same things about their sons, but not their daughters. They refuse to listen to parents - they just have to make (and hopefully learn from) their own mistakes. I hope things work out OK, buglover.

+ Reply to Thread