+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7187Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3027525;
    Not that weird, my father from what I've heard slept with a foot outside the blanket at all times.
    I think I got it from my mom, but she had to shake her foot before falling asleep. Used to drive my dad nuts as it apparantly shook the whole bed as she shook her foot to fall asleep.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ever since I switched to using a buckwheat-hull pillow, I have a hard time sleeping on standard pillows. I used to bring my small buckwheat-hull pillow on trips, but it's too much of a hassle (kind of heavy, too). I just "suck it up" and take a bit longer to fall asleep on "normal" pillows.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I cannot sleep on my back, unless I am sitting on the couch. I have to sleep on my side, preferring my left side.
    the whole routine going to bed is --
    lay on my back for about 10 minutes - no sleep coming, but it gives me a calm down time.
    then I turn on my left - but I always gurgle on my left for the first hour or so, so I have to turn on the right side - which sometimes gives me heartburn.
    I stick out one foot whenever possible, or tuck one leg completely up to my chest, meeting my 'tuck' pillow.
    I am also a 'falling asleep' kicker. just one kick.

I am just a weird sleeper. and the foot surgery problems have just made it worse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ever since I've gotten my mattress topper, I've had no problems sleeping as long as I've got my pillows tucked around me. Generally a side sleeper. Fans on, windows open (unless it's too hot and humid, then the a/c is on) and, probably warming blanket on. Bottle of water on the side table, at the ready. I do better if I've showered before I go to bed. I have been known to get up and shower if I can't sleep. After that, it's all over!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would never under any circumstances leave a foot uncovered..especially hanging over the bed. That is just asking for something to reach up and grab it. Sheesh.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

I too must shower before bed. If I go to bed without a shower, I lay there thinking how dirty I feel until I get up and take a shower.
    Also a side sleeper and sleep with my knees drawn up, one foot out of the covers, one hand tucked between my knees (this is the arm that draps over the baby pillow that is under my chin) and the other hand tucked in my armpit. Hubby has always laughed that I'm so "curled and tucked" when I sleep as he's a back sleeper with both arms thrown out on ether side of him.
    I also must have a glass of water beside the bed and I have to read at least 10 min. to an hour before I can fall asleep. I HAVE to read. If I don't read, I can't fall asleep.
    I also am a BIG turner. When I turn over to my other side, I apparantly heave myself over taking ALL the covers with me. Then the whole process starts again with covers pulled up to the chin, baby pillow in position and hands tucked.
    I cannot sleep on my back at all and I used to sleep on my stomach until I got pregnant and haven't been able to sleep on my stomach now for almost 18 years.

Conditions have to be perfect for me to fall asleep. Hubby says that I have more preparations for sleep than Nasa has for a launch.

Livin, my daughter feels like you do and also pulls the covers over her head so nothing can grab it.

ETA: I just got back from the ER (see troubles thread) and now must make the nightly ritual so I can sleep. It takes me about 30 min. at least to get all in readiness for "launch".
    And I really feel like I need a shower after being in the ER. You can just see the germs flying around in there.
    Last edited by MRD; 05-29-2008 at 12:13 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3027525;
    Not that weird, my father from what I've heard slept with a foot outside the blanket at all times.
    Just yesterday I was thinking about my grandpa and how he always had to sleep with one foot outside the blankets too. I agree that is just asking for something to grab it. In order for me to fall asleep easily I have to spoon with my husband until I almost doze off, then I turn over and fall asleep. He doesn't always go to bed when I do so a lot of nights I have to try and talk him into laying down with me until I fall asleep.

ah talk of how we sleep! I am a snuggler. No matter how hot it is, I have to snuggle my blanket. I have 4 pillows. One I sleep on, two are on each side of me directly touching me, and one I sleep with between my knees. When it's hot, i have my blanket pulled up around my torso. I think it's from when I was a kid and would sleep with my entire body covered with a blanket, edges tucked in under my body (especially the feet) with only my nose poking out for fresh air. I was convinced a monster would come and grab me if any part of my body was exposed. And I have no idea why. My brother or sister didn't try to convince me of it, my brain just thought of it on its own. But then for a while I also thought a scary clown lived in my closet, but I blame that on an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3027512;
    I have to be vertical with my baby pillow under my chin or I can't sleep.
    Of all the odd sleepinghabits I've ever seen or heard of---this is a first, and I'd like to see it

I'm another who can't sleep just anywhere, plus it takes at least 4 pillows before I have enough to go in each place I need one. My box fan has to be on to drown out all other noise--I can't sleep in a hotel of its too quiet, and have to tune the tv to a channel with no programming, for the white noise.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I can sleep anywhere, any time, in any position. I'm just lucky that way. I do like to have something covering me, but if it's hot, then I stick one foot out. It cools my whole body down. Now that my kitties are all grown up, I don't have to worry about anything attacking my foot!

+ Reply to Thread