+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7118Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3021579;
    Feel better soon, MRD!

I'm wondering if any other areas of the country are experiencing the horrible allergy season this year? Where I live in CA, it is the worst year in recent memory for allergy and/or asthma sufferers. Here in the valley, we are already one of the worst air quality areas of the nation -- and yet, this year, even those that don't normally suffer too much are having a terrible time! Sinus headaches are the norm - runny nose is constant - unbelievable! The drug companies LOVE us... Going to a drug store to purchase Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl, Sudafed, etc -- and you will find empty shelves...
    Oddly, this is the first spring in many years that my sinuses haven't bothered me. Go figure
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

This year I'm really getting kicked in the butt by allergies. Last year I had some mild ones but this year I feel like a Claritin commercial. So yes, Margaritaville, I feel like this is a bad allergy season. It's not me getting older or anything.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3021853;
    This year I'm really getting kicked in the butt by allergies. Last year I had some mild ones but this year I feel like a Claritin commercial. So yes, Margaritaville, I feel like this is a bad allergy season. It's not me getting older or anything.
    Okay - we know it's not a result of our gettig older... As if

Oh NO, it's NOT because we're getting older.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3021579;
    I'm wondering if any other areas of the country are experiencing the horrible allergy season this year? Where I live in CA, it is the worst year in recent memory for allergy and/or asthma sufferers....
    I'm having a hard time with outdoor allergies this season in San Diego -- which makes the indoor (dogs, cats, mold, etc.) and food allergies even harder. Even with Zyrtec and the newly OTC eyedrops every morning, I still find I have to use my inhaler for asthma more often than usual -- especially at the cafe where I meet my students in the morning, and people have their dander-laden mutts there. Really, I have nothing against pets, but I don't want them crawling on me!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Allergies were bad here too. For the first time in my life, I had allergy problems this spring.

This however is not an allergy. It's moved to my chest now and I have fever and just feel like poop on toast. Going back to bed which is where I spent most of yesterday.
    I like to be left alone and sleep when I'm sick.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just noticed your av MRD. You should also put a pic of a washpot with some dirty socks up sometime. Yummy.

This weekend my brother, nephew, DD, DS, and myself are going to paint the house. My brother seems to think we can get it done. It is a smallish ranch style with partial brick on the front so maybe we can. I'm going to do a lot of cooking beforehand so we don't eat out-that should save some money too.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3018873;
    ~buurrrrppppp~ Today was Company Picnic Day. I made the potato salad (Mom's fantabulous recipe ) and the Scandinavian blueberry-yogurt pie. My partner made the marinated, grilled chicken wings. I may not eat or move for the rest of the day. ~BRAAWWPPPP~ My partner's little boy is a bit careless with his food, so Gustav got a taste and is now trying to get his paws on the very limited leftovers.
    Lucky YOU! and Lucky Gustav! Glad you enjoyed your picnic!

I hope everyone gets over their allergies quickly!

lawn-mower.gif
    I`m going out to mow the lawn for the first time this year!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Yeah, lucky Gustav For his next three meals, I mixed the meat from a couple of wings into his dinner, which he loved The wings were gone on Sunday morning, so I put some cheese in with his kibble, which he normally considers to be fine dining Spoiled mutt gave it one sniff, plopped himself down with a big sigh, and just stared at his food bowl He still hadn't touched it by supper, so I picked the cheese out and substituded a scrambled egg. He finally ate it, but he was not enthusiastic
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

lol Newf. My cat does that if you try to feed her cat-tuna instead of people tuna!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread