+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Anyone know someplace I can get personalized book plates?

I googled some printing places online, but I'm telling you, it's so confusing and EXPENSIVE.

I was hoping someone else had used a company they could reccomend.
    Thanks
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Get in touch with my uncle--he will be making plates for the next ten-to-fifteen, and only gets 7 cents a day.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3006778;
    Get in touch with my uncle--he will be making plates for the next ten-to-fifteen, and only gets 7 cents a day.

I'm afraid those are a tad too big for my purposes. But the price is right.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3005964;
    . . . My cruel daughter managed to get photos of me falling out of my chair . . .
    That happened to me once, too. Sad to say, without ANY alcohol! Luckily, it was in the days before digital cameras and camera phones!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I got a great sign today!! Yes, I am one of those people who believes that "signs" play a part in my life! A glass bottle of olive oil fell to my tile kitchen floor from my countertop...knocked off when I was vacuuming...and it didn't break!!!! The cap was smashed, on one aspect, but everything else was fully intact. It has been my experience that very, very few things survive a crash to my tile floor. This is going to be a great day!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay: Yay, I hope you have a super day! I believe in signs too. Last night I was bidding on some antique jewellery on ebay and I missed out on 3 in a row by $1. Someone was automatic bidding I think. Anyway, I took it as a big sign that I leave ebay, step away from the computer and save my money for something necessary. It was a blessing in disguise!

MRD: LOL Those are funny photos. Beware, cameras lurk everywhere these days!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3006764;
    Anyone know someplace I can get personalized book plates?

I googled some printing places online, but I'm telling you, it's so confusing and EXPENSIVE.

I was hoping someone else had used a company they could reccomend.
    Thanks
    Why don't you design your own and just get some high quality paper and print them out. Or get someone you know who likes to work with graphics to make a few sample designs? I know 'someone' who might help if you aren't in a huge hurry.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

For fear that the How Are Your Neighbors thread is getting off topic I decided to post this here.

Last week my husband and I went to the grocery store. When we first walked in there was a little girl about 3-4 yrs old. She was already crying about something and Dad told her she needed to stop crying and acting out or they were going to leave without anything. She calmed down a little but I could still hear her argueing about wanting something as they walked away. We stood by the counter talking to a friend of my husbands when about a full 5mins later I hear that girl screaming and its getting closer. Then I hear dad say, "No! Just keep going." Then she went walking past still screaming with dad right behind her, looking all kinds of stressed out and embaressed, and they headed straight out the door.

While all the other customers were looking disgusted I wanted to cheer the guy. I thought it was great that he not only told the girl what the consequenses were going to be but he also followed through. I would almost put money on it that the next time they go to the store she won't act like that. I feel sorry for the guy that he is now going to have to make another trip to the store but he really proved he's got some parenting skills. More parents should do this and it will make their next trip to the store easier. All they have to say is, "Do you want to leave now?" and the kid will believe that they mean it.

I so wish more parents would do that.... I have never had an issue with my child in the store (thank God above for that) as he knew what behavior was expected and the consequences of misbehaving. It's not rocket science. And lest they forget - a little "look" from mom serves as a subtle reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3015897;
    I so wish more parents would do that.... I have never had an issue with my child in the store (thank God above for that) as he knew what behavior was expected and the consequences of misbehaving. It's not rocket science. And lest they forget - a little "look" from mom serves as a subtle reminder.
    Agreed......My kids have known since they were little that they get one warning from me. If I threatened to take something away from them that they were using as a weapon or to leave somewhere that they were causing chaos, I meant it. My son learned that the hard way the second time his Happy Meal toy was flung at my head from the backseat of the car and I threw it out the window.

+ Reply to Thread