+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My word of the day: ratiocinate
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3001067;
    Those are pantry pests and can somehow get into things like boxed pasta and rice. Even ones that are sealed. I've emptied many a box of pasta into boiling water only to discover the larva floating in there.
    This product is similar to the sticky tape but it's made specifically for these pests. I keep it in the cupboard with my dry goods and haven't had a problem since.
    http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.com/cgi-bin/pestcontrol.storefront/EN/catalog/1103
    Thank you Bunny! I thought it was the fresh veggies but after your post I did some major cleaning and you are absolutely right. I had to toss a big bag of whole wheat flour and some Jasmine rice but I think I got it. The moths were also in our hamster food which I think was the original culprit. They were all over in that bag. I think I caught it early so there's no damage to my rice-a-roni but THANK YOU, thank you, thank you! If I hadn't followed your link I would've just kept up with the tape and not cleaned out the pantry. You saved me lots of money. I hate being an adult sometimes. Remember when you were a kid and you never thought about this stuff?? Grr, I'd never heard of pantry moths. Stupid bugs.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I've never heard of pantry moths, either. You've taught me something. See??? There can be advantages to not being a wizard in the kitchen! I'm feeling better and better about my lack of kitchen abilities.....now, if I could just stop buying kitchen gadgets!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

We grilled out with friends last night for my birthday. My cruel daughter managed to get photos of me falling out of my chair and rolling down the hill.
    Because I have NO shame, I will post a couple of them.

In the first one, you see my friend Carroll and I am in the background going over.

Let me just say that the party had JUST started and I had only had 1 beer at this point. I was not hammered. Just klutzy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

As long as you're okay that's all that matters!! It does look kind of funny though

Let me just say that the party had JUST started and I had only had 1 beer at this point. I was not hammered. Just klutzy.
    Sure, uh huh.:-D Btw, who's face is your friend fanning her self with?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

CCL

Oh, MRD, that did make me chuckle. I've had that happen to me, too, with a chair - no one took a picture though! Sounds like you had a fun day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3006061;
    Btw, who's face is your friend fanning her self with?
    I was wondering that, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Those pictures are so funny, mrd!

I love to find fellow sisters in klutziness!

I'm wondering how big that 1 beer was! Glad you had a good time!

MRD

My friend Carl who passed away in 2006 has the birthday the day before mine. One year we gave a surprise party for him and everyone had his face on a stick. It was on the cake, on t-shirts, etc. It was a scream. It became such a funny thing over the years after that and it kept showing up places that we used that at his memorial service in 2006. Since he and I always celebrated our birthday's together, I always get out his face on a stick so we can continue to celebrate together. Since my daughter was trying to take a picture of me and my friend and Carl together, I have said it was all Carl's fault. And it was a regular size bottled beer.

It was funny. I've laughed about it since then. I'm always falling down and there was one other time that Carl was ordering me around at a 4th of July event and I fell down, so it's appropriate to say it was his fault this time too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread