+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2996298;
    What's the purple koolaid?
    I don't know if you're actually asking, but I thought I'd answer anyway . The koolaid references allude to Jim Jones' cult and the fact that they all drank the poisoned koolaid as a group.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2997608;
    I don't know if you're actually asking, but I thought I'd answer anyway . The koolaid references allude to Jim Jones' cult and the fact that they all drank the poisoned koolaid as a group.
    And you know to this day I really don't like grape koolaide
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I've never liked any kind of kool-aid?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't like Kool-Aid either. I got in SERIOUS trouble as a child because I poured Grape Kool-Aid on a white dog that belonged to friends of my parents. The dog was purple and I was grounded for at least two weeks.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

The other day I heard someone raising sin because they thought a comment about 'kool-aid drinkers' referred to poor people drinking koolaid instead of something else I tried to explain about te Guyana thing and just got a nasty look.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2997608;
    I think now its become a kind of pop culture reference and alludes to any cult like activity. But mostly it's used now as a joke about cults like our ped egg cult.

I don't like koolaid either and I never gave it to my daughter growing up. Of course, NOW she likes it. I always hated to have the red or purple koolaid mustache.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I also have never cared for kool-aid. Just cannot stand sugary drinks in any form. Ice water, iced tea (unsweetened - naked is the term I use), and diet soda occasionally. My husband grew up on kool-aid and loves it to this day, but my son seems to follow in my footsteps - won't drink it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I"ve finally got the kids at the community center to stop sticking their top lips down into their drinks when they are not using straws....be it milk, milk shakes, or soft drinks. This one silly little guy drank his vanilla milk shake, got the huge white "mustache" and, when I commented on it, he wiped the entire mustache up the long sleeve of his uniform shirt!! He only did that once, with me. Haven't seen a mustache since! He opens that mouth up wide! They are so funny!!! Poor thing's name is Ira. What was his mother thinking??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks be my kids only drank it for a week...and this after I caught them putting DOUBLE the amount of sugar in it..(koolaid)
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I was never allowed to drink it either but I did use it to color my hair "back in the day"
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread