+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6376Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well guess what I have??

Smooth feet! yup I finally got my ped egg for Mother's Day and that thing is a miracle. DD got me a quesdilla maker...(I'm thinking it something she wanted)

Did anyone read this article? The lady says she can remember EVERYTHING from the age of 8 on. A blessing or curse?
    Book Review: 'The Woman Who Can't Forget' | Newsweek Culture | Newsweek.com
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Thanks for your good wishes everyone! I'm finally feeling a bit better today. Like half-alive. I got some good rest and although I'm still doing the coughing, sneezing, sniffling thing, my throat is so much better I don't have to cry just to swallow! Love that anesthetic spray.

I woke up feeling like this is just a new day. A good day to think about throwing out old stuff, organizing my house and yard, and getting some things in order. I hope it lasts. If not, I can always take a nap.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I forgot to tell you guys that the other day, I lost my Mom. As in couldn't find her. How do you lose a Mom you ask? Well, she tells you where her car broke down, you get the message that she's been there for two hours already, and then you quickly rush off and go to the entirely wrong store in the opposite direction. Then, you worry because not only is her car not there, but you've lost your mom!

You try to guess what she really said as obviously you misheard something and had brain freeze, so you go to two other places you think could be where she is stranded. And inbetween, you try to find a payphone (good luck with that)and tell your Dad that it's ok, you're going to pick up Mom. (only that you've lost her and can't remember what she said on the message machine).

So after borrowing a nice phone from a security officer, and leaving countless messages, I admit defeat and return to my home to check the original message. Not only did I go to the wrong London Drugs store, but my Dad is there and they are now wondering what happened to me!

So, I get back in my car, and drive to meet them. There in the parking lot is my Mom, sitting in her car looking ok. I was so relieved. My Dad, was no longer to be seen. When I asked where he was, my Mom said they saw ambulances and sirens go by and thought I'd had an accident, so my Dad drove to my house to see if I was ok. But he only found the kitties snoozing.

Minutes later, my Dad pulls up and we have a 3 car chat. It ends up that my Mom could start her car when he arrived so we were just going to go our separate ways. We all start our cars up again, except Mom. Her car has died again. So my Dad backs up and wants to give my Mom's car a boost. Well, he has a pacemaker and isn't supposed to work on cars at all so I intervene, hook up the cables and we give her a boost. Finally, everyone's cars are running and we are headed home. My Dad follows my Mom to make sure her car doesn't stop on the way home. I tell my Dad to call me when he gets home so I know they are both ok.

Well, half an hour goes by, an hour goes by and I'm worried sick. I'm throwing on my coat and shoes, picturing both of them stranded blocks from their home, and call their house. Dad answers like nothing's wrong.

Ahhhhh! I hate it when I lose parents and they don't call to let me know they are safe at home! Seniors. They have no idea what they put their children through. LOL.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Oh, Miss Kitty, it almost sounded like Keystone Kops to me! Glad you're finally feeling better and that everyone got home ok!

MRD

Miss Kitty, I used to lose my mom in stores all the time. I spent most of my time running up and down the aisles looking for her. She rode one of those scooters, so she was sitting down which means you can't see her.

I'm glad you got things worked out and found your parents.

Livin, welcome to the ped egg cult. I'm passing you the cup of purple koolaid now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was going to be joining the ped egg cult and have my purple koolaid too but we never got around to getting one for Mother's Day. I say mr buglover needs to go out and purchase one now!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

What's the purple koolaid?

LOL just thought of a fun game. Everyone right click on their mouse and see what comes up next time you post.

The dirty dozen: 12 plants to avoid - SlideShow - MSN Real Estate - 1

this is what came up for me..

Oh yeah, 1400 posts for me! Lets see, I'll be up to about 4000 in 2013 at this rate..

This morning on my way to work I was in a bit of traffic and suddenly there was a tire piece in the road. There was no way any of us could avoid it since we had no way out of the lane with all the traffic around us. I hit it but it went up under my car and passed out the back. So far no real damage but man that was scary! I'm going to get under the car when I get home to make sure it didn't cause any damage. Big trucks blow their tires often and never know it happens because they have so many.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2994640;
    Well guess what I have??

Smooth feet! yup I finally got my ped egg for Mother's Day and that thing is a miracle. DD got me a quesdilla maker...(I'm thinking it something she wanted)

Did anyone read this article? The lady says she can remember EVERYTHING from the age of 8 on. A blessing or curse?
    Book Review: 'The Woman Who Can't Forget' | Newsweek Culture | Newsweek.com
    I was thinking that it was more then apropos to give that for Mother's day.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread