+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485868788899091929394951351855851085 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 25491
Like Tree7219Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #841
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Well folks this is the last week of this part of my life. I'm a loner and prefer my own company to most anyone elses but after this week, I will be attached at the hip to the retiree! Yipee! I won't be on Fort as much since the man can't entertain himself for squat. And most of his entertainment involves manual labor. He already has projects planned for US that will probably last the rest of my natural life.

    I'm happy for him that he can at last sleep past daylight if he chooses, and can actually stay up to watch Letterman, but I'm feeling sorry for myself. He retires but what about me, me, me?

    Muduh, 6 months after my dad retired, my mom went back to work!

    He needs a hobby. One that only he can do. Like fishing or something. Habitat is a GREAT idea for him. They are such a great project and they need people with skills. My husband has always said that when he retires, he's going to go volunteer for Habitat. Maybe your involvement with habitat could be to make cookies for the workers once a week or so and send them with your hubby when he volunteers.

    I'd flat out tell him. "I'm so happy you are going to be home and I look forward to having time together, but we also need time apart or our time together isn't going to be as much fun if we are together too much. YOu need friends and hobbies and I need friends and hobbies so that when we are together, we have something else to talk about other than how much you are getting on my last nerve!!!!" (sorry, you don't have to add that last part )

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    ...you're Lucy and I'm Ethel

    Friday when we were icing the cupcakes for the yardsale/bake sale--had cupcakes all down the counter, kids with gloves on...had a production going...I said "this is like Lucy's candy factory...........they all looked up at me like "HuH???? Oh well
    __________________

    Should we change our screen names? Oh wait, Lucy is already taken on here.

    I know exactly what you mean about the candy factory. LOVED that show so much.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-23-2006 at 04:42 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  2. #842
    She luvs me not?!?!?! Vonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Should we change our screen names? Oh wait, Lucy is already taken on here.

    I know exactly what you mean about the candy factory. LOVED that show so much
    Lucy #2 and Ethel #2 ???

    and the funny thing about it (our cupcake factory) the kids didn't have a clue what I was talking about...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

  3. #843
    Amethyst Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,091
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Oh, now you are getting picky missy! I provide entertainment and you want MORE!!!!


    I do want more. I also imagined you running towards te garbage truck with rollers in your hair. But that one was for fun, Id expect britney to do that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  4. #844
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Lucy #2 and Ethel #2 ???

    and the funny thing about it (our cupcake factory) the kids didn't have a clue what I was talking about...

    Oh kids today never do. Before we moved to SC, most of my friends were quite a bit younger than I was. I'm 44 and they were in the early to mid 30's range. I'd make a reference to soemthing and they'd look at me like I had two heads or say: Oh, that's when I was FIVE! Talk about making you feel old. Because I don't feel 44 and I'm told I don't look 44, but any reference I made to the 1970's got met with groans as they had NO clue.

    I remember one time saying I remember watching the news as the last helicopter lifted off the embassy in Saigon in 1975 and my friend actually asked: "Where's Saigon and why were they taking people off the roof of the embassy?"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #845
    She luvs me not?!?!?! Vonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,730
    myrosiedog
    I remember Mom telling me "I feel so young inside--until I look in the mirror"
    I'm older than you, but I have a lot of younger friends too....I just feel young inside like my mom

    I remember watching the landing on the moon....Bobby Kennedy's assassination....JFK's....I'm old..and hope to get much older
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

  6. #846
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I remember one time saying I remember watching the news as the last helicopter lifted off the embassy in Saigon in 1975 and my friend actually asked: "Where's Saigon and why were they taking people off the roof of the embassy?"
    That's pretty sad, myrosiedog. My nephew knows about the fall of Saigon and he's a teenager. My guess is you're pretty well read and know about history and world topics. There are plenty of people our age who don't--it's not just people who weren't born then. If that were the case, I'd look at a picture of Hitler and say, "Who's that? I wasn't born then." "Who's Elvis Presley? I wasn't born then." OK, those are extreme examples... But I can't stand it when people use the "I wasn't born then" rationalization as an excuse to be ignorant. Some people truly don't know but some think it's cute to be ignorant.

    And on a lighter note, I'm with Amy Lee. I envisioned you running after the garbage collectors with curlers in your hair.

  7. #847
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    There are plenty of people our age who don't--it's not just people who weren't born then. If that were the case, I'd look at a picture of Hitler and say, "Who's that? I wasn't born then." "Who's Elvis Presley? I wasn't born then." OK, those are extreme examples... But I can't stand it when people use the "I wasn't born then" rationalization as an excuse to be ignorant. Some people truly don't know but some think it's cute to be ignorant.
    A few years ago I actually saw some man-on-the-street type interviews on the news, and there were people who had never heard of Kennedy, the Beatles or Watergate because "that was before I was born". . That has me wondering why I remember the Teapot Dome scandal, the Civil War, the Norman invasion and Hannibal crossing the alps - just how old am I, anyway?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  8. #848
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    That's pretty sad, myrosiedog. My nephew knows about the fall of Saigon and he's a teenager. My guess is you're pretty well read and know about history and world topics. There are plenty of people our age who don't--it's not just people who weren't born then. If that were the case, I'd look at a picture of Hitler and say, "Who's that? I wasn't born then." "Who's Elvis Presley? I wasn't born then." OK, those are extreme examples... But I can't stand it when people use the "I wasn't born then" rationalization as an excuse to be ignorant. Some people truly don't know but some think it's cute to be ignorant.

    And on a lighter note, I'm with Amy Lee. I envisioned you running after the garbage collectors with curlers in your hair.

    Sorry to disappoint you and Amy Lee, but I don't do curlers. my hair is stick straight and meant to stay that way. Used to do curlers and after all the hassle, my hair was straight again in 2 hours.

    I do have fuzzy slippers tho, didn't have them on that day. But I was wearing my green plaid flannel pj's that look like the print from my Catholic school uniform when I was a kid and a t-shirt that did not match and unfortunately no bra, so I'm sure the running was REAL attractive at that point. Lucky I didn't give myself a black eye. Hmm, could be why he was so nice??? Ya think???

    -----------------------
    I hear you Rattus and Lois, I must be ancient too as I also recall the Battle of Bunker Hill, Lewis and Clark and the Alamo.
    It used to irritate the crap out of me that people were so ignorant about the world around them too. No clue as to what is on the news at night, but can tell you all the details on the Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise and Jessica Simpson.

    We found the library today and got cards and I came out of there with: Manhunt: The 12 day hunt for Lincoln's killer, Memories of John Lennon, Dream a Little Dream of Me: the Mama Cass Elliot story (I found the biography section first) and Take It Back by James Carville. I am on another discussion group and books came up tonight and I put up what I had checked out and every single one of them said: why would you read those? And who is James Carville? Their book reading consisted of Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele. I'm going to have to find another group that reads better stuff. NOt that I like a trashy novel occasionally, but sometimes I want to expand my mind a bit ya know?
    I'm currently reading a book by Dale Brown that was written in 1993and it almost exactly predicts 9/11. It has given me goosebumps to read it because the similarities have been too weird. It's a novel called STorming Heaven.

    Well, at least my husband is fairly well read and up on news and politics so I have someone to talk to about stuff like that as my girlfriends seem to all want to be sadly ignorant. I had one tell me in 2004 that she was voting for George Bush because she didn't like John Kerry's hair. WHAT??? I asked her if she knew ANYTHING about what either candidate was promising. Nope, not a thing. It was the hair that convinced her. I just thought you aren't choosing a boyfriend, you're choosing a president, learn more about the issues and focus less on the haircut. Geez.
    I think that we ought to be able to have the right to make a citizen's confiscation of a voting registration card when you hear stuff like that. Nope, hand it over, you're too stupid to vote.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-23-2006 at 10:30 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #849
    FORT Fogey Muduh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    myrosiedog
    I remember Mom telling me "I feel so young inside--until I look in the mirror"
    I'm older than you, but I have a lot of younger friends too....I just feel young inside like my mom

    I remember watching the landing on the moon....Bobby Kennedy's assassination....JFK's....I'm old..and hope to get much older
    I feel like your Mom. I look in the mirror and see Maxine.

    I once shook hands with Harry Truman. Anyone know who HE was?

  10. #850
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I once shook hands with Harry Truman. Anyone know who HE was?
    No, that was before I was born.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.