+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4456Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2963994;
    Her sleep schedule has definitely changed within the last few days to the point where i don't know if she's sleeping anymore. Also, i think she thinks she owns my bed.
    Actually the sentence SHOULD read - You think YOU own your bed!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2963903;
    Seriously! I'm constantly amazed every time I go to a restaurant -- even NICE ones where I don't expect to see the little demon spawns -- how many people should have been spayed due to their obvious inability to be effective parents. Case in point: on Friday my husband and I went to an upscale restaurant for lunch, with the expectation (silly us!) that, given the time and location, there would be no kids. I don't know if we have a sign on our foreheads that says "Seat us next to the most obnoxious brats you can find" or what, but, sure enough, our what-was-supposed-to-be-romantic lunch was constantly interrupted by screaming kids. The parents kept giving empty threats: "If you're not quiet, we'll have to leave," etc. Of course, they didn't leave -- and, to top it off, the little monsters were rewarded with an effin' dessert. Really, I wish I could find a restaurant that banned kids! This happens all the time. I expect it in crappy places like Denny's, but now even the upscale places aren't safe!

I have asked for another seat before because of kids like that. On several occasions. I explain to the host/hostess that I would rather not sit next to children. I know it makes me look like an evil witch, but I'd rather not have my meal spoiled. Usually the restaurant understands.

My capris were $4.00 each. So for $16 I got 4 pairs. You can't even buy one pair for that (unless its at Walmart).

I don't always find stuff when I shop the thrift stores. My daughter shops them a lot, so I guess the key is to go often as the merchandise is constantly changing. We go a couple times a month and this is the first time I've gotten so much. Usually I don't get anything. Except for books. I've had a pretty good run on books lately at the thrift stores. So much better paying 50 cents for a book than the regular price.

So I've noticed that the General Discussion forum has been really quiet lately. Either everyone's out enjoying spring or you are all busy with your ped eggs. Going to have some good looking feet here on Fort.
    Last edited by MRD; 05-02-2008 at 08:20 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Yeah, are those ped eggs addictive?

Stop with the ped egg talk. I'm waiting (with fingers crossed) for mothers day before I get mine.

MRD I like thrift shops too. But my all time favorite are auctions! Specifically embroidered pillowcases. I have a thing for them. I probably about about 50 sets now and won't sleep on anything else.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2964546;
    Yeah, are those ped eggs addictive?
    Only if you like soft, smooth feet in the comfort of your own home!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2964568;

Stop with the ped egg talk. I'm waiting (with fingers crossed) for mothers day before I get mine.
    Hey! Don't blame us because you won't take a little time to spoil yourself, and we will!!! You are so going to kick yourself when you find out the pleasure you have been putting off for NO good reason!! Well, luckily you don't have long to wait.

AmyLee, you really should post your kitty questions/info in the Animal Lovers thread since that is where all of the best advice lies. And expect your kitty to be "crazy and busy" for a good period of time. When they are young, they act just like young children with lots of energy!!! And just think....teen years!!! My youngest kitty is almost 3 years old, and she still has whacked-out spurts of behavior. The older 2 are much more settled and staid, but that didn't come over night or even within the first few years.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amy Lee: What a nice looking kitty!! I'm sure things will settle down in time...like in 10 years

Bunny: Meowza, that would be scary knowing your son is sleepwalking. Is he able to actually unlock doors? You may need to install something so that he can't leave the house easily. Maybe a doctor who specializes in sleepwalking can make some recommendations to you.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My mom used to tell me stories of her sleepwalking out the front door as a child and down the street. My grandmother bolted the front door with a key lock for a few years until my mother grew out of it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

We used to have a door alarm. It hung on the doorknob and connected via a chain like chain locks. If the door was opened, the chain came off and the alarm sounded. That might be a solution Bunny. The alarm is loud enough it would probably wake your son while he's sleepwalking and before he gets ou t of the house. I'm thinking my dad got it at Radio Shack. This was several years ago, but I would think that you might be able to find something similar.

I did a ginormous favor for the musuem today and was rewarded with symphony tickets for tomorrow night. I am so excited. It is the Greenville Symphony and Chorale with a guest soprano and mezzo soprano doing Mahler's Resurrection Symphony. And the seats are fantastic! Seats I could never afford on my own. I am so happy. But I would have done the favor even without the dangling carrot of symphony tickets. It has definetly been a bonus week around here. A freezer and tickets.

See, being a "good" girl brings good karma. If only I could make Waldo understand that concept.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Waldo already has good karma for a canine, he ended up with you didn't he?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Nevermind the Pedegg for a second, does any one here have the Bob 5 in 1 clock? I can't wait to buy it. It looks too good.

Brookstone: “Bob” 5-in-1 Wobble Clock Special Offer!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread