+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

At 200 pounds many parents become afraid or so I've been told and thats where the control gets lost. Actually the kid probably has controlled the parents for years.

myrosiedog - Read like you had a great shopping trip, and that freezer! Woo Hoo!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2963355;
    Ellen-calm down! I didn't click on the link. K? I called the IRS and they said all info of that type goes thru the post office.
    Sorry! I posted my response before reading the rest of the posts -- oops! (Me and my big mouth keyboard! )

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2963355;
    Pub crawl tomorrow. Hope it's not another frat/mom thing.
    I still haven't decided whether those mother/son frat pub crawl things are more funny than creepy or more creepy than funny.
    But with Mother's Day coming up, well . . .
    Hey -- do the flower shops in your neck of the woods make special pub-crawl Mother's Day corsages?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2963370;
    At 200 pounds many parents become afraid or so I've been told and thats where the control gets lost. Actually the kid probably has controlled the parents for years.

myrosiedog - Read like you had a great shopping trip, and that freezer! Woo Hoo!
    I LOVE thrift stores, you find some really cool and unusual things. And you gotta LOVE free stuff, like the freezer! I can now really shop the good sales at this locally owned store that has great meat prices. I hold off when I'm in there, but I really could go crazy now that I have a freezer. They have chicken leg quarters for 59 cents a pound this week and bogo country hams. I now have enough room for 2 hams and 10 pounds of chicken leg quarters and some of the other great sales they have. You cannot beat 10 lbs of chicken for $5.90, I don't care who you are.

And now that I've learned to flash freeze veggies, I can do that when the farmers market opens this week too. Looking forward to Sat. morning and the farmer's market.

Oh and I don't know if you guys remember that I am going to need a formal in the fall? But I found one today in my size that was drop dead gorgeous for $40 at one of the thrift stores. I didn't buy it and it may not be there when I need one, but it looked brand new. I'm going to kick myself for not getting it, but I couldn't justify it just yet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD - How much were the capris?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have never understood why parents don't take control of their children while they are very small. These little people should come from the cradle knowing who is the boss...no debate. Dr. Phil is known for saying, "Children join OUR lives; we don't join theirs." Life would be so much easier if folks would get that through their heads! Why wait until you have to deal with a 200 pound person, and then have to "woe is me" over it?? Some things just irritate the "you know what" out of me.

mrd, with the freezer........You Lucky Duck!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow, that is a lot of bargains for one day, mrd. I'm jealous, I hardly ever find stuff I need at thrift stores.

livin4reality That is so sad about the 13 year old boy who passed away. It's just terrible that some leave us so early.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2963666;
    I have never understood why parents don't take control of their children while they are very small. These little people should come from the cradle knowing who is the boss...no debate. Dr. Phil is known for saying, "Children join OUR lives; we don't join theirs." Life would be so much easier if folks would get that through their heads! Why wait until you have to deal with a 200 pound person, and then have to "woe is me" over it?? Some things just irritate the "you know what" out of me.
    I agree. My friend has 3 boys, all bigger than her but they jump when she says frog just because she had control when they were younger and she kept it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2963666;
    I have never understood why parents don't take control of their children while they are very small. . .
    Seriously! I'm constantly amazed every time I go to a restaurant -- even NICE ones where I don't expect to see the little demon spawns -- how many people should have been spayed due to their obvious inability to be effective parents. Case in point: on Friday my husband and I went to an upscale restaurant for lunch, with the expectation (silly us!) that, given the time and location, there would be no kids. I don't know if we have a sign on our foreheads that says "Seat us next to the most obnoxious brats you can find" or what, but, sure enough, our what-was-supposed-to-be-romantic lunch was constantly interrupted by screaming kids. The parents kept giving empty threats: "If you're not quiet, we'll have to leave," etc. Of course, they didn't leave -- and, to top it off, the little monsters were rewarded with an effin' dessert. Really, I wish I could find a restaurant that banned kids! This happens all the time. I expect it in crappy places like Denny's, but now even the upscale places aren't safe!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2959536;
    They are inherently nocturnal, so that's the way they always start out. Given a little time, though, she should be adapting more to your schedule. We've never had a cat that didn't eventually take to sleeping with us at night.
    Her sleep schedule has definitely changed within the last few days to the point where i don't know if she's sleeping anymore. Also, i think she thinks she owns my bed.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with someone who sleepwalks? My 15 year old son has had this problem for probably 10 years. This happens about once every couple of weeks and usually he just kind of wanders around the house mumbling until I convince him to get back into his bed. Tonight he scared the living daylights out of me. About half an hour ago he walked past me in the living room and started heading for the front door. I asked him what he was doing and he mumbled something about needing to get to baseball practice. I informed him that it was the middle of the night and he needed to get back to bed. He got really upset and said, very clearly, "I have to go, I can't be late".
    I literally had to stand between him and the door. He is 6' tall and I am 5'2 on a good day. I told him that the practice was cancelled and to go back to bed. He finally did but I am freaked out. I work nights about 3 days of the week, and if this had happened while I was not here...well I don't even want to think about that
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread