+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

prhoshay, I'm glad to hear that your dentist is being conservative. I had a root canal done. They're not as bad, but the bruising afterwards is what actually is the most tender and bothersome.

yeah it was a scam. The IRS said they would never email something like that.

Just found out a friend of my daughter's died. Brain cancer, he was only 13. Last time I saw him about a month ago, I was giving him rides home (he was only doing half days due to chemo) he was so excited. Said the doctors told him he could try school full time and go out for track. He was a sweet kid. Talked very matter of factly about his condition, but he was scared. So very sad when someone young passes.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Oh, that's so sad, livin4reality. I hope your daughter is coping with the loss. It's so difficult with someone that young dies.

Awww that's really sad livin. My prayers are with his family and those who knew him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

livin4reality I'm so sorry to hear about such a sad passing. I offer my small condolences for your family and for the family of the young man who passed.

MRD

Livin, I am so sorry to hear that. It's so sad. Prayers go out to you and your daughter as well as this brave young man's family.

On another note, I think I saw something today that is a comment on the state of our economy.
    We were in search of a lampshade today and some uniform pants for my daughter. I refuse to pay the $ for a new shade, so we did 2 Goodwill stores, the Salvation Army Thrift Shop and another very large Thrift store. In every store it was pretty crowded for a weekday afternoon, but what I think was the comment on the economy was that most of the shoppers seemed to be what I would call fairly well to do middle class women. Usually I see a mix of types of shoppers, but we saw several today that I seriously would never have thought I'd see shopping in those kinds of stores. More than I usually see as we are frequent thrift store shoppers ourselves.
    My daughter got 3 pair of black pants as she has to wear those for her upcoming school and I got 4 pair of capris (2 still had store tags on them!!!) and I FINALLY got a waffle iron (been wanting one forever) for $2. I got a lampshade for $2 and a desk lamp which was sorely needed for another $2. It was $2 day I think.
    I really needed some pants and was relieved to find some that look great and I didn't have to pay full value either.

Another good thing happened today too. My husband had to go to Myrtlebeach yesterday and it was supposed to be a round trip in a day and they had to end up staying over, but, the restaurant that they were working in gave him an upright large freezer they were going to get rid of! So he arrived home this morning, tired, a little put out for having to spend the night unprepared, but with a working freezer! Now I can really shop the meat sales and hopefully save us even more money!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2962776;
    yeah it was a scam. The IRS said they would never email something like that.

Just found out a friend of my daughter's died. Brain cancer, he was only 13. Last time I saw him about a month ago, I was giving him rides home (he was only doing half days due to chemo) he was so excited. Said the doctors told him he could try school full time and go out for track. He was a sweet kid. Talked very matter of factly about his condition, but he was scared. So very sad when someone young passes.
    I am so sorry to hear that, livin4reality. His family is in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2962097;
    This AM I received an email from the IRS. (we do our taxes online) saying basically we owe you more money. It went into my spam folder. A helpful link is provided. Should I click it? Call IRS? any advice? help!
    NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!

Do NOT click that link! If the IRS believes that you owe more money, the IRS sends you an old-fashioned snail-mail letter -- even if you file electronically. In the letter, they have to tell you how they calculated the amount -- which lines and figures on the form were involved, etc. -- with a detailed explanation. They NEVER send official notices via e-mail. The e-mail you got is certainly a hoax perpetrated by some criminal who wants to steal not only your money, but also your identity.

There may be a place on the IRS Web site that'll tell you how to report a hoax.

But you don't have to contact the IRS unless they contact you via regular postal mail.

There was a story on the news recently about phishers pretending to be the IRS, and the spokesperson from the IRS said that they never, ever send notices nor request information from people via e-mail.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thank you'all for the kind condolences. The school is having a memorial for him.

Ellen-calm down! I didn't click on the link. K? I called the IRS and they said all info of that type goes thru the post office.

Had an incidence on my bus this AM of bullying. I was picking up extra kids (from a known problem route) to help out. All was fine until we were unloading at the school. I looked in my overhead mirror to see a big (200lb) boy grabbing another kid in a headlock and pulling him down. Ah this stuff happens so fast and my mother mode clicked in.. I jumped up and very loudly and coldly told the kid to let go and have a seat that I was calling the principal. He came up the aisle at me telling me that NO he was getting off the bus RIGHT NOW. Starting to push me with his body. I stood my ground and told him the door is not opening until you sit down. You are preventing the other kids from getting off the bus. So he sits down, kids get off and principal comes. I tell what happened, principal knows this kid very well.

Later DD tells me this kid is in her class and does this type of behavior all the time. (pushing/blocking others in the hallways etc) I'm pretty easy going about most things but when it comes to kids and bullys I have no middle ground.

Pub crawl tomorrow. Hope it's not another frat/mom thing.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Livin, good for you for standing up to the bully. There should be zero tolerance for that type of behavior and I hope the school is able to do something about him. Unfortunately, from the sound of things, if he is a repeat problem, the parents don't sound like they do anything to stop him either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread