+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7110Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Of course she wants to sleep during the day and play at night. It's rule #10 on how to keep the human on their toes!!. Just a note on clipping the claws, don't go beyond the pink quick, I usually just clip the tips anyway and do it weekly.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2959231;
    The only thing that's weirded me out was that she sleeps in the daytime and wants to play at night,
    They are inherently nocturnal, so that's the way they always start out. Given a little time, though, she should be adapting more to your schedule. We've never had a cat that didn't eventually take to sleeping with us at night.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This AM I received an email from the IRS. (we do our taxes online) saying basically we owe you more money. It went into my spam folder. A helpful link is provided. Should I click it? Call IRS? any advice? help!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I would call IRS. I know there are some scams going around regarding IRS these days. I'd definitely check it out before opening the e-mail. Let us know how you make out!

Leo
    Premium Member

That sounds like a scam to me. I would not click the link at all.

call the IRS - do not click anything in that email.
    "What's New in IRS Scams?": Tech Support from Ask Dave Taylor!

This is just one of over 1,000 IRS scams that is currently circulating. With the tax season upon us, scammers are now pulling out all the stops to fool their victims.

My brother recently got a call telling him that he could get his tax refund that's part of the economic stimulus package early - and not have to wait until May or later. He almost gave his savings account number, but then he got suspicious. Now he wonders. Is this a scam?

Yes, it's a scam. Even before Congress passed the $170 billion stimulus package to boost the economy, scammers started calling people to get their bank account and credit card information, so they could steal money, identities, or both.

Some scammers even claimed that you would lose your refund if you didn't give them your personal and financial information immediately.

This is just one of over 1,000 IRS scams that is currently circulating. With the tax season upon us, scammers are now pulling out all the stops to fool their victims.

Here are some of the most popular IRS scams that are currently making the rounds...

"We owe you money" is a common theme as it is sure to get the recipient's attention quickly. The sender of this particular phishing email seeks to gain access to your financial information by having you enter your details into a form on the fake IRS site.
    In "the reward" scam, criminals telephone taxpayers advising that by filing your tax return early, you will qualify for a small reward, but they need your bank information in order to pay you.

The "take an IRS customer survey" scam offers a fake reward in exchange for your vital information.

"You're under investigation" is enough to scare many people into doing whatever the writer of this email scam asks. Basically, it states that you filed a false tax return and must review an attachment to the email to learn more. Never open such attachments as they contain computer viruses that put your computer at risk.

"You're being audited" is another alarming email that scammers send to gain access to your information. In this email, you are given a mere 48 hours to respond, or be penalized. Once again, the link within the email for your response goes to a fake site.

Here are four key points to remember when you receive any email or phone call offer that appears to be from the IRS:

1. The IRS will never contact you by phone or email to ask for your personal information, or to notify you of any refunds coming your way. If it's necessary for the government to communicate with you, they will do so by regular mail.

2. You will never be asked to click over to the government site to enter your financial or other private information.

3. The IRS will not telephone you with offers and ask for your details.

4. The IRS does not offer rewards for filing early tax returns.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2962097;
    This AM I received an email from the IRS. (we do our taxes online) saying basically we owe you more money. It went into my spam folder. A helpful link is provided. Should I click it? Call IRS? any advice? help!
    I'm pretty sure IRS would never email you, and these scams are common. I for sure wouldn't click that link, or any other in a message about money! Instead type out irs.gov yourself in your browser, and go to the site that way. Then get the phone number off the website and call it. NEver use the phone numbers or web links on email that's supposedly from the IRS, your bank, paypal, your credit card company or anything of that nature. It will save you a lot of pain.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I totally agree with queenb - Even when I get the emails each month that tell me my statement is available, or for bills that are coming due, I never click the links in the emails. I always just go to the site and access my accounts.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I will NEVER, EVER click on any link in an email. If it does look like something I would want to see, I will go directly to a known site or google for a real site.
    I got one once from what appeared to be our trash collection service wanting me to do a survey and improve my service. First I check their site to see if they know about it, or have an email I can forward it to. although it is a bother, I do feel it is worth it to inform them that someone is using their name for this type of stuff - or even if legitimate - I let them know this is NOT a good way to conduct a survey.

MRD

The IRS does NOT email people. You will be contacted by them by mail if they need to contact you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread