+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Make sure you tell them that you took some meds before coming! And really try not to worry. I've had two root canals and neither were in teeth with cavities. They just feel off kind of. Like they're really sensitive, kind of like the tooth is out of place. The first root canal was on a tooth that I had a veneer put on and the work for the veneer disrupted the nerve. The root canal was almost painless. The only thing that hurts a little is the shot to deaden the nerve, and that just feels like someone is pinching you in your mouth. You will feel much better afterwards. Try to keep that in mind. And if it still hurts when they're starting to work, let them know! They'll take care of it.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I have heard the horror stories of root canals and therefore very grateful to have never needed one! However, Mr. M. has had many over the years and never had a problem... and they have been from different dentists. So.... goes to show you, it's different for all people. I really think the hype over root canals was before dental technology had really evolved very much - there have been so many advances in the diagnostic tools available to dentists, that I think it is pretty similar to a filling as far as pain goes. ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2953307;
    I brought my kitty home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHA! What kitty?! What's his/her name? What kind of kitty...when did she choose you...did you post in animal lovers....did I miss the introduction!?

Congratulations Any Lee!! You are now officially a kitty-lady! Now, when you get up to 3 kitties, you can become a full fledged cat-lady! LOL
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

After MONTHS of haggling with insurance and referrals, etc., I finally met the dietician yesterday and the good news is that she is confident we can control the hypoglycemia with diet changes and nothing too major. I was trying to do it on my own and only partially succeeding. Come to find out, I actually need more carbs than I was allowing myself.
    She also talked to my doctor about the gluten/wheat allergy and they both decided that I do NOT have to be gluten free at this time, which is a relief as it's really hard trying to eat that way and I was not succeeding all that well. And I can stop buying the really expensive gluten free breads, crackers and tasteless waffles.
    She is emailing me my own personal eating plan that she is working up, so can't wait to get started on it.
    She also said that the way I've been trying to eat for the hypo is what is stalling my weight loss and that once I get on my personal eating plan, I should start seeing the scale drop again.
    I can honestly say I wish I had been able to get in sooner (like years ago) because this was really a very informative visit and I learned a LOT. I highly reccomend anyone who has nutrition or diet problems or who wants to lose weight to consider an appointment with a dietician. This one was through the local hospital and she was truly wonderful.

Also last night we went to the preview of the new exhibit at the history musuem on SC naturalist, one of which was Audubon. The watercolors of the birds, plants and animals are breathtaking. It is a really wonderful exhibit and should bring a lot of visitors in to the musuem. We had a wonderful time and my daughter met someone that teaches watercolor classes and she is going to take one from him so she's excited.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congrats MRD ! I know you've been waiting to meet with the dietician for quite some time - it sounds like it was a great meeting Best of luck to you in your new eating plan!

My personal favorite part? -- being told you are not consuming enough carbs!!!! funny, no one has ever told me that... Maybe because that is ALL I eat??

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2953307;
    I brought my kitty home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How is s/he settling in?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Congrats Amylee on the kitty!!!

mrd, what FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you. Unbelieveably excited!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Dental report! Had a crack in a lower molar that had a filling with some decay under it, however it was not the tooth I thought. It was the one behind it. He took out the filling, cleaned out the decay, and put in another filling, and he is waiting to see if the tooth that I thought was the issue acts up at a later time, which will require a root canal. I like that he's being conservative and waiting to see if what he did today will take care of the problem. He's not convinced it's going to be problematic, but he's not convinced it's not. I only cried a little bit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2955831;
    I'll take 4-5 OTC ibuprofen before I leave the house, I'm sure.
    Don't do that! Ibuprofen, like aspirin, works by thinning your blood. If the dentist has to pull or cut anything, it will bleed like crazy--that's why they tell you to stop all antiinflammitories for a week before surgery.

If it makes you feel better, I ad developed extreme sensitivity in a couple of my teeth, and my dentist showed me a couple of places where my gum had receded a bit, which contributes--and also told me that the 'tartar removal', super whitening, etc. toothpastes can also cause sensitivity in one or more teeth. he cure? That flouride gel stuff you let sit on your teeth for a few minutes. I got a super strength kind from the dentist, and now have no more trouble. In fact I only have to use it after I bleach now. I also went back to a 'regular' toothpaste that isn't so abrasive.
    Maybe you'll get this lucky!
    And maybe your bad tooth was the one that actually caused your problem all along.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2956631;
    AHA! What kitty?! What's his/her name? What kind of kitty...when did she choose you...did you post in animal lovers....did I miss the introduction!?

Congratulations Any Lee!! You are now officially a kitty-lady! Now, when you get up to 3 kitties, you can become a full fledged cat-lady! LOL
    I have a domestic short hair. Her coat color can be described as black but it definitely looks like a mix of coffee and dark chocolate. Thus far she's been just fine. She definitely chooses her place to sleep, as she's pretty much ignored the cute bed i got her. She's very playful(likes toys and strings), etc. The only thing that's weirded me out was that she sleeps in the daytime and wants to play at night, i cant surveil her at night which leaves me weary since im asleep. Otherwise, she's been a joy. Whenever i go into my room at night, she's on top of my bed as if she owns the place. My little brother is enchanted. But i do have to clip them nails. I was beginning to think i was in over my head, but i then laid down her litter and her food and as soon as she approached each, i knew she would be okay. That left me a little less paranoid. If i do adopt again, i want a puppy, and that would be it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread