+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6237Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I brought my kitty home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2947196;
    I understand what you are saying, BUT answer this question! Will all of that crap that you did not do be there for you to do when you get around to it??? What would you have preferred to have given up?? The time with your granddaughter? The time with your daughter?? The time for yourself?? There is food in the house...there are clean dishes to eat from...your nerves are pretty settled, I'll bet....and "Hey-la-day-la your boyfriend's back!" I think you are ahead of the game. I"ve never known anyone on their deathbeds to say, "I wish I had worked more, I wish I had cleaned more."

Back on board after a few busy days. No, I did not get to half the stuff on my to-do list, and that is okay. And you are right, I did get to spend precious time with my older daughter. I see how much time I get to spend with my younger daughter, and I usually see more of my son because of his daughter, so my older daughter sort of gets left out of the equation. (Granted, with work and her social life, spending time with MamaC does not rank up there.) So it was nice to catch up with stuff that is going on in her life.

The past two to three weeks have been unseasonably warm and sunny up here, more like summer than early spring. Maybe that is what got me into manic cleaning mode, thinking I should have been done with spring cleaning since it was so nice out.

Now this week is going to be much, much cooler and rain is in the forecast for practically the entire week. So I will get to this and that while the weather outside is less than ideal. Maybe cross one thing off the list per day. And when the nice weather does eventually return, I will be ready to get to the outdoor stuff. Up here planting season doesn't start until mid to late May, so I have plenty of time.

It will get all done eventually and now with hubby home, he can do some of it too! HA!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm seeing the dentist tomorrow, for the first time in a long time. I've developed temperature sensitivity in one of my lower molars, and I don't like to chew on that side. No sensitivity to sugar. It's been going on for about a week. Anybody got any guesses as to what's happening in my mouth?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sinuses most likely. I have a tooth that feels like it needs a root canal but every time I go they tell me it isn't decay, it's sinus pressure.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Definitely not sinuses. I'm 100% good there....I'll be happy to take your money, if you want to bet me! (Besides, the only time I have had teeth pain connected to my sinuses, it was the upper teeth directly below the infected sinus cavity. this is just one lower molar.)

How do you know what it feels like when you need a root canal??? Please, God, NO!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-28-2008 at 09:55 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It might be just a big ol' cavity. The need for root canal is determined by x-ray: if the decay extends down to the nerve, root canal is indicated. If not, a filling should suffice. You can't always tell by how it feels. Luckily, with modern anesthesiologic techniques, root canal isn't (or shouldn't) be painful (during the process; afterwards, it can be kind of achy). But take a deep breath, have a glass of wine, and don't worry.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The tooth does not have a cavity appearance to the naked eye. Does that matter?

I'll second Ellen's opinion that root canals aren't as bad as some people make them out to be. In fact, my 14 year old niece needed one and was terrified, only to say after the fact "that was no big deal".
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2955737;
    The tooth does not have a cavity appearance to the naked eye. Does that matter?
    Not that I can tell. I've had several root canals, and nothing looked out of the ordinary beforehand.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Root canal work as well as 99.9% dental pain stories are myths. Never had pain here.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My terror stems from a dentist trying to fill a tooth without giving me any anesthetic when I was 7. Some things never leave you, and this would be one of them. My dentist is actually very good, but my terror won't go away. I'll be in full blown fright mode when I get there tomorrow. I'll take 4-5 OTC ibuprofen before I leave the house, I'm sure.

+ Reply to Thread