+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687888990919293941341845841084 ... LastLast
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    UNK, MUDUH why is it so cheap there and we are being californicated here in Nevada, gas is still 3.09 for the 87 octane and I nedd the $3.19 for the 89 octane to make my 400 foot climb each day to get home for work. Reno is 4400 feet up and I live 4800 feet up
    Cause we're livin right?

I haven't filled up in awhile but I think gas here in MI, is 2.74, it's been dropping like crazy over the last 10 days after being up toward 3.19.

Sun, have you ever seen Bull Durham, there is toe nail painting in that movie. I've had it done, it's fun but prefer a nice long neck and back rub.

I'm so tired of having a cold, it's nice out, I want to do yard work and walk but I have no energy, I'm coughing like crazy and I'm tired of blowing my nose.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun84 View Post
    Hey all,

So, I'm thinking that this may not be the most conventional thread at FORT, but here goes:

TO ALL MEN,

I was very fortunate in my early dating career that I had a girl ask me to paint her toes. (At the time as a teenager, any contact with the female form was NOT to be refused. ) It was a simple procedure, and drove her wild. You'd-a-thunk I had magically reproduced the Mona-Lisa, all over a couple of toes.

Well, I'll admit to painting a few sets of digits along the way. But I've been happily married for 4 years (dear god, we've known each other & been dating since '94!!! ). Even after all this time, the painting of the toes still goes a LONG LONG way!!! She absolutely loves it, and I have to admit it's actually really fun to do.

From a guy's perspective I look at it this way. It's kinda like painting your dream car. I get to pick out really cool colours, with all sorts of sparkles and finishes, every couple of weeks. Then I get to apply my paint to the toes to produce an awesome finish!

Am I a geek? Probably, but if any male out there is reading, pick up a bottle of polish and surprise your special someone. I swear, it will go a looong way. Plus, it's just plain fun!!!

Anyroads, that's my 2 cents worth. I love painting toes, my wife loves having her toes painted. A win-win situation if there ever was one!
    Your wife is a lucky woman. Mine has done mine a few times but when I asked him too. He of course didn't do it "right". But I think that anything you do for each other like that is really special.

--------------------------------
    LOVE LOVE the movie Bull Durham. I've actually stayed in the house that they show as the one Keven Costner's character lives in.
    But his line about what he believes in like long slow kisses that last 3 days is a classic. That line makes me melt every time I hear it.

That and the food feeding scene in 9 1/2 weeks. Those two movies are both really sexy movies in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2033430[B
    myrosiedog:[/B] you need your own show!
    But the I Love Lucy show has already been done and that is what my life most resembles!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well folks this is the last week of this part of my life. I'm a loner and prefer my own company to most anyone elses but after this week, I will be attached at the hip to the retiree! Yipee! I won't be on Fort as much since the man can't entertain himself for squat. And most of his entertainment involves manual labor. He already has projects planned for US that will probably last the rest of my natural life.

I'm happy for him that he can at last sleep past daylight if he chooses, and can actually stay up to watch Letterman, but I'm feeling sorry for myself. He retires but what about me, me, me?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Muduh, my mother went through the same thing when my father retired. She said it was actually easier for her to go to work everyday than to sit home and take care of my dad. Can you distance yourself from some of the "us" projects and just have your own "me me me" projects to work on where you get some space away from him?

My parents are going through this now too Mudah. Dad has been retired for about 9 years. Mom always worked at the school in the cafeteria. She retired in June, and she is already talking about going back as a "sub" because Dad is driving her batty. I feel for ya - as my hubby and I are pretty independant of each other. And while I love the guy, the thought of spending 24/7 with him, well, just makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    But the I Love Lucy show has already been done and that is what my life most resembles!
    ...you're Lucy and I'm Ethel

Friday when we were icing the cupcakes for the yardsale/bake sale--had cupcakes all down the counter, kids with gloves on...had a production going...I said "this is like Lucy's candy factory...........they all looked up at me like "HuH???? Oh well
    Last edited by Vonna; 08-23-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I guess dissapointment is the biggest part of it. For years, we planned on traveling a lot when he retired. We have always been frugal with a comfortable retirement as our goal. Well, retirement is here, we have money and now, a child to help raise. Don't know why I should be so surprised by that since I've been raising kids, mine and everyone elses, since I was twelve years old.

I do plan to give him a membership to the Y so that he can go exercise everyday but I just know that he's going to assume that that's a family project since I need the exercise (and weight loss) program more than he does. I also am going to encourage him to get involved in Habitat for Humanity since he's very interestd and can do most anything from concrete work, to framing, roofing, drywall and lots of other construction projects. It's just that he thinks we should do everything together. I've been on the other end of as many rafters, studs and decking as I care to. For Pete's sake, I'm almost 68 years old. Just let me DO a few thigs that I want to do!

Okay, pity party about to wrap up. Sorry girls. Do you think I could actually talk to our friends HERE about this? They'd think I'm crazy.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Muduh, I know what you mean because I've been hearing the same stuff from my Mom. Dad is set to retire at the end of the month, so she's not only got to take care of Dad's father who is living with them, she's now got to make sure Dad doesn't do anything crazy, like take off all the wood paneling in the den and move on to another project before finishing the first one. I've now started calling her in the middle of the day, asking her how her "kids" are doing. She is not amused!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    My parents are going through this now too Mudah. Dad has been retired for about 9 years. Mom always worked at the school in the cafeteria. She retired in June, and she is already talking about going back as a "sub" because Dad is driving her batty. I feel for ya - as my hubby and I are pretty independant of each other. And while I love the guy, the thought of spending 24/7 with him, well, just makes me cringe.
    Your marriage sounds like ours, here. I love my hubby like crazy, too..but I definitely need my "space"..time to myself, or I absolutely go crazy.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread