+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5921Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Rosie HATES snow, but Waldo and Bogie love playing in it. I think Lexi looks so cute in the snow.

Hey, in about 3 months, I would probably want to buy some snow!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ok, I'm sending out a big thank you to everyone that recommended the PedEgg. I picked one up at Walmart today($9.88) and I absolutely love it! My heels haven't been this smooth, since I don't know when. Thanks everybody!!

This PedEgg cult has me worried
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2943139;
    Go ahead, get one Newf. Do it, do it. You know you want to.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 04-23-2008 at 10:47 PM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2943139;
    Just don't drink the purple koolaid!

I think prhoshay is getting a cut on every ped egg sold. And if not, she should, look what she started.

Well today started off with Hubby saying he'd be home at 6. then it wa 8, then 10 and now 12. Needless to say, he's NOT real happy as apparantly its been one problem after another. He's tired, I'm tired and the dogs are driving me insane running to the door every 5 minutes. I want to know who told them he was due in tonight?

Just think that after he gets in, he gets to stay for a whole lot longer than anticipated. I know it's a small comfort, but hopefully it's a comfort!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2943399;
    Just don't drink the purple koolaid!

I think prhoshay is getting a cut on every ped egg sold. And if not, she should, look what she started.

Well today started off with Hubby saying he'd be home at 6. then it wa 8, then 10 and now 12. Needless to say, he's NOT real happy as apparantly its been one problem after another. He's tired, I'm tired and the dogs are driving me insane running to the door every 5 minutes. I want to know who told them he was due in tonight?
    Your body language
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

After the initial happy dog, body wagging greeting they gave him, Rosie got in MY lap and sat and just GLARED at him. It was so funny. Waldo and Bogie were still wanting to be next to him, get petted, loved, etc. and she sat on my knee and just Glared with her ears back and grunted. Apparantly she has expressed her displeasure about his being gone.
    However, when we went to bed, she got in her customary spot right next to him, so apparantly all was forgiven. It was so nice for me not to sleep with her in my armpit like we've been sleeping. And the funny thing is that all 3 dogs are still in there asleep with him this morning. I am suddenly NOT the most favored person in the house. But that's ok with me.

The nice thing is that we don't have to do ANYTHING for the next 4 days. Well light housework and he wants to do some work on the car, but he doesn't have to go to the office for 4 days. Next week is a different story, but we have 4 days and the weather is SO nice. They have started the free jazz concerts downtown on Fri. nights, so we'll go do that tomorrow and probably just hang around not doing much. So nice to think that we have 4 days to hang out.
    Last edited by MRD; 04-24-2008 at 08:14 AM.

CCL

Oh my, Lexi in the snow....soooo cute.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I was married to a firefighter, he usually worked 24 hours on, 48 hours off. I used to really look forward to his vacations (usually 1 month+). I really loved all of the time that we'd get to spend together....for about one week. After about that much time, it was....."all right now.....it's time for you to get out of here and be gone!" I got so used to having my time to myself that it was claustrophobic having him around 24/7! It was actually a relief when he went back to work! I'm guessing it was for him, too. We both liked the idea of him having his "guy time" at the firehouse. If I got really desperate to see him, I could always go to the firehouse and hang out a little. That didn't happen that often for me or any other of the wives that were not newly married, much. There was just something about having our own time at home, alone, that seemed invaluable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread