+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2935188;
    Nothing to do with anything, but that never stopped me before . . .

My partner and I were doing a survey for the post office in Mt Hope, Kansas, because they thought that the City was encroaching on the post office property with a new fence. While we were showing the postmaster our results, the City maintenance crew drove up and got in on the conversation (very friendly all around, this is a small town.) We told them about the fence, and they pointed out that the post office's satellite dish overhangs the property line. I told them that they better not squawk too loudly--the post office is part of the federal government, and as such, all it takes is one call from the Postmaster General to the Admiral and they can have tanks and aircraft carriers there to defend their property, whereas the best that the City government could do is bring in a backhoe.

I'd like to see the city square off with their backhoe against a tank.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Of course then we would all have to deal with a postage increase to cover the air strike expenses.

that's funny Newf.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2935079;
    Does anyone know if earth friendly trash bags are currently being produced? I'd hate to use small paper grocery bags for trash as that will mean many trips out to the dumpster.

Thanks.
    bug we use some household products from this company:

Recycled Trash Bags -Recycled Garbage Bags -Trash Can Liners | Seventh Generation

The only down side to their products is the cost but we've gone in with some friends and bought by the case which lowers the price.
    CYA

Thank you Bunny. They have those bags at Lassen's but if I can get other people to chip in it will be worth it to order from the company! We're working on planting some tomatoes, bell peppers and other vegetables as well to avoid having to go out more often for fresh veggies. We use paper bags to dispose of the kitty litter which we are still trying to get her used to organic litter. (she really hates it and will hold her potty for an entire day!)
    Yup, with donuts!!

We switched to organic litter a few months ago too. Right away we did what they recommended on the litter bag and layered a scoopful of the old litter on top until she got used to it. I think by the second changing she was ok with it.
    CYA

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I walk the dog i take care of close to a Jewish school, when ever any of the kids or the adults are outside, they scatter away from the dog. I looked this up and was mystified at what i found

The cultural dislike of dogs seems to trace back to Eastern Europe, where it was common for Jew-hating peasants to sic their dogs on Jews. An elderly Hasidic woman from Poland once told me that the first thing she would hear before a pogrom (a violent attack on a Jewish community) was the howling and barking of dogs in the distance, which got louder as the mob came nearer. The Nazis also used dogs to track down Jews during the Holocaust, and there are many eye-witness accounts of Jews being torn apart by vicious dogs in the concentration camps. So these are the images that many Hasidim have in their minds about dogs -- not as "man's best friend," but as the vicious accomplices of rampaging antisemites.
    Hasidism.info -- FAQ on Hasidism (Chassidism) Part 2 of 3

Maybe they feel like im terrorizing them. It was one thing to see the kids run away, but the adults too? it surprised me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I have snow for sale; any takers?!

Lexi showing her inner polar bear!

Fountain Park
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

That's amazing that Lexi gets in the snow! If Miss Princess even gets remotely cold, she lets everyone know she's unhappy!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2941519;
    That's amazing that Lexi gets in the snow! If Miss Princess even gets remotely cold, she lets everyone know she's unhappy!
    Me too!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread