+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2934655;

Some of them aren't that bad, but some of them now are just terrible. Too laughable to be scary.

Sometimes I wonder whether the term "horror" is meant to refer to the subject/plot of the movie, or the quality.

I was never a big movie fan growing up-- too long for my attention span, tv worked much better-- but in general, most horror films never scared me because I never bought into them mentally. (And yet, I'm a complete sucker for the romantic comedy, go figure). And since they didn't scare me, nor did they make me laugh usually, I was always either indifferent or bored. I'm spooked plenty, but fortunately horror films just don't do it.

Now, Snakes on a Plane, that would scare me to death.

I dated a grip who worked for Warner Bros so most movie stuff seems completely unreal to me because I know it is. There are a few horror movies that have scared me, The Exorcist is one of them. Of course I was a little girl when I first saw that movie.

The scariest thing that has ever happened to me was hearing someone whisper in my ear while I was trying to get to sleep. I now tuck my ear under the blanket or sheet and always keep my hands tucked under something. I've had my hand held once and while it was a bit comforting, it did creep me out. When my mother first passed away, I would feel someone stroking my hair when laying down to go to sleep. I felt it was probably her so I just said out loud, mom, I'm trying to go to sleep right now but thank you.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just bumped the "what creeps you out" thread. Please could we move the ghost / horror movie discussion there? It creeps me out.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

lol of course veejer!! Mods, could you move our ghost stories to that thread when you have a chance??

Thanks!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2934785;
    lol of course veejer!! Mods, could you move our ghost stories to that thread when you have a chance??

Thanks!
    Oh it isn't necessary to move what's already been posted. Just any new discussion.

Thanks buglover!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Does anyone know if earth friendly trash bags are currently being produced? I'd hate to use small paper grocery bags for trash as that will mean many trips out to the dumpster.

Thanks.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2935079;
    Does anyone know if earth friendly trash bags are currently being produced? I'd hate to use small paper grocery bags for trash as that will mean many trips out to the dumpster.

Thanks.
    They are - we saw some at Rona last weekend. That's a Canadian store (sort of like Home Despot), but I imagine they are available south of the border.

We've gotten lucky here in Toronto - the city is now providing us with wheeled garbage bins that don't require bags, so we will never have to buy another garbage bag as long as we live. Woo hoo!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

You're so lucky Rattus! We have a community dumpster and it will fill with flies and such if we all dump our trash in there without bags. If they sell them in Canada, they must have them here somewhere. I'm going to search the web in a little while once my work load slows a bit.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Nothing to do with anything, but that never stopped me before . . .

My partner and I were doing a survey for the post office in Mt Hope, Kansas, because they thought that the City was encroaching on the post office property with a new fence. While we were showing the postmaster our results, the City maintenance crew drove up and got in on the conversation (very friendly all around, this is a small town.) We told them about the fence, and they pointed out that the post office's satellite dish overhangs the property line. I told them that they better not squawk too loudly--the post office is part of the federal government, and as such, all it takes is one call from the Postmaster General to the Admiral and they can have tanks and aircraft carriers there to defend their property, whereas the best that the City government could do is bring in a backhoe.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Now THAT is way too funny!

+ Reply to Thread