+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2933824;
    I didn't go to the prom

Actually, not . Is there an emoticon for "completely indifferent"?
    my husband feels the same way as do a number of other guys I know.

Prom is more of a girl thing and the poor boyfriend usually has no choice I think.

My husband also feels the same way about his class reunions. But I had a number of friends in his class (he was a year ahead of me in school) and I'd like to go to his reunions to see them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

My daughter just made me watch some ghost show on tv and now I'm home alone (she went out with boyfriend) and I'm scared silly. I watch Ghost Hunters every week and it doesn't bother me, but this show is so sensationalized with weird sound effects and visual effects that its designed to be more like the stories you'd tell around a campfire, that now I'm literally jumping at every sound and its just the dogs.
    I hope she gets back soon. I hate feeling like this. Probably won't be able to sleep tonight either. Hubby's still gone, so don't have him to "protect" me.

I know it sounds stupid, but after watching something like that, I tend to scare myself for days. I know I shouldn't watch, but there is some morbid fascination that compels me and then I end up like this and I hate it. I hate that I watched it and I hate that I'm being such a chicken.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Have Rosie next to you going GRRRRRRR. That should help

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2933917;
    Prom is more of a girl thing and the poor boyfriend usually has no choice I think.

My husband also feels the same way about his class reunions. But I had a number of friends in his class (he was a year ahead of me in school) and I'd like to go to his reunions to see them.
    Another area where I apparently think like a man - no proms, reunions (family or class) or weddings (mine or anyone else's) for me, thank you very much. Like Thoreau, I say beware of all enterprises that require new clothes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2933928;
    My daughter just made me watch some ghost show on tv and now I'm home alone (she went out with boyfriend) and I'm scared silly. I watch Ghost Hunters every week and it doesn't bother me, but this show is so sensationalized with weird sound effects and visual effects that its designed to be more like the stories you'd tell around a campfire, that now I'm literally jumping at every sound and its just the dogs.
    I hope she gets back soon. I hate feeling like this. Probably won't be able to sleep tonight either. Hubby's still gone, so don't have him to "protect" me.

I know it sounds stupid, but after watching something like that, I tend to scare myself for days. I know I shouldn't watch, but there is some morbid fascination that compels me and then I end up like this and I hate it. I hate that I watched it and I hate that I'm being such a chicken.
    I am an avid horror movie/show/book fan. There are only a handful that actually scare me but some of those ghost shows make the hair stand up on my neck. About 5 years ago mr buglover and I were sitting in bed watching tv. I glanced out the door into the hallway and turned to him. His eyes were wide and I said, you saw him too? He said yes. This isn't the first time I've seen him. A tall dark figure in a hat walks through the hallway past the mirror and disappears into my sons room. That scared me. He didn't have a nice feeling around him. My son and I were talking about a week later and he asked me if I would think he was nuts if he told me something. He proceeded to tell me about the same man. He saw him in the same place while coming out of the bathroom. The next week I sat down in the hallway with some crystals and meditated. When I was done I firmly asked that whomever he was please leave and do not return as he is scaring myself and my family. We've never seen him since. Ghosts scare me but blood and guts do not. Go figure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2933917;
    Generally, I very much agree there.

My parents lucked out BIG-TIME with me (prom would have been on them-- their desire for me to do well in school exceeded their desire for me to earn money... which is good, because in college, my campus jobs tended to get priority over academics). I didn't get as girly as I am until I was well into college, and I generally had no interest in dances. In my town, there are Sadie Hawkins type dances in the winter for juniors and seniors, where the girl has to ask the guy, and then there's also junior and senior prom. Fortunately, in high school, I was way too awkward to ask a boy to a dance and I knew it-- a root canal was more appealing-- and so I had no interest in going to those, nor did I have any interest in going to junior prom. I did think I should go to senior prom, much to my mom's glee, but wanted to go very low key, plain dress, etc.

Of course, my "fond" memories of senior prom lasted about as long as my relationship with the guy I was dating at the time.. about six weeks, and now I block it out.

My sister was the exact opposite, went to all the dances, and then joined a sorority in college, to require even MORE dresses, and now I love dressing up and wish I'd done that more when I was younger.

I guess that's what weddings are for?

My very small high school did not have proms or dances and I was fine with that. I did join a sorority in college. My mother had been in the same sorority and I think I did it more for her than for me. She LOVED shopping for dresses with me. As far as the butt bows go - the sorority led to me being a bridesmaid many times and I almost always had a hideous pink or lavender bow on my behind. Not fun or atrtractive.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2933992;
    Another area where I apparently think like a man - no proms, reunions (family or class) or weddings (mine or anyone else's) for me, thank you very much. Like Thoreau, I say beware of all enterprises that require new clothes.
    Rattus, we agree again! I went to the regular dances at my school gym where we wore jeans and there was always a rowdy rock band, but no proms or anything remotely like that. I've gotten stuck as a bridesmaid a grand total of twice, and chose my own dress both times (well, for all three girls in my sister's wedding) and I don't intend to ever attend any high school or college reunions!
    MRD, just say no to the scary shows! I watch the occasional creepy movie with L. but not that other stuff, since I live here all by myself. When I lived at Mom and Dad's I used to like scary stories, but some make me too jumpy now. Not the ones with demons, killer clowns, zombies, etc. but the supposedly true stuff about weird things happening when no one else is around, like on that Ghost Story show. (I saw that one time at my sister's, and it bugged me for hours)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've always been a girly girl. Well tried to be. I didn't go to a lot of the dances but I always wanted to dress up and wear dresses and look pretty from a really young age.

mrd, I used to LOVE horror movies. I would watch them day in and out then I kind of stopped. Now I'm in the process of reintroducing them back into my video watching. Some of them aren't that bad, but some of them now are just terrible. Too laughable to be scary. I don't tend to watch the more realistic ones though. Too scary .

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, apparently, was always seen as a girly-girl, however I never really took that impression of me seriously. I did like to dress up; I loved to go to the dances (frequently, and the nuns were out there on the dance floor as much as I was)...my darling grandfather took me to my first long-dress formal dance when I was 16, which he had always talked about doing. I determined a good boyfriend by whether or not he was as good at wrestling and running as I was. I could definitely give as good as I would get.

Moviewise, I've always been into the psychological thrillers and they scared me so much because I knew they could actually happen. I first saw 'Psycho' when I was about 8 years old...before there was all of the worry about emotionally scarring the childrden...and I have never forgotten the start it gave me. I've always thought movies like 'The Ring' were totally stupid and never understood what scared people about them. Hannibal Lecter, on the other hand, made me a little nervous.

I've experienced enough psychic stuff in my lifetime not to be frightened by it, but I've never been priviledged enough to "see" spirits or whatever they might be....but I've always been open to it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread