+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7291Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2933024;
    I don't care who prepares my food as long as it tastes good, the restaurant is clean, and the service is good.
    That's the biggest kicker for me. As long as the place, and the people preparing it, are clean, then I'm happy (well, not true, food has to be good too). Nothing makes me cringe more than to read about a restaurant employee who is seen leaving the bathroom without washing his/her hands. I also have a tendency to get grossed out when I find hairs in my food, particularly if they are very dark brown or black, since my hair is dirty blond. That kills a meal for me pretty quickly too.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2933243;
    It's hard to imagine any prom dresses uglier than those of my era: the mid-1970s.

Are you kidding? For the prospect of getting laid?
    I too Prommed in the 70's and believe me, these dresses were UGLIER. Neon Pink and green. No lie, you could find these girls in the dark. (maybe that was the purpose. ) and dresses with this thing attached to the butt that trailed the ground. Lots of those. it was like a piece of gathered cloth that attached over the butt usually with a cluster of rhinestones or something and then flared out and trailed down to the ground and created a small train behind them.

And more spray tans than on Dancing with the Stars. Combine the orange spray tan with a neon pink dress with butt train and you could not get much uglier.

This was definetly conspicuous consumption at its very best. I just couldn't help but think of all the money spent for this one night.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2933397;
    And more spray tans than on Dancing with the Stars. Combine the orange spray tan with a neon pink dress with butt train and you could not get much uglier.
    Didn't their parents ever tell them that orange and pink just don't go together?!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2933066;
    If someone from Mars opened a restaurant here, I'd try it and not care what planet they were from or what color they were or if they worshipped cats.
    I would DEFINTELY patronize a place that worshipped CATS, and uh critters named WALDO

MRD

Here's a photo of the butt train we saw on so many prom dresses last night. This dress is rather elegant, but imagine this dress in a neon pink and a sort of polyester blend rather than satin and you will get an idea of what we saw last night.

. . . and dresses with this thing attached to the butt that trailed the ground. Lots of those. it was like a piece of gathered cloth that attached over the butt usually with a cluster of rhinestones or something and then flared out and trailed down to the ground and created a small train behind them. . .
    Oh ick.
    It's hard to imagine what's uglier: the expanded enhanced butt-bow train, or polyester plaid in earth tones with ruffles.

This dress is rather elegant, but imagine this dress in a neon pink and a sort of polyester blend rather than satin and you will get an idea of what we saw last night.
    Okay -- just saw this. I like this particular dress a lot, with this style of train. But in neon pink polyester, ehhhh, not so much.
    But I still think the prom dresses in my high school yearbooks are uglier.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

What girl tries to draw attention to her butt?! Egads!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2933655;
    What girl tries to draw attention to her butt?! Egads!
    I really tried to find a photo of the dresses I saw last night. The above one is rather elegant, but the ones last night were NOT.

And yes, who wants to draw attention to their hind end? Not me.
    But I do have to say that is isn't as bad as the 80's with the huge butt BOWS.

Want a laugh, here's my prom picture from 1979. Notice the Farrah Fawcett hair.
    The dress my mom brought back from Morocco and I still have it.

I still keep in touch with my date and he's completely bald now.

Last edited by MRD; 04-20-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I would hope it would be a girl who knows she's got a great one!! Believe it or not...those persons are out there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't go to the prom

Actually, not . Is there an emoticon for "completely indifferent"?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread