+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2930201;
    No, I was doing a riff on Cosmonauts/Cosmology/Cosmetology
    I was teasing you back!

However, I really need to go put my glasses on because I thought you were teasing me because I had once again mispelled something. I am sitting here with my nose practically pressed against the monitor trying to read everyone's posts. I am pathetic, you'd think I'd go get my glasses!

I really dont' mind the teasing and I thought what you posted was actually funny. I'll have to use that on my daughter next time she says that word.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I left my glasses at work again so this whole weekend could be spelling error central for me!! I do ask mr buglover to read my posts and quickly change them if I spell incorrectly!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally believe in getting services done at cosmetology schools. Good for you!!! Thanks for the Walgreen's hookup!! Beats the shipping/handling all day long! I'm going to lay in a supply of blades!

I remember paying $5.00 for a precision cut at at hair school!! My friends were totally envious.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2930227;
    I left my glasses at work again so this whole weekend could be spelling error central for me!! I do ask mr buglover to read my posts and quickly change them if I spell incorrectly!!!
    There's a nose print on my monitor screen because I'm trying to proof read my posts. Mine are in the other room. Why oh why isn't Waldo trained to fetch more than toaster waffles and cupcakes???? (and why am I too lazy to walk 10 feet?)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2930227;
    Look out for anyone you ask to change what you post....."DANGER!! WARNING! WARNING!!!" (ala "Robbie the Robot" from Lost In Space!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I haven't paid for a haircut since 9th grade. That's about the time that Mom started cutting it, and that lasted through college. When I moved out on my own, I cut my hair myself, with touch-ups by Mom on my once-or-twice-a-year pilgrimages back to Ohio. After that, my then-wife took care of it. Now days, my EX-wife cuts it--how's that for courage/stupidity?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2930292;
    I haven't paid for a haircut since 9th grade. That's about the time that Mom started cutting it, and that lasted through college. When I moved out on my own, I cut my hair myself, with touch-ups by Mom on my once-or-twice-a-year pilgrimages back to Ohio. After that, my then-wife took care of it. Now days, my EX-wife cuts it--how's that for courage/stupidity?
    Hey, if she gives you a good cut that's not stupidity, it's economical!

My mother always cut my hair growing up and my cut has always been the easiest ever, just part and snip straight across since I wear my hair the same length all over. I haven't had bangs since the "claw" days. I always thought she did a great job. Then when I was in 8th grade I wanted a lot chopped off, from mid-back to just below chin length. She cut it and I thought it looked good. My art teacher, bless her heart, noticed my drastic hair cut and said that it looked good. She liked that I was doing one side longer than the other and she was thinking about doing the same thing since it was the new trend. So yeah, my mom wasn't great at cutting hair and I never realized it. I don't think she ever cut it again after that. But I did let her cut my husband's hair once. Only once.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2930292;
    Newf, that's smart. My husband cuts his own hair. Well he shaves his head about 4 times a year and then just trims what grows back in as it grows.

After I almost cut my husbands ear off (I really have never seen a man bleed THAT much!), he quit letting me cut it.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

So, im currently looking to adopt some pets and i'm looking just about everywhere i can think of. One of those places(even if against my own beliefs) is Craigslist. I email those who have an adoption fee and those who don't. The ones who don't have fees i find to be tacky. They don't even bother to respond to whether the pet is still available or not. The one's who do ask for fees, i find that are actually selling the pet. You know why? There is no way in hell i'm going to pay $500+ to 'adopt' the pet. At that point, they're selling the pet. I say that because the nycacc has varying fees and it's no where near that, hell, you take one cat and they give you one for free. But i did want to get your opinions and maybe some advice when it comes to this search.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2931235;
    So, im currently looking to adopt some pets and i'm looking just about everywhere i can think of. One of those places(even if against my own beliefs) is Craigslist. I email those who have an adoption fee and those who don't. The ones who don't have fees i find to be tacky. They don't even bother to respond to whether the pet is still available or not. The one's who do ask for fees, i find that are actually selling the pet. You know why? There is no way in hell i'm going to pay $500+ to 'adopt' the pet. At that point, they're selling the pet. I say that because the nycacc has varying fees and it's no where near that, hell, you take one cat and they give you one for free. But i did want to get your opinions and maybe some advice when it comes to this search.

Did you try petfinder? They list local shelter and breed specific rescue animals available.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread