+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6260Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2929659;
    I know -- little shakers are nothing! (The big ones upwards of 7.5, the ones that break freeway bridges and topple buildings are another thing, but a little shake, rattle, and roll? ) I'll take a little quake over the Wisconsin tornadoes any day!
    Ha! And I used to say that about Hurricanes vs Earthquakes. At least with hurricanes, we get a few days notice, but then came 2004 and even with notice it was bad.

So far, living here, we've had the threat of tornados, but none yet. The weather really is mild. When it really STORMS here, we laugh because even the worst storm has been mild compared to the summer afternoon thunderboomers in Florida that you would get EVERY DAY!
    They also supposedly have earthquakes here, but nothing in years and years, but Charleston experienced a MAJOR earthquake in 1886.

The one thing we have been warned about is the ice storms, but 2 winters here and no ice storm as of yet. I hope that the trend continues.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm down by Cincinnati, but didn't feel anything -
    of course, that could be because I took a sleeping pill last night. But the dog didn't react to anything.

I was living in Indiana many, many years ago and thought we had one, but it was just the downtown BLOWING UP!!!!
    Richmond, Indiana, 1968 a gun store blew up. Destroyed about 20 buildings.
    Thats was a feeling I would never forget.

Plus I was on the 18th floor of a bank tower when the Xenia tormado went through. We felt the building sway a little.

I keep thinking we are safe in the inner land area we are in, but thinking back --- you never realy know.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2929710;
    I'm down by Cincinnati, but didn't feel anything -
    of course, that could be because I took a sleeping pill last night. But the dog didn't react to anything.

I was living in Indiana many, many years ago and thought we had one, but it was just the downtown BLOWING UP!!!!
    Richmond, Indiana, 1968 a gun store blew up. Destroyed about 20 buildings.
    Thats was a feeling I would never forget.

Plus I was on the 18th floor of a bank tower when the Xenia tormado went through. We felt the building sway a little.

I keep thinking we are safe in the inner land area we are in, but thinking back --- you never realy know.
    I remember the Xenia tornado and I was living in Florida and was about 13 years old, but I remember seeing the damage on tv and being just shocked and it has stuck with me that long.

I was in a building the other night. Only 4 stories, but you could feel it swaying and it was making me a little dizzy. I was there for a wine tasting. I guess after a few glasses of wine, I don't remember feeling the sway anymore.

Prhoshay, how often do you buy replacement "blades" for your ped egg? I swear mine is already dull and I haven't had it that long. Maybe I just had REALLY bad feet, but I think I need a replacement already.

I'm so glad this came up. I googled the Richmond Explosion and they are doing a documentary on it that is due out this month (how freaky to me).
    so many of those interviewed were friends of mine (we were all about 10-13, or parents of kids I went to school with.

So many memories. My mom worked at the hospital and we saw so little of her for the next few weeks. My dad was downtown - he was safe - but he came home just WHITE - having seen things in a friendly little hometown that compared to things he saw in the war.
    I was reading some of the experiences on the site for the documentary (called 1:47), and even though I don't know their married names - I know exactly who the people are by their stories.
    WOW. so much came flooding back just remembering this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ped Egg Blades - Pedegg Ped Egg Pedicure Replacement Blades

I've not had to replace my blade yet...probably because I still get professional pedis every so often. Included a link that I found, in case you haven't located replacements. And if you have found replacement blades, tell us where!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Schmoo,
    I'm going to go look that up since you brought it up. I had never heard about the Richmond explosion, but I sure remember Xenia.

Prhoshay,

Walgreens sells 3 replacement blades for $9.99 which is the same cost as the ped egg itself. I hope to be getting regular pedi's soon. We enrolled my daughter in cosmotology school this week and I can get 50% off any service now that she is a student. Pedi's are regularly $10 and I can get it for $5!!!!

Even better, I can now afford to have my hair professionally highlighted. Foil highlights for my length will only be $22!!!!
    I got my hair cut there a few weeks ago and I have to say its been one of the BEST haircuts I've ever had and it was only $7 full price! I really think I'm going to like my daughter being a student there.

We enrolled my daughter in cosmotology school this week
    I don't think that I'd do very well in cosmotology--the weightlessness of outer space would be too disorienting, and the huge G-forces during lift-off would probably crush my spleen.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2930140;
    I don't think that I'd do very well in cosmotology--the weightlessness of outer space would be too disorienting, and the huge G-forces during lift-off would probably crush my spleen.
    Everyone likes a little a** but NO ONE likes a smart a**!!!

Make fun of me and my poor eyesight and inability to spell!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2929659;
    I know -- little shakers are nothing! (The big ones upwards of 7.5, the ones that break freeway bridges and topple buildings are another thing, but a little shake, rattle, and roll? ) I'll take a little quake over the Wisconsin tornadoes any day!
    Me too! The big ones only hit every 10+ years so I feel ok about it. I went through the Northridge quake in 94 with my son being only 1 1/2 at the time. I looked so pretty in my red sweats with a purple t-shirt while sitting outside waiting for daylight to come!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2930147;
    Make fun of me and my poor eyesight and inability to spell!
    No, I was doing a riff on Cosmonauts/Cosmology/Cosmetology
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread